BOMBER DRIVER AT EDNA THATS WAS HURT

car21

lol....I dont ever remember hearing anyone promise it would take 2 min. But if you really care...Danny is fine, they just sent for the ambulance as a precaution...and the emt was on the scene in 2 min. (the same as any track ambulance) I understand some people just believe that having an ambulance on site is the safest way....and you guys feel safe with those on site ambulances that cant even treat a minor burn (been there) or even leave the track. Would you feel better if Edna bought an old ambulace and left it at the track? Why stop there...maybe they should build an infield care center and have a helicopter on standby... If you want to nitpick, no track is doing all they can...but considering the local situation with a hospital close and very few "extra" ambulances. I think they are doing a good job. Now I wonder if you "nitpick" your cars safety as much as you do theirs, cause I dont see very many drivers out there with lajoie seats and hans devices and on board fire supression systems. I would have to bet that you are doing the best you can with what you have.......as Edna is.... AJ

damn aj sounds like you have all the answers so why dont you approach them and help them get all of the stuff you mentioned and i know for a fact that you have no room to talk about safety equipment in cars i have seen yours kind of a LOOK WHOS CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK situation for some reason you have to belittle any and everything someone else does and it doesnt really matter cause if you can be happy with your stuff let them be happy with theirs

and i guess it is good to here danny is ok

lol stan...That higher education is helping you now... I said that the track is doing there best...as the drivers...didnt belittle anyone... but you do have a point...I did drive a car built by you...lol But if you re read my post i am sure you will see that I said we all make do with what we have..or can afford...never said anything about I had the best or safest car, or that I had all the solutions. All I did say is that just because a track has an ambulance on site its not safer. Of course I realize that you are just bored and trying to start crap...but if anyone else really took my post as trying to belittle anyone...its not...I am just trying to give my opinion on this issue...

Are we going to have to put a monitor in the sandbox for you two to play nice? LMAO :lol:

I will somewhat have to agree with track safety though. There are things I believe that an EMT can NOT do that a paramedic can in terms of aiding someone injured. I'm sure I'll get corrected if that info is incorrect! LOL :D:D;)

i'm with AJ , save money ( if insurance will allow) i'll take my chances and wait the extra ten minutes.

I am Paramedic and a driver and i will not take my chances on the extra ten minutes.

You need the medic unit there to be treating you on the way to hospital.Im sure they are doing all they can , but I will not race at a track without an ambulance.They might look into getting a medic unit from a private service in a near by bigger city.They might be expensive but are alot cheaper than lawsuits.

I think everone should give texana a break, bruce and donna has turned that track into a really nice track for the racers and fans .look around our area and see all the local tracks closing there gates to what we all enjoy as a hobby(we know its not for the money) I have seen them and the local drivers welcome anybody that wants to race

Red...did you save the extra cash or opt for the lajoe seat, hans device and fire suppression system. I am sure as a paramedic you understand how that could save you the need to wait at all. BUT... my point is, most the tracks you take for granted as safe are not any better equipped as Edna, I do find it a little odd that its ok for other people to expect the tracks to go above and beyond for safety and then scrimp on there safety equipment. Like I have said before...I too would prefer an ambulance on site....I would also like an infied care center and an airlift on site too. But as crazyhorse and gary have stated, right now tracks everywhere are closing and Having to save money just as racers are.... Edna has supplied a safe alternative to an ambulance...and the insurance has approved it (and I really doubt they are the gambling type) But... like forest said...thats all i have to say about that.....

