Tri-CIty points to carry over to TDR

We have thought about the points issue in depth and have decided that the driver's points accumulated at the track so far this year will stand.

However, we are dropping the points from the event which was run on June 15th. There was too much wrong with the track and some driver went home and didnt get to race. So we will treat the Benny night as if it never happened. We want everyone to have a fair shot to become the 1st Texas Dirt Raceway Champion.

We know this will not be popluar with everyone, but we honestly feel that this is the fairest decision of all the varioius options that were considered.

Rick Day

I will be the first to say that our team appreciates all that have stepped up to make things happen at TDR. From the pictures, everything looks great and the informative posts are keeping all in the loop with little left to wonder about information. For this, once again, we thank Selma and the TDR staff.

On a more serious note, JMO, dropping the points from "Benny's" night seem unfair to those drivers who, for the love of racing, stayed and played. Yes, #15 did win and I am inclined to be partial to him, however, there are many other drivers that stayed, even when the going got rough. :(

Once again, thanks for the effort. :)

We have thought about the points issue in depth and have decided that the driver's points accumulated at the track so far this year will stand.

However, we are dropping the points from the event which was run on June 22nd. There was too much wrong with the track and some driver went home and didnt get to race. So we will treat the Benny night as if it never happened. We want everyone to have a fair shot to become the 1st Texas Dirt Raceway Champion.

We know this will not be popluar with everyone, but we honestly feel that this is the fairest decision of all the varioius options that were considered.

Rick Day

i think at this point in the year and w/what has happened, theres not a whole lot out there concerned w/points. however for those of us who are out there for points, that kinda sucks.... i put my car through hell that night to keep up in my points....BUT, had shelma not purchased the track there may possibly be no points to bitch about at this time so im on the fence... i breifly spoke to shelma and didnt get a chance to thank her so if you come across this entry , shelma, on behalf of us at rockstar racing, wed like to thank you guys, gals for all you are doing.. GOD BLESS.... hey,... anyone like good music????? article of control.com

It is not fair to the drivers that stayed and toughed it out to not have the points count. It was a full race night and the only cars that left that I saw was IMCA. We had a full class and the points should count. Yes I know we had a great nite and it moved Patrick in first but he worked hard and his kidney's will never be the same but he stuck it out earned those points. I would ask you to reconcider that decision for all classes. The cars that did stay should not be penalized.

I show up, tracks bad, I stay and support the track so that we will continue to have racing in south texas and the ones that leave get rewarded. If your going to ommit one night then why not start all new? This is the type of thing that makes people stop running weekly for points. This is not meant as a bash but rather an opinion of someone (making the drive from Corpus) who has supported the track all season.

I agree...i know a few people left, but i think atleast 90 percent of the pure stock class stayed and we had drivers out there pushing there cars when they know they shouldnt have been, myself included. Its worth considering to not dock these drivers their points.

I show up, tracks bad, I stay and support the track so that we will continue to have racing in south texas and the ones that leave get rewarded. If your going to ommit one night then why not start all new? This is the type of thing that makes people stop running weekly for points. This is not meant as a bash but rather an opinion of someone (making the drive from Corpus) who has supported the track all season.

so darin how many points did you get for breaking in the feature? i was leading the heat and would've got three for a win but broke from the track conditions and could'nt run the feature, i say it's a good gesture on the managment's part to carry it over without" bennie night" , and actually papalote is'nt a suburb of corpus there are other people that drive to support just like you do :o

WE SHOWED UP TO SUPPORT AND IM NOT SORRY WE DIDNT RUN WE AS MANY PEOPLE DO PUT A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT INTO OUR CARS AND TO HAVE A TRACK THAT WAY WELL IT WAS NOT A TRUE RACE TRACK TO SAY THE LEAST I HAVE RUN ON TRACKS LIKE THAT ONLY TO PAY THE PRICE FOR WEEKS TO COME BREAKING PARTS LEFT AND RIGHT BLOWN SHOCKS LOST DRIVESHAFTS ETC THAT RACE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED OFF IF IT WASNT FOR THE FIRE TRUCK UR NIGHT WOULD HAVE BEEN A LOT WORSE BUT AS WE SEEN IT NO WATER TRUCK IM GOING HOME IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THE FIRE TRUCK WOULD HAVE WATERED THE TRACK TO SAVE THE DAY WHO KNOWS WE MIGHT HAVE STAYED BUT NO BODY COULD SEE THE FUTURE JMO GREG D ;)

