Racing Promotion Ideas

MCreacy

also get autozone / o'riely teams to get it all started

i suppose i need to get with don and mcreacy .and see what we can come up with ..but i dont see to many others getting on board here ..are we the only ones crazy enough to believe it may work ..come on guys and girls ..jump on board with your own ideals ..may souNd crazy .but hey racers are crazy anyway so you should feel right at home ..i know you want to keep racen and maybe get some better purses which arent to bad as it is with all things considerd with the fan counts.. evErything that can be done to improve fan count is a plus for your future in racen aND OTHERS DOWN THE ROAD ..YOU SPONSOR THE TRACK AND HELP IT GROW AND THE TRACK WILL STAY OPEN AND IN RETURN TO HELP YOU OUT ALSO ..... WITH ALL THE ADVERTISEMENT THAT TRACKS SPEND MONEY ON OVER THE YEARS .IT HAS NOT HELPED ENOUGH AND WE SIT HERE AND WONDER WHY THEY DONT SPEND MORE . IF IT DOESNT HELP TO SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY THEN WHY ..I SAY WE THE TEAMS DRIVERS KEEP SHOWING UP AT CAR SHOWS DO SPECAIL EVENTS .GET THE WORD OUT OUR SELFS .GET THE FANS OUT GET THE CAR COUNTS UP .PUT ON A BETTER SHOW .AND LET THE TRACK TAKE THE MONEY THEY WAIST ON TV RADIO AND SUCH AND PUT IT IN OUR POCKETS AND IT CAN BE A WIN WIN SITUATION FOR ALL ... WILL IT WORK ..NOPE IF WE DONT TRY ..

HAS ANY ONE FIGURED OUT WHAT THE COST TO BUILD ONE IS ..AND SEE IF A SPONSOR WILL COME ON BOARD TO DONATE THE WHEELS AND SUCH ...

:) I built 3 of these cars and cost was 15.00 for 4 wheels (3 X 15 = $45.00) at Harbor Freight - 4 two x fours total at a cost of 9.00 - About 8.00 for hardware and I used scrape plywood for the seat I already had. That makes the cost for three about 21.00 each. :)

HECK ILL DONATE 21 DALLORS .WHO DO I MAKE THE CHECK OUT TO ..LOL ..CHEAP RACEN .CAN WE BUILD LARGER CARS FOR IM ALITTLE OVERSIZED ...EVERY ONE PITCH IN ONE DAYS BEER MONEY AND GIVE THE LITTLE ONE.S A CHANCE TO RACE AND MAKE A NEW FRIEND FOR LIFE .

Hey Mike, maybe it's time to take out the old Bull Taco LMFAO.

DUDE YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO REMEMBER THINGS I SAY STORYS I TELL .. FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW .A BULLTACO IS A DIRT BIKE ..YEP YOUR DAD WAS RIGHT YOU WOULD DROWN IN A CUP OF WATER .. :lol:

have not heard from don but if it's ok I would print out and go pass out any info about the track that they have also if there are any flyers or posters i can go all over trying to get the word out and fill the stands.

Now as far as car why not take your car early on sat and stop at a few places and answer some questions and invite some people that have not been to go it might take a few hours of your time but to fill the stands it would be worth it

You need to promote what you have 1st. It also wont happen in just a few weeks or 1 yr. You need to have a 3yr plan. Have a 3 yr rule book. 3yr payout scale going up a little per year , $10 to $50 a yr. Make it more affordable for peaple to get into racing. Some class that you shouldnt have to spend but $800 to $1000 to begin racing. Up here that is FWD, at most of the tracks there is a buy rule of $800 to $1000. Cheaters wont sell and get no money and no points for the night if they refuse to sell the 2nd time there done for the year. Here is the key , the track has to pay out less than what they take in. Yes less. Pay $100 to $150 to win for the fwd. Top 5 get paid from $150 to $35 and then 6th on down get tow money that matches there pit pass. $20 or $25. 16 valves have to weigh 2600 lbs or more and 12 valve weigh 2200lbs or more 8 valve weigh 2000lbs or more. No turbos. Give the rules for the class this season to start next season with a decent field of cars. You wont get many cars with only 1 or 2 months notice. Need 6 months notice of a new class.

Comercials with video footage. Carnage and side by side action.