MY BROTHER GOT HIS BELL RUNG REALLY BAD AT OUR TRACK MANY YEARS AGO ,THEY ASKED HIM IF HE WAS OK .AND HE KINDA SAID YES ,AND LEFT HIM WITH OUT REALLY CHECKING HIM OUT THE EMT THAT IS ... SO THEY LEFT HIM IN THE CAR AND WALKED OFF ..THEY WOULD NOT HAVE EVEN GONE BACK OVER AND CHECKED HIM AGAIN UNTILL MY WIFE MADE THEM GO BACK ..AFTER GETTING HIM OUT OF THE CAR HE FELL ..COME TO FIND OUT HE HAD A VERY VERY SERIOUS CONCUSSION .SO BAD THAT THE DOCTOR TOLD NOT TO EVEN BUMP HIS HEAD OR IT COULD KILL HIM ..AND NOT DRIVE ANYTHING FOR THREE MONTHS ...THE DOCTOR WANTED TO SEE THE VIDEO OF THE WRECK .CUZ HE COULD NOT BELIEVE HE SERVIVED ... IT WAS A GOOD HOUR AFTER THEY FOUND OUT HE WAS NOT IN GOOD SHAPE .THAT THEY WERE ABLE TO GET HIM TO ANOTHER AMBULANCE AND TAKE HIM TO THE HOSPITAL ..THE MORROW OF THIS .THE ON SIGHT AMBULANCE IS A PLUS ..ASLONG AS YOU HAVE POEPLE WHO KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR AND PROPERLY CHECK A PERSON OUT .HE COULD HAVE DIED THAT NIGHT ..THE OTHER PART OF THAT WAS THEY MADE HIM WITH THIER HELP WALK TO THE AMBULANCE ..SO YOU NEED EMT .S THAT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND NOT BE AFRAID TO DO IT .I MYSELF LIKE THEM TO BE ON SIGHT .THATS BETTER THAN NOTHING .. GLAD HE IS OK FROM AN ASPHAULT RACER ..

Red...did you save the extra cash or opt for the lajoe seat, hans device and fire suppression system. I am sure as a paramedic you understand how that could save you the need to wait at all. BUT... my point is, most the tracks you take for granted as safe are not any better equipped as Edna, I do find it a little odd that its ok for other people to expect the tracks to go above and beyond for safety and then scrimp on there safety equipment. Like I have said before...I too would prefer an ambulance on site....I would also like an infied care center and an airlift on site too. But as crazyhorse and gary have stated, right now tracks everywhere are closing and Having to save money just as racers are.... Edna has supplied a safe alternative to an ambulance...and the insurance has approved it (and I really doubt they are the gambling type) But... like forest said...thats all i have to say about that.....

Yes i have a head and neck restraint, no i dont have a fire supressiion system.

If my car catches on fire im getting out as quick as possible.If im unconscious i wont be able to hit the button. I do have fire extinguisher in my car incase some one elses car is on fire.Im not taking anything away from the track. Im just saying if theres a real emergency you need paramedics to work on you in route to hospital.An ambulance is not above and beyond for safety, a care center is. If they cant afford an ambulance thats fine hope everyone that races there enjoys themselves and dosent get hurt.

MY BROTHER GOT HIS BELL RUNG REALLY BAD AT OUR TRACK MANY YEARS AGO ,THEY ASKED HIM IF HE WAS OK .AND HE KINDA SAID YES ,AND LEFT HIM WITH OUT REALLY CHECKING HIM OUT THE EMT THAT IS ... SO THEY LEFT HIM IN THE CAR AND WALKED OFF ..THEY WOULD NOT HAVE EVEN GONE BACK OVER AND CHECKED HIM AGAIN UNTILL MY WIFE MADE THEM GO BACK ..AFTER GETTING HIM OUT OF THE CAR HE FELL ..COME TO FIND OUT HE HAD A VERY VERY SERIOUS CONCUSSION .SO BAD THAT THE DOCTOR TOLD NOT TO EVEN BUMP HIS HEAD OR IT COULD KILL HIM ..AND NOT DRIVE ANYTHING FOR THREE MONTHS ...THE DOCTOR WANTED TO SEE THE VIDEO OF THE WRECK .CUZ HE COULD NOT BELIEVE HE SERVIVED ... IT WAS A GOOD HOUR AFTER THEY FOUND OUT HE WAS NOT IN GOOD SHAPE .THAT THEY WERE ABLE TO GET HIM TO ANOTHER AMBULANCE AND TAKE HIM TO THE HOSPITAL ..THE MORROW OF THIS .THE ON SIGHT AMBULANCE IS A PLUS ..ASLONG AS YOU HAVE POEPLE WHO KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR AND PROPERLY CHECK A PERSON OUT .HE COULD HAVE DIED THAT NIGHT ..THE OTHER PART OF THAT WAS THEY MADE HIM WITH THIER HELP WALK TO THE AMBULANCE ..SO YOU NEED EMT .S THAT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND NOT BE AFRAID TO DO IT .I MYSELF LIKE THEM TO BE ON SIGHT .THATS BETTER THAN NOTHING .. GLAD HE IS OK FROM AN ASPHAULT RACER ..

