rain out?

seeya

:lol: Yes Chico did a real good job even though this is my first year racing and being at this track. but does any one know if we have races tonight??????? and if not y?

I THINK AS THEY SAID I BELIEVE THEY GOT AROUND 3 INCHES OF RAIN AND MORE COMING PROBABLY WOULD BE GREAT MUDN THOUGH I WONDER IF THE WATER TRUCK HAS 4 WHEEL DRIVE ILL FIND OUT WILL SEND PICS LATER HEE HEEE OH YEH RACES ARE CANCELED CANT U TELL WITH THE BULL SHIAT ON THE SCREEN SEE YA NXT FRIDAY AND YES CASSI U R RRRRIGHT

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMAO @ Greg. :lol:

Not sure, depends if HOT can get the Sunday show in. Maybe Abilene on Saturday if they aren't flooded, too. Then there's a special race Sunday in Tyler @ Texas Dirt Motorplex.....but that about 8 hours from here. :( Haven't heard if Devils Bowl, Cowtown, or KSP are rained out either. I've got a post on elbowsup now, ricerocket said Paris is still racing as of right now(Fri. @ 4:10pm)

What's the matter flagman, were you feeling left out???? :lol:

can i gather that at some point in the past this track missed a race date because either

a. a water truck leaked and made a mudhole

or

b. the track said the water truck leaked and made a mudhole?

i'm just trying to follow along and am a little lost. Rumors, water trucks, yada-yada, all because someone wanted to cancel dirt track races because of torrential rains. don't get it.

It's a shame we have to spend our weekend talking about why we aren't racing instead of what happened at the races. I for one, not being a racer, really get tired of hearing about rumors and what nots. I'd much rather talk about what ACTUALLY happened AT the races. I think that Chico and the Tri-City crew have done a pretty good job for newbies at the ownership side of things. Of course things could go faster or be done better but this is all part of the growing pains of taking over a track. I'm sure Chico wastes half of his time trying to figure out how to make things better for the fans and the racers. It's just one of those deals where time will tell.

Prolly going to get blasted for my statements but it's all good. Just remember, I'm just a photographer.

Greg,

It will... I talked to a friend this week who had gone to watch Us at SAS, she wanted to come she Us run dirt and had talked her teenage daughter into coming also... It will work out!

As long as there is a track near S.A. I'm going to promote it...

Time to catch up on concerts... Tracy Lawerence @ Cowboys, Fowler and the Texas boys in Bandera, Cross Canadian Ragweed @ the Amphatheater in Gruene and Music Festival in Kerrville....

Everyone have a great weekend...

Let's use some hindsight shall we :) Good call on calling off the show ahead of time. Someone watches the radar :lol: The situation could easily haved ended up a darned if ya do darned if ya don't situation which has been stated before here on txsz. Scenerio A: races are called off and it doesn't rain <bam> B: Races aren't called and everyone gets mad for traveling to the track only to get rained out. So, good call! Hopefully we'll see everyone out there soon

Jr

Jay,

Heavy tracks aren't what killed the OLD backup motor. It broke a valve off at the stem and ate it to pieces. The only thing left is one head, 6 rods and the crankshaft. Poor old thing had four seasons on it. See ya a track somewhere soon. Come on down to STS Saturday. I still have a DP to get rid of.

Archived