Leroy Farmer

Chevy2Much

Here is Leroy's racing status as of April 23:

1. He and a partner have purchased an older tube frame chassis.

2. The chassis is currently being modified to Texas Pro Sedans specifications.

3. He will soon retire from driving an 18 wheeler.

4. He and his partner will concentrate on building another Texas Pro Sedan. It will be a Ford, using a 2300cc engine with an OEM head.

5. Leroy expects the car to be completed in time for the last third of the 2008 TPS season.

Yeah, TPS and TSRS. So is he building both? :blink:

Tim

We were parked next to the TSRS car #20 this week and spoke to the owner briefly. A very pleasant person, he said he was mainly a dirt racer. Not speaking for him but, my guess is Leroy is a close friend of his and was just shaking this new car down for him.

Mel

Yes the owner is jonathon seitz he has 2 sprint cars sitting here at my shop and jon just got the 20 car from me he worked for leroy back in the early 80's behind hills and has been a family friend along with leroy since the late 70's jon and leroy had a blast driving and being at the track and it was kind of kool to see a bunch of old racers like jc hillbig leroy jonathon my dad and a few others i dont remember there names right now but they were all kind of neat to listen to and as for leroy he is building a tps car at this time he got the chassis from me and is working on it at his son in laws house in lockhart and by the way today is leroys birthday i dont remember how to read roman numerals or i would tell yall his age lol

• 1 month later...
I would like to know also. And if so, pics of Leroy's ride please!!!!

Jim,

I'm thinking Leroy Farmer drove a Dodge, possibly '66 Charger, in the NASCAR LMS class. And, I think he raced an Oldsmobile in some early Bronco Stock Car events at Meyer Spdwy/Houston. A long time ago, so I'm not sure about the Broncos, but I also would like to see some pictures, along with any history updates.

• 7 years later...

When I was in HS, I was a delivery kid for Austin Lacquer and the first time I delivered to Leroy's body shop I got to see a race car he was building. I am surprised I didn't get fired but evey time I when there, I would stand in awe of his fabrication skills. It was Leroy who changed my passion from wanting to drive to fabrication. Ended up working in aviation.

Anyone with info on Jerry Grant would be appreciated.

Jerry Grant is retired and living in a beach house in Port Aransas. Has been down there many years. I seem him once or twice a year when i am down there. He has spent the last several months helping his wife get over some health issues. They spend time visiting grandkids when they can.

Archived