The scope after 20 minutes of bla bla bla

Bottom line, one week Bennie quit, owner is broke with no money nor any ideas to present to the dozen or so people that wasted their money driving there. Track is as dead as dead can be. I wish it wasnt the case but thats the deal. We didnt stay very long something about fixing a broken water truck and an announcers broken wire seemed to be a high priority for the first 20 minutes. Yes, even after she told everyone she was broke and had no money it was still a hot topic. A Charlie Brown conversation made faster progress, bla bla bla. It was obvious to everyone the current female owner has been scorn to the point of not giving a damn one way or the other. For the life of me I dont know why a drivers meeting was even held. The current scorn track owner repeatedly said what she wasnt going to do and how bad things were. Plus to top it off her attitude sucked for someone who was asking others to step up! Thats when we decided that the priority list of this track was upside down and it had no future. Unless progress picked up awhole lot after we threw in the towl then I dont expect any success whatsoever unless a new owner steps in. South Texas here we come....

Bottom line, one week Bennie quit,

C 1 GOOD THING CAME OF IT NOW WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO FIX THAT WATER TRUCK IVE GOT SOME BIG BLOCK PARTS AND I THINK 1 WEEKEND WE CAN HAMMER THAT THING BACK INTO SHAPE YES I DO THINK A LITTLE WATER DOES GOOD HOW ABOUT LETTING MR PERRY USE IT ONCE FIXED IF I AM ALLOWED TO HELP FIX IT I WOULD ALLOW IT OUT FOR SUPPERVIZED VISITS COME ON U GUYS NEED TO PULL IT TOGETHER GREG D

I have talked to a gentelmen recently who has been involved with racing out there for a while, and he was very serious about taking over the track. Not sure if he has had 2nd thoughts after some of these recent problems, but their still might be hope in the near future, hopefully.

I have talked to a gentelmen recently who has been involved with racing out there for a while, and he was very serious about taking over the track. Not sure if he has had 2nd thoughts after some of these recent problems, but their still might be hope in the near future, hopefully.

Brad

Trying to get ahold of the right person to talk to..

Shelma

We were not at the meeting, however, I know that several offers were made to help fix the water truck. It seems to me that there are a lot of people willing to help make a go of this track. ONE PROBLEM, though, who is going to step up and make some decisions? We were told that management/owner couldn't make any concrete decisions about any part of the meeting. Without someone to take over and run with what needs to be done, how can we expect anything to happen? :huh:

There is a dozen different ways to save the track. There is no reason for this track to have finance problems and not be able the support itself. There is alot of bad business decisions going on and have been from what I have seen and heard. The real problem is they dont care, PERIOD! They said that several times to everyone. So with them not caring what the hell would inspire someone to put a plan together to bring the neccessary money and personel to keep it open for another couple weeks. As a matter of fact I am pretty sure even if it does open this year we have pretty much decided to travel due to their attitudes about the whole issue.

First Wichita Falls, now I-37...........bad things always happen in threes........what track is next????

I know serious efforts were made prior to this to PURCHASE the track from current ownership, but those plans fell through for a variety of reasons. I don't know both sides of the story so I won't point fingers. Sad, sad, sad.

Oh well, in the words of Freddie Mercury/Queen......."Another one bites the dust!" :(

Guys from SA--south, you have the option of running at Owen's track in Corpus.

Guys from SA--north can go run at Pat's track in Killeen.

Both have well run programs, good promoters who care a lot about racing/racers. I visit both places and can vouch for them. Bring your A-game though, as competition is tough at either place.

Guys from SA--east can go to Texana. I have not gotten over that way, but I hear they now have an ambulance at the track, with personel too.

Guys from SA--west have Hill Country Raceway.

97car you hit the nail on the head! If they are unable to run the place they don't want anyone else to be successful eather. If they were smart they would sell the place to someone that really wants to run it, before they loose it all togather. That would not do anybody any good. That seems to be the mentality around here.

We all live in RACER HELL! Maybe if we pray to the Race Gods.... :blink: It might work!!!

Does Nell want it to stay open? If she does not want to do it herself, then she'll take the offer to buy and get the "____ out, while the getting is good". The driver's might have to suck up and take some cuts in payout til the new owner can get the thing started. I-37 has the driver's but the fans just aren't there like at STS in Corpus Christi. Cost to run this track are higher because of the lack of equipment and facilities (Sid A Cans) which are not cheap.....

Are the driver's willing to do what it takes to keep it open if it is sold...... ;)

Think about it, everyone want to run, but do they want to help

Their are a few people that have expressed intrest in buying the track and have the means to do it right. We can only hope the current owners see fit to sell. If not, we will be seeing post in the history forum looking at ariel photos of what used to be a track. What a shame!

I think Danielsen Motorsports spoke it every well on his post about the feelings and attitude of the owners. Not that we are trying to bash anyone but we have seen the attitude first hand and you can't run a business of any kind that way much less a sport where people are forking out alot of their own money on cars/pit passes/spectator passes/concession/racing fuel/parts not to mention gas to get to the track. Everyone has stated that they are willing to support the track if it is managed correctly. I know there were some issues at the beginning of the year but I think that alot of things were headed in the right direction, but that was because there were people involved who really cared about what was happening at the track and wanted to see it flourish. Unfortunately that all got pushed aside because the old current owners didn't want anything in place that was there. It's amazing that there wasn't a whole lot of complaining about the way things were running except that the show would run a little late but other then that people seemed to be pretty happy with things. Maybe the current owners should look at some of the things and ask for help instead of avoiding answering any questions that have been thrown out here and people would be willing to help. We all want a good place to run but don't want to feel that the owners are going to be nasty towards everyone because they have an opinion.