You must have a bad guy and good guy. Fans love to see the bad guy do bad things and the good guy get the better of the bad guy. Look at Wrestlin , good vs evil and fans love it. Pay someone to be the bad guy if you dont have 1.

Kids club , get the kids involved there our future. Charge $10 to join the Kids Club, they get a youth shirt and pencils , Racecar coloring book , ruler , put track name on items. This is where the drivers must step up , get trading cards , give them away in the kids club. Drivers Buy something to give away every week as a give away to the kids club. (bike-boy & girl bikes , slip and slide , hulla hoop , jump ropes , hotwheel track) makes sure there are 2 winners ever night 1 boy and 1 girl per night.

Bike Races with trophys and cash prizes

Box Races - Kids paint a box of there favorite driver and have a footrace while wearing there box , again Trophys and cash prizes ($5 to $10)for best looking and winners in age groups.

Drivers can walk threw the stands with there drivers suits on giving away blow pops , freeze pops , trading cards , candy to the kids. They will love it and will drag there parents back every week.

Kids Coin and Candy Toss , get 2 or 3 buckets of candy , put 1 roll of quarters into each bucket of candy.

Seperate the kids by age , 1 to 5 , 6 to 9 and 10 & up , toss out the candy. Be sure to hand out bags to the kids to put the candy in. Its like halloween ever saturday night and kids love candy.

The track and Drivers must do this together so they both can be succesful in racing. You need to make the fans feel like there part of the action

the's are things I see that work up here and thought I would share.

Thought I would add this as a event someone could put together for your track.

Ok, racers and fans! One month away! Come over to the Lowe's on North Peters Rd in Knoxville on June 28th at 6:30pm with the kids, help them build their own little wooden racecar, and visit with some of your favorite racers and their cars! We plan on having a lot of giveaways again, and lots of fun for the kids and parents! Please e-mail if you'd like to participate or if you have any questions! I would like to get a running list of drivers who want to be there, so, drivers, PLEASE contact me if you want to join in.

So far, confirmed, for the Lowe's race night.......

Donnie Benson

David Benson

Mike Weeks

Mark Hankins(the nav)

Wes Johnson

Brandon Lyons

Matt Henderson

Nick Nelson

Travis Reno

Jordon Welch

Tony Baker Jr.

Greg Humphrey

Talked to tonight, and said they would try.........

Brian Owenby

Brian Courtney

Jackie Courtney

Freddie Romines

Raymond Asbury

Would anyone else like to be added to the list?

Please, guys, remember, this is all about the kids, you know, your

littlest fans! I heard from lots of parents from last years' race night,

that the kids just talked and talked about meeting the drivers

and getting to sit inside a REAL race car!

Honestly, the kids really don't care whether the car looks like new,

or beat all to heck, they really just think it's cool to get to actually

see one in person and meet the cool drivers! So, what do ya say, guys?

Can I get a few more of you to add on to my list? Remember, it's Thursday,

June 28th anywhere from 5:30-6:30pm(I want to start at 6:30, but I

know everyone works).

DAM ITS JUST A MEMORY THING NOT OLD... IM READING THIS AND THINKING THERE WAS ONLY 3 TRUCKS BUILT UNTIL FLAGMAN REMINDED ME I BUILT ONE ,,,, IMAGNE THAT AND IM NOT THAT OLD TO FORGET THAT STUFF... THE 3 WAS FROM ALICE I THINK AND CERES OWNED IT...

Yep it was from Cere's Miguel's son drove it...

I don't no crap about running a track, or racing one for that matter. But I think any prospective, unsuspecting gearhead would have a great time spectating or POSSIBLY racing any track. Lets try and offer free admission to any Tuner Cars or motorcyclists(with there vehicle attendance) with a chance of pace lapping the features or possibly hotlapping there cruise during intermission(with a warranted waiver of course). You never know,they might build a car or buy one to see what the fuss is all about.I don't own either, but my old,sold street rod got me back to spending money at the race track. FRED ARREDONDO

As a fan of racing for over 30 years and experience in promoting bands in Southern California, I think everyone is on the right track to increasing the car count and getting more fans in the stands. Here are some of my suggestions and additions to some of the other suggestions as a fan and not a racer.

1. Website – Revamp the website to incorporate the characters on the cars. Complete the drivers page with photo and base information on each driver. Spotlight a driver on the main page with pictures and interviews either weekly, monthly, or bi-monthly. Put a race recap on the site (other than the message boards).

