Greg

Meester Dennis

I personally have worked tracks and know it takes alot of equipment, people, time, water and most of all money! If you are missing any one of these you are screwed, bottom line! Because this track is in south texas with the heat and wind your efforts will have to be doubled during the summer to stay on top of it. Unfortunately this is the nature of the beast. Everyone is searching if not praying for a good well run race track somewhere half way close to call home. I 37 seems to be so close yet so far away. The potential is there espicially now that San Antonio closed but believe me when I say you will see plenty of fans and cars drive right bye to go to other tracks if you cant get a grip on it. Lastly one big piece of advice, dont where your feelings on your shirt sleeve. As long as you are doing your job they will always come back!

Good Luck

Maybe an extra $5 for every car can help pay for the $500 water truck until its resolved. Good Luck!

D M,

Well put...

Greg, sorry you were put in that position. My understanding is that the track was pretty bad.

If someone from the track will PM me, I may have an answer for the Water truck issue. I will call a buddy who runs a huge construction company here in S.A. to see if they are working any projects close to Pleasanton. If they are I can tell you that you may have a truck for the night of the races. It might involve a few pit passes...

Heck call me tomorrow@ 210-216-6275

Just let me know your from the track...

Mark

Being the wife of a racer and having a family (small children), safety is an issue. We all know it is a fairly safe sport and we know that sometimes bad things can happen. Track conditions can be a major issue; it can make a race or break a car.

Not to put aside the many points made amongst all of the previous posts, but generally speaking, it really seems like that the bickering about the track needs to be put aside. All of the posts make it look like that nobody is ever happy--when the track is open or closed. I am all for the management stepping up to take responsibility for track preperation, but give it some time. How many posts were made begging for the track to run, flooded or not? If things don't change, then the drivers can make the choice to haul or not. Is all of this worth giving the track a bad name so that the drivers, crews and fans pass it by for another one, once again, closing it down? :unsure:

LIKE SPICKOLY (MISSPELLED) USE TO SAY NO SHIRT, NO SHOES , NO DICE!!!!!!LOL ANYWAYS LIKE MY POST IN THE OTHER BOARD SAYS IT STILL SUCKS...... THE WAY I SEE IT IS THAT RACERS ARE PAYING FOR A SERVICE (USE OF THE TRACK) AND IF THERE NOT GETTING WHAT THEY PAID FOR THEN IT IS LEGITAMETE TO ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK... IT AINT LIKE THEY RACED THEN ASKED FOR MONEY BACK... ;)

JENAL/ where did i post that if people asked around you are not liked?you stated we are not in high schooll anymore.you are correct,we are not.so show me and all where i posted it.if not ,get off the drama queen b,s..your kinda like txenergy,bash and create and stir the pot,but dont have a clue.was some of your advice what caused CHICO to belly up?poor advice from someone that had no clue!you were quick to hollar(DONT COME BACK) as GREG was leaving,are you in a possition to make those kind of calls?i would not hollar those comments to to many more.there wont be any left.....frank t

Frank

You are comparing me to a person I don't know, and you don't even know me.. I don't bash, nor stir a pot... I think you have stirred a pot or two yourself from the emails and pm's I'm getting.... You have bashed me on here for no good reason... I don't know who you are talking about in the above statement the advice thing or not a having a clue. But, I don't know Chico. You are very fast in putting in your two cents on people that you don't know and critizing good things people do and say. When those people are helping and sponsoring your fellow racers and tracks. That does not make you look good. I get Pm's and emails when people have seen you post things to me. You have some broken bridges out there yourself. I think if you have anything to say to me, meet me first then make a decision. You talk about me like you know me... You don't...If I have offended anyone by this post , I apologize now, but Frank has been on my $SS saying negative stuff, since I begun on this forum...And I think enough is enough..he can try to belittle someone else, cause its not working on me.....If you don't have anything good to type, say or be positive , then don't get on here.... The racing community doesn't need it, there are to many things happening with racing these days, tracks closing , purses going down..race car drivers putting their vehicles up for sale. and you want to critize me for sponsoring and supporting races,, Your words are just that,, WORDS,,,, Frank,, find some happiness.......

Have a Great Day...

Shelma

first your personal p.m. now this. goodness what a difference.i am going to the meeting tomarrow at i37.want to meet me face to face for a one on one personal meeting first ?of coarse your better half with you as i will have my two sons with me for the meeting.call for a time or personal p.m. if you would like.i would like before the i37 meeting.......frank t

first your personal p.m. now this. goodness what a difference.i am going to the meeting tomarrow at i37.want to meet me face to face for a one on one personal meeting first ?of coarse your better half with you as i will have my two sons with me for the meeting.call for a time or personal p.m. if you would like.i would like before the i37 meeting.......frank t

Frank,

You act like this is some sorta stand off.... geesh.... ( bring my better half and your sons will be there ).... Na Frank,, there's no reason for me to come meet you.... If you would have wanted to meet like business people meet,, than I would have....After all your negative pm's ... and postings... Na,, I pass....

Shelma

my boys go with me to all track stuff.ages 16 and 18....they both race at the track.my oldest ,age 28 cant go due to work.are you not always with your better half at funtions? busines thought of mind is what i was thinking! but since you dont know me you made it out to be a standoff,HOW STUPIED....shows you dont know me at all.kind of like many of your post on the subject of local flavor.i have Bashed many of your post,mostly txenergyman,for what seems to be leading on at a time when racers are down locally.Nick knew how i felt about your postings.LOTS OF TYPE,...not much to see.when and if ever i see.i will give you the credit for doing it.so who made it a STANDOFF?only you and a shallow mind......racing to me is a family thing.its also an over 35 years locally done thing.frank t

my boys go with me to all track stuff.ages 16 and 18....they both race at the track.my oldest ,age 28 cant go due to work.are you not always with your better half at funtions? busines thought of mind is what i was thinking! but since you dont know me you made it out to be a standoff,HOW STUPIED....shows you dont know me at all.kind of like many of your post on the subject of local flavor.i have Bashed many of your post,mostly txenergyman,for what seems to be leading on at a time when racers are down locally.Nick knew how i felt about your postings.LOTS OF TYPE,...not much to see.when and if ever i see.i will give you the credit for doing it.so who made it a STANDOFF?only you and a shallow mind......racing to me is a family thing.its also an over 35 years locally done thing.frank t

He doesn't go to alot of meetings with me.... Sorry for me misunderstanding.

:P Im sure it will, you will be back, but bennie gone frank will be gone also, lol,lol, sorry frank couldnt resist, if all are smart everyone will be welcome back for the sport as well as the fans, hell there are dinsmoore fans as well as torres fans, not sure about thorman fans, maybe the lone wolf,lol,lol :rolleyes:

Archived