Shelma Walton purchases I-37

For Immediate Release – June 24, 2007

San Antonio Businesswoman purhcases I-37 Speedway

San Antonio, TX (June 24, 2007) – San Antonio businesswoman Shelma Walton announced today that she has purchased I-37 Speedway, a popular International Motor Contest Association (IMCA)-sanctioned quarter-mile dirt oval located in Pleasanton, Texas.

Walton also announced that she has named former San Antonio Speedway General Manager Rick Day to be the General Manager and Race Director effective immediately.

Walton, who also owns and operates J & S Racing Promotions, said that she plans to hold races this Friday, June 29, 2007, as originally scheduled under the former owners.

“I see this as a great opportunity to help stabilize stock car racing in Central and South Texas,” Walton said in making the announcement. “To me, I-37 Speedway is a diamond in the rough. I look forward to upgrading the facility over time and providing a place where families will want to be associated with.”

Shelma Walton, James Beasley and Rick Day will be holding an important driver’s meeting at 7:00 p.m. on Friday before the racing action gets under way at 8:00 p.m.

Walton also emphasized that interested parties should not contact the former owners, but rather contact her if there are questions or concerns. Walton’s Email address is Shelma@jsracingpromotions.com.

“Tomorrow we will be announcing a new name for the track,” Walton said. “But we just finalized the deal yesterday and I am really haven’t had time to come up with an appropriate name. But I can tell you this, new and exciting things will be happening at the speedway soon.”

-- 30 --

cool!

now rick can eat. ....ahhh i kid, rick. actually i saw him last night and he appears to be slimming down , i was hoping it was not from lack of funds.

shelma ,now even if you don't get the MEGA motorplex off the ground , you have fully earned my respect for stepping up on this deal.

WELL DIRT TRACKERS ..LOOKS LIKE THE I37 SPEEDWAY HAS SOME OWNER .S WHO CARE ..WHO CAN PROBABLY AND WILL TAKE IT UP ANOTHER STEP ..AND GOT RICK TO BOOT ..SO DOES THIS MEAN I LL HAVE TO GO DIRTING . PROBABLY NOT .BUT HECK I JUST MAY GO WATCH ..OTHER WORDS YOU GUYS SHOULD BE ENERGIZED .... GOOD LUCK . HAVE FUN .. AND GOOD LUCK TO J.S .. OH BTW ..TEXASENERGY .. WHY NOT NAME IT ENERGIZED SPEEDWAY ...FOR I FEEL THE POWER SURGE ALL THE WAY IN CC ... :D

Is Greg D still banned? LOL Sorry couldn't resist.

Shelma called to ask me if I could respond to your question. She informed me that NO ONE is banned at this point.

Nick

That is great news. I'm not a dirt tracker, but I know Shelma and Rick will be top notch. I may just have to go back out there and see if my 2nd time out will be better than my 1st.

Is it Friday yet?

It will be better then the first time... LOL... too funny.... see everyone friday..

Shelma

gues i better call and ask if i still have a job up there

I hope you still have a job. I thought it was awesome the way you used your pick-up to get cars off the track. You went up and down that flagstand so many times, I was impressed. That appeared to be dedication.

Archived