Stolen Fuel from South Texas Speedway

Mike Riley

Last night we showed up to the track to discover five (5) 55 gallon drums of standard fuel had been stolen, therefore we had no fuel to sell to the racers. Please be on the look out for anyone with an abundance of fuel. There were approximately 30 drums of fuel in the fuel barn, 25 of methanol and 5 of standard. All that was missing was all the standard, so whoever did it, knew what they were taking. Racers stealing from racers??? I hope not! Anyone that has information on this please call me @ 361-533-3460.

$500 CASH REWARD!

[edited out by Nick Holt, 7/1/07] I say bring them to the track so we can beat the crap out of them. Someone must really brave to do this and I say if they are caught they deserve what ever happens to them. It had to be more than one person to lift a 55 gallon drum of fuel. Now I have to go to Busters which is out of my way to get gas. Some people are just a plain out [edited out by Nick Holt, 7/1/07] and need their butt kicked in to the ground. :angry:

actually sts one person could do this it would just take them a little while to perform this task, and they are a sorry piece of trash to do this however many people it was..........hopefully whoever it was is caught and punished accordingly................. wether it be by the law or by a few fellow racers trust me they wont call the cops on you for beating them sinceless it would have the equivalancy of a drug dealer calling the cops and saying yeah somebody just robbed me of all my drugs can you help me out good luck to the track on finding it and dispencing punishment as deemed fit

Lets make it a $1000 dollar reward as I will kick in $500 on top of Riley's $500. Things like this make me question why we work so hard to do what we do. I hope whom ever did it gets what is coming.

Owen Pittman

i know who did it!!! a thief .were is my money????

Wouldn't be surprised if the FBI and ATF arent all over thiis. With all that has been happening in London and Scotland.

Also, wasn't it Nitro Methane they used in the OKC bombing. I'm not one that worries about stuff like this, but they are asking for people to be on the look out for things of this sort...

Mark

Yep, Barry will get the culprit.... not that he has enough to be pissed off about right now... so this would only add to the fuel... no pun intended...

Barry, just letting you know from the Hall racing #96 crew, we appreciated your hospitality this weekend and had a good time at your place BBQing and drinking all of your beer... well the two I had anyway!

HAH!

Hey, Riley we'll keep our ear's and eye's open and if we find anything out we don't need a REWARD! Hope some one find's the fuel this is [edited out by Nick Holt, 7/1/07] !!!!!!!!! Barry Major#33 and crew.

Well I got some cut outs on my last post about the people who stole from Owen and Riley and the rest of the racers who support STS but on the up side PACKED HOUSE AND LOTS OF CARS. STS is by far the best way to spend your saterday nights. There is always some damn good racing the stands and the car counts show it every week. Lets keep it up and support Owen and the rest of the STS crew that all allow us to do this every saterday night. And I would like to say thanx to Owen and the rest of the crew for a place to race, if it wasnt for them I wouldnt be doin it.

Did anyone else see that hobby stock wreck this past weekend the way I did? I was in the #96 blue camaro... I went flying into the air and came down pretty hard... no injuries though and glad everyone else came out fine.. but that was one for the books...

I've been reviewing the video again and again, and as high the backend of my car went up, no damage other than some sheetmetal rivets getting pulled out causing my left rear quarter panel to wave at the crowd...

Excellent response by the STS crew getting that all squared away and back to racing....

Kudos to Barry Major for taking his car all the way to the finish.... he had no roof, no side body panels, just a nose and a deck.... a lesser man would have rolled off into the pits...

Makes me want to come back and race again...

I can't match Mike or Owens' reward but I got fifty on it. The thing that sucks is that who ever stole the fuel is a "friend". Half of us out there has probably drank a beer with this MOFO. Where's the comraderie? Like I said I have fifty bucks to kick in on this reward.

I can't match Mike or Owens' reward but I got fifty on it. The thing that sucks is that who ever stole the fuel is a "friend". Half of us out there has probably drank a beer with this MOFO. Where's the comraderie? Like I said I have fifty bucks to kick in on this reward.
RGV.Mod #96 I'am not pissed off about the wreck just the fuel thing. Wreck's are just part of racing Hey you all are welcome anytime we also had a great time. Hope you allcome back 16 car's are better than 3 car's HAHAHA!!!!!!