OldTimer,

That was bad on the EMT part, they should have paid alittle more attention to him... Glad to hear your brother is o.k....A persons life is so important... a helo pad and Doc, RN's, Medics are way needed,, in a emergency you have no time to wait...If your gonna play,,, be prepared for accidents to happen..... ;)

most of the tracks i have been to the ambulance on scene at the track is a private company and is not ensured to transport in an emergency they are a transport/ transfer service that has a medic on board. in ednas case they are in the same boat but the ambulance is a ford super duty ppick up

plus i have never seen ambulance that is at the track leave with the patient they transfer the patient to the unit arriving at the track.

most of the tracks i have been to the ambulance on scene at the track is a private company and is not ensured to transport in an emergency they are a transport/ transfer service that has a medic on board. in ednas case they are in the same boat but the ambulance is a ford super duty ppick up

plus i have never seen ambulance that is at the track leave with the patient they transfer the patient to the unit arriving at the track.

If the ambulance company is not insured, maybe they need to be,, if you wait to long for an ambulance to arrive,, time goes by... and the danger of injury sets in....

another thing is these tracks are paying these "ambulances" to be on the property do you think the promoter wants his ambulance to leave and put the races on hold for a couple hours. from my experiences the local ems will just about allways transport not the one at the track getting paid.

Well the extra safety crew at the track has to be paid for by somebody , are you willing to pay a extra $5 at the pitgate so that service can be provided for you? Ive seen this same argument at TN Tracks , the track brought in the Safety personal ask for ($1200 a week)and raised the pitgate price to pay for this crew , then the drivers pitched a fit about the increase , they say they shouldnt have to pay for it out of there pocket , that the track should do this for them. With all the tracks closing across the US , it seems track are giving out to much and not getting in enough that they have to close there doors. Maybe tracks should be more strict on the drivers and cars safety gear , drivers should have the hauns device , fire supression system , window net , Lajoe racing seat , fuel sell , a nascar aproved rollcage before you can race at there track , how many of you could afford that and race weekly? Now I wonder if in your best interest you should not race at any track before you have provided yourself with the proper racing gear? Or maybe the track closing and built into a sub division would cure all this.

JMO from what I see all over the US at race tracks.

be grateful you have a place to race at all.

im not taking sides in this honestly but you cant say that you have to have an ambulance on premises. thunderhill did have an ambulance for the 2006 season but they did have the fire dept on the property. if the truck at edna that is their "ambulance is equipped with the needed equipment that first responders would carry i dont have a problem with them not having an ambulance on property. if it is not then i do have a problem with it. i was at the gate when ems was called to the track and it did not take more than 5 minutes for the ambulance to arrive to a low priority call.

Actually an ambulance doesn't matter but an EMT would help, carry me in a damn Yugo for all I care. And if a track needs to charge more for safety personell then so be it. I'm not diresting this towrads Texana, this is just a general comment. I have noticed that asphalt tracks allways seem to have a firecrew and an ambulance but some of the dirt tracks don't.

Archived