19. Cruz Pedregon, 29

20. Mike Wallace, 24

21. Bobby Labonte, 17 (Accident)

22. Tony Stewart, 17 (Accident)

23. Ray Evernham, 5 (Spin)

24. Ron Capps, 2 (Mechanical)

Elliot Sadler, DNS

Bill Elliot, DNS

I love the dirt late models. Had rather watch them than Nascar, modifieds or anything. It would be nice if someone had the money to get a late model series together for down here in south Texas. Kinda like Mooney Starr's MARS series out of Batesville Ar. Then if you could get the tracks down here to run them, and have a point fund and everything. You've got Texana, Corpus, Rio Grande, Pleasanton. Even as far over as Houston. And if its too expensive to race the cars like Moyer or Bloomquist and them, have the crate late model class. A full blown late model with the crate engines. I know its still expensive, but 2 or 3 good sponsors, and it could happen.

racing75,

I had Doug Rollo, from All American Motorsports, and he is one of the announcers at TMS, on the second "Dirt Track Insider" show. We talked about the I. M. C. A. Crate Late Models coming to Texas next year. Only one track is signed up for now, but it is a start. Go to kmacsports.com and then the DTI link and listen to the second show in the archives.

Also, there is the SUPR (Southern United Professional Racing) Late Mode series that is the headline show at TMS's Pro Cut Nationals in Feb. They also race at other tracks in Texas. http://suprracing.com/ for more information.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Host of the K-MAC Sports Show, Dirt Track Insider (DTI)

I know what Nascar should do with those two road course races.Replace them with Eldora and Knoxville and witness the best racing all year in Nascar.Let them build the Late Models and get back to their roots.I know Carl Edwards and a whole lot of other drivers would welcome the change.That was some awesome racing to watch.

I know what Nascar should do with those two road course races.Replace them with Eldora and Knoxville and witness the best racing all year in Nascar.Let them build the Late Models and get back to their roots.I know Carl Edwards and a whole lot of other drivers would welcome the change.That was some awesome racing to watch.

I agree Fullview. I went to Bristol in 2000 & 2001 when they put dirt on Bristol Motor Speedway and ran what was then the Hav-a-Tampa late models. It was awesome. Ran faster lap times than the Cup cars. Nascar ahould race 2 or 3 dirt tracks a year. ARCA does.

red farmer 17th!!!!!!!! that ol' man still kicks serious a%$.

I watched it on you tube today...that was awesome. Those guys were putting on a show.

brad where did you find it on you tube? the only video on it that i found was added it december 2006. :huh:

ok I see the link frm the other thread say that HBO claimed copy rights. :angry: Makes a ton of sense now that the race is over and HBO most likely will not show it again. :angry::angry:

Archived