Racers are all a family and I think there are enough of us out here that are willing to pull together as family and make the track work. Just need the right owners/managment/promoters that really want to have a great place to be proud of. Maybe they should consider selling to someone who is interested in the track and sport and would be able make it flourish. Give it to someone who really cares about the track/drivers and the fans.

Just my opinion

I don't know what is going to happen to I-37 but I wish it could all work out! I sure do miss spending time with the new friends I have made and my family out there.....even my 7 yr. old daughter is upset that we can't go watch "hunsband" race!

Have a good weekend everyone!!!!!

yeah really...i just met all these people out here, im sure some of the racers would be willing to take cuts for a few weeks if it keeps the track running and payouts return to the same after that few week period

SAN ANTONIO is going to be the known as the place that you cannot go fast and turn LEFT. I sure hope that all the problems can be fixed (if they really wanted it fixed them) I am a SAS RR REFUGEE my plans are to play in the dirt in the middle of JULY( 81 WOOKIE)

First Wichita Falls, now I-37...........bad things always happen in threes........what track is next????

what about san antonio earlier this year I think that started the threesome!! :(

Here is an example to save the track. Everyone and then some has to do their part and suck it up!

Close the track and start preparation say in 3 weeks time the track will be race ready for a track benefit race!

Give drivers a chance to get ready for this one race in particular. Have all drivers give $100 at the gate and that is their entry fee for the night. Regular prices everywhere else, pits and general. Have all employees volunteer if they are not already volunteering. Here is the catch. NOBODY gets paid for the night. Thats sounds stupid at first but think about it. On average it may costs around $175 to $200 for the average team to race that night with all expenses. I know the traveling drivers it will be more but hear me out. If 100 or more cars show up to save the track for going belly up then that is $10,000 just in entry fees. Not counting pit passes for the crews, general admission nor concessions. The track should be able to bank roll well over $15,000 total. This money would easily allow the track to stay open the rest of the year and then some with some minor changes. The minor changes would be start paying the classes based on car count. Paying a full purse with 5 mods last week was rediculous! Nice but very dumb business decision! Reason why you do this is so the track can limit its bad weeks that maybe around the corner due to threatening weather or something else. Have teams bring giveaways to pass out during intermission and I mean good giveaways too! A reason to have the grand stands packed! Which by the way a packed grandstands means even more the $15,000 income. Better Yet! Find sponsors for trophies for the night and I mean top 5 in each class. No cost to the track. I would be happy to sponsor the street stock top 5 cars trophies. There are alot of companies that provide a service that cant turn a profit however they stay in business because it is managed. T.V. stations, cable companies do this all the time so you can see your favorite shows. I am not saying have a telethon but this benifit race is basically the same thing! If the track sees the next week without the owner taking the money and running then charge an extra $5 to each driver to help pay for a dependable water truck each week until you have one ready. The bottom line if a driver that wants I37 to survive then you have no bitch at all putting up the little amount of money to pull this off. I would be happy to be first in line with my $100 to donate. I am pissed off at that chicken _____ drivers meeting. Not that it wasted our time but the owners had no plans to present to us, nothing. Well here is the best option so far. Put your name on it and lets get it done. Of course to do this you must have the guts to try and take the first step this means you TRACK OWNER. DO YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO SUCCEED AND MAKE THIS WORK. I dont want to hear any BS excuses just get it done for everyone and all of you drivers need to again belly up, suck it up, what ever you want to call it but put forth a big effort not just simply bringing your car. Bring everyone. Maybe this needs to be done each year just to keep it open I dont know but somebody show some guts dont just role over with your legs in the air! Good Luck I am ready to race damnit!

D.M.,

very good idea's , here's the but......... you have to have people (owners/promoters) that are willing to put in the time/labor to make those things happen and from what i've been told cause i was'nt gonna drive 100 miles to hear nonsense is that they really don't have the "WANT" to make it happen . let me ask a question has the logistics of this track cost it some sponsor's/ fans?? they've had very good car counts at times and then sometimes near none. so unless someone step's up and buy's the place we can probably stick a fork in it! only time will tell, in the meantime we have a very nice facility here in corpus so you guys load up and head south for some racing action any one that wants to race i'm sure owen will accomadate wether it be pures,s.s.,mods whatever. just give the guy a call his number is all over this site

That sounds good on paper and all but you show me 15-25 bomer/pure stocks/road runners ect... that can afford to fork out $100+. Chances are that's going to be a majority of your car count and usually that's why they are running that class. Plus, like previously stated, you have to have owner's that wanna make this work. The current owner has a piss poor outlook on life in general much less than for racing. You go to any successful track in the country and the owner's and promoter's alike have a passion for the sport of racing. You also don't see any of them asking their driver's to fork out a couple hundred of dollars to keep their track open.

I have to say it's not a bad idea by any stretch of the imagination, probably the best outside of someone just buying the place outright. But realistically if I were a driver, which OBV, thanks Greg, I'm not, I wouldn't do it.

Archived