Did anyone else see that hobby stock wreck this past weekend the way I did? I was in the #96 blue camaro... I went flying into the air and came down pretty hard... no injuries though and glad everyone else came out fine.. but that was one for the books...

I've been reviewing the video again and again, and as high the backend of my car went up, no damage other than some sheetmetal rivets getting pulled out causing my left rear quarter panel to wave at the crowd...

Excellent response by the STS crew getting that all squared away and back to racing....

Kudos to Barry Major for taking his car all the way to the finish.... he had no roof, no side body panels, just a nose and a deck.... a lesser man would have rolled off into the pits...

Makes me want to come back and race again...

RGV.Mod#96 I had a bird's eye view of the wreck myself. I am the #33 that lost all my skin.lol

I am also glad every one was ok. Thank's to Owen and his crew for thier fast response. OH almost for got

Thank you Daniel Duncan for being there. I stayed in the race because there was nothing wrong with my car,and I though the FAN'S would enjoy the show. BARRY MAJOR#33 HOBBY JUST FOR FUN......

I'll put $100.00 on top of it also lets just catch the crooks!!!

i will match flattire15's $100.00.whoever did this needs thier freaking arms broke to teach them a leeson forget the cops.i will volenteer to do it riley. :angry:

i will kick in as well cant afford the huindreds but i can swing a 50. i can also swing a hell of a ball bat as well.

First off, we're sure sorry to hear of the loss for the track. We know that Owen works hard to make things happen and something like this can sure make you question why you do it. I know the racers also appreciate Mike R. making the fuel available without any hassle.

At this point, the person or persons involved will most likely try to stay under the radar. Whoever did this will probably try to stay out of the way of many people. It's been made clear what the consequences of their actions will be. It will probably take a little bit of time to get people talking or for the culprit to be ratted out so don't lose faith, they will eventually be caught. People have a way of getting what's coming to them, even if we don't always see it. ;)

Good Luck

I heard that the lock was busted on the trailor. Is this correct? Was the lock busted on the gate out front? Is it someone who knows the code? How many people actually know it? Has sts filled a police report? Any info would be usefull in finding the thief. Please note it would have to be more than one involved....

There aren't too many things worse than a thief. Who ever took the fuel knew what they were doing. We had 9 Gravely lawnmowers stolen a week or so ago where I work in Taft and nobody saw a thing and in that same week one of our farmers had several thousand $ worth of tools stolen from his shop. Crazy stuff! I hope they catch whoever took the fuel.

speakig of thieves i lost a gm 12 bolt rear end from my house and from the shop i was in we lost a roll cage out of my camaro. we had decided we didnt need it and had it sitting off to the side i thought my buddy had giveen it away even saw in the back of a truck going down the road later in the week he asked what i had done with it..lol..i saw it being stolen and had no idea...seems like it is going around dont forget Jason Knights pure stock that was stolen and later found and the guy that lost the trailer from bishop a while back

maybe if the fuel theif gets caught it will solve several probems

The night of June 16th the lock on the front gate was busted in 2 so that is the night it was stolen, a police report has been filed.

Talked to the Sunoco dealer yesterday and he has not sold a single gallon of fuel to anyone South of Houston other than South Texas Speedway so if someone local tells you they have some VP or other fuel to sell you please let me know the dealer will test it for Free I need a couple of cap fulls to get tested.

Thanks

I think the reward is up to about 1300 now.

Owen

If the thief is a racer its probably not a good idea discussing the bait on the forum. where is csi when u need them?lol Hopefully it is petty theft and not the scenario described above about terrorists, would be crazy to find out fuel used in terrorist attack. Homeland security would not let tracks store that much fuel any more. How much would it cost to replace the stolen fuel? If there is 1300.00 in donations to catch the thief why not donate the money to replace fuel? I will kick in 100.00 to help replace fuel and a size 15 boot if you catch the thief. With todays technology there has to be a way to put hidden motion sensor camera in fuel container to prevent or catch next time. If they get away with it you can bet there will be a next time. South texas speedway has a lot of sponsors, maybe you can solicit sponsorsip from security company that deals in such things. I saw a store in an S.A. mall that sold PI equipment to the public( such as cameras that look like teddy bear eyes or shirt buttons), so they are out there. for that matter just a home security company could use some advertisement to monitor a little building like that for a billboard? just a thought

Archived