2. Create a kids club – Push carts are great, make it a division and add other divisions (go-carts, 4 cyl cars, etc.). STS has the slot car racing and it is pure magic with the kids (my 11 year old waited all night to try it). Charge a club member ship and in return give the kids a t-shirt, hat, race license (for their race class/experience). Get the family involved in it. Conduct a weekly racing practice/training and have a driver donate his/her time to come out and coach and give suggestions.

3. Sponsored weeks – Invite prospective sponsors out and make it their weekend. They will have their own giveaways and if their impressed with it, they might even purchase sponsorship with the track and/or drivers. Get car dealers to come down with a few vehicles to show off. Invite the local car and bike clubs to use the track to show off their toys.

4. Military night - Being recently retired from the military (Thank you for the discounts every week!), there is multiple Navy bases in the area with many single sailors that have nothing to do but get into trouble. Contact the base MWR program and have them get involved, they will spend the money for fliers and ads to post around base and even give the sailors a ride to the track.

These are just a few ideas, the biggest thing is to make the Saturday night race an experience for the whole family and make it bigger than what it really is. In music, people only want to watch bands that that they already know and have heard of and would rather listen to a cover band than an original band that is unknown and the same goes for racing. If you can create a big show (not forgetting that the racing is the center piece), it will draw the fans.

I think a simple start would be to add the Quads and karts right now.All is needed is to make a track in the infield.The quad guys would even design their own track and the karts only need a little oval behind the front straight.Just contact the bike dealers and they will know the people.

On the music thing the next best thing to a known band is a band that can perform known music.Lots of us dont know the banbs but know the songs.

Remember the karters and quad riders buy pit passes too.And CC Speedway can make time for them.

And I still think character cars can make a show.The time is now!!!!!!!!!

THE ONLY THING ABOULT CHARACTER CARS IS YOU HAVE TO WATCH OUT FOR COPYRIGHT LAWS ..BUT I LIKE YOUR IDEAL ..KYLE HAS A QUAD TRACK DONT KNOW IF THAT HAS HELPED ..GB CC USE TO HAVE MOTORCYCLE TRACK AND THAT WAS A BIG DRAW ..FRANK HOCH WAS REALLY UPSET WITH SOEMONE WHO RENTED THE TRACK TORE THAT TRACK DOWN ..HE ALWAYS SAID THEY DONT WATCH THE CAR RACES BUT THEY HELP TO MAKE THE TRACK MONEY AND KEEP IT OPEND ..THE MUD DRAGS HELPED ALOT ALSO ..

OT nobody sues a person with no money and that is most of us.The character cars give an oppourtunity to add storylines to the race program.Doesnt seem like anyone is intrested anyway.All I see is death in the eyes of most competetors.Too bad,with the way many tracks take advantage od their racers with high pit passes and low purses CC is the last track who considers the tough road a racer follows..

This leads me bact to the quad and kart deal.15 karts and 15 quads equals 30 pit passes sold plus crew and family members.I sure think that will be easier to acomplish than trying to get 30 new car teams.Remember CC Speedway was origanally built for midgets,not full sized cars.And I know these racers,karts and quads would love the oppourtunity we car racers take for granted.And they dont have to be all out race vehicles,Wallmart karts and push quads can be racers too.I dont see the dirt track going after them.Just contact frontstraight from RGS for details how easy it is to include them.Heck,Ill bring my Biou 220 and race it too.The whole thing seems so simple to me.Expansion,not division is what will save the Sat nite racing program across the country.But I dont own a track so I cant do anything about it.

But I dont own a track so I cant do anything about it.

I can fix you right up! You can start next weekend just bring your checkbook this saturday ;)

Don,

I'm bringing my checkbook. You can have the whole thing! Just get the balance up to zero, OK? When do I pick up the deed?

Oh, and if the bank goon comes looking for ya.. just don't answer the door.. that's what I do.. LOL

Nick

gbi think your ideal is a good one on spiffen up your cars to look like something .different .. so whats your car going to look like ..bugs bunny maybe ..go for it ..some will follow ..and who knows maybe one of our cars will look like MR. ED ....I AGREE WE NEED TO MOVE IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION ...... DON YOU CAN HAVE MY CHECK BOOK ALSO .YOULL NEVER GET IT TO BALANCE THOW ..

Archived