[WE SHOWED UP TO SUPPORT AND IM NOT SORRY WE DIDNT RUN WE AS MANY PEOPLE DO PUT A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT INTO OUR CARS AND TO HAVE A TRACK THAT WAY WELL IT WAS NOT A TRUE RACE TRACK TO SAY THE LEAST I HAVE RUN ON TRACKS LIKE THAT ONLY TO PAY THE PRICE FOR WEEKS TO COME BREAKING PARTS LEFT AND RIGHT BLOWN SHOCKS LOST DRIVESHAFTS ETC THAT RACE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED OFF IF IT WASNT FOR THE FIRE TRUCK UR NIGHT WOULD HAVE BEEN A LOT WORSE BUT AS WE SEEN IT NO WATER TRUCK IM GOING HOME IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THE FIRE TRUCK WOULD HAVE WATERED THE TRACK TO SAVE THE DAY WHO KNOWS WE MIGHT HAVE STAYED BUT NO BODY COULD SEE THE FUTURE JMO GREG D ;)

Hi, 8G willyou all be coming to sts on saturday if so willsee you there. I like to see the great show you put on and I'am sure every one else dose too.

Guys/Gals,

enough mudslinging "no pun" intended.

It's a new day and there will be plenty of time to race. Would love to be running tomorrow night, but God didn't intended it to be so. next week is right around the corner and maybe just maybe it will stop raining.

that being said, everyone have fun this weekend and we may seek down to sts to watch...

everyone travel safely...

Mark

[THANKS WE WILL BE THERE SEE YA GREG D

Not going to Texana :(:(:( I just finished my last AZUL.....

speaking of!

I found them next door to the shop. It's a "little hole in der' wall" Guy said "those are for girls!"

Had to set him straight.... :D Think he'll be ordering more!

I DIDNT THINK EDNA WAS RUNNING JUST FOUND OUT A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO HAD PREV PLANS FOR STS WOULD LOVE TO RUN EM BOTH ALWAYS A GREAT TRACK AND AZULS FOR GIRLS COME ON GLAD U SET EM STRAIGHT MARK AND WE WILL SEE U ALL AT THE NEXT RACE EVERBODY KEEP EM DRY GREG D :lol:

I am not trying to bash anyone, far from it, I am just asking a question. I am thrilled for the new owners and will do anything to support them. You asked what the championship pays, we don't care about that but we do care about the points and trying to win the championship for our sponsors. After all we run for fun and for them. I do not understand why the point would even be an issue for that night, we raced, we got points why take them away?? What happened that caused that decision to be made? Again this only a question so that I better understand. Shelma I have not had a chance to THANK YOU for stepping up for all of us and giving us all hope once again.

I DIDNT THINK EDNA WAS RUNNING JUST FOUND OUT A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO HAD PREV PLANS FOR STS WOULD LOVE TO RUN EM BOTH ALWAYS A GREAT TRACK AND AZULS FOR GIRLS COME ON GLAD U SET EM STRAIGHT MARK AND WE WILL SEE U ALL AT THE NEXT RACE EVERBODY KEEP EM DRY GREG D :lol:

Ok...I guess I can wait another week...but it was my birthday weekend :( ... lol

Brenda

I just got off the phone with IMCA...and you cannot just erase a night of points in the IMCA classes

Even though i wish they would get erased (since i got last) it cant be done.

We thank Frank for the gun hole,, on this,,, but I was waiting for a call back and just received it from Virginia with the IMCA... and she stated the points were turned in and they will stay..So all points will stands for all classes....Questions call me...

We handle the issues within our office, Professionally.... Please contact us first...210-218-7655... it would have saved you a phone call.....

Thanks

Shelma

Archived