Friday April 6 Race

Chico125

Trey you bring up a valid point as well, most of the time the pures go out first ad just a mudd slinging event really cant guess on anything from that but we do get to race more, just saying if there isnt but 7 or 8 cars no need to go out with three and tear up or break when all cound have more fun all in one race, hell more racing the better and more seat time for me.Chico will no doubt get it right, first night are allways a little longer anywhere you go, Im just gald theres a place to race every weekend, Ill be there in a few weeks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just because a class doesnt have but 3 or 4 cars doesnt mean dont race them. they have money in their cars just like everyone else.

overall time last saturday was long, we left at midnight. that being said, again we had a blast!

Great job Chico...

I respect the fact that the racers have money in their cars and want to race - I used to drag race so I understand something about the time and money to prep a car.

The track's customers are the racers and the fans.

The racer's customers are the fans (and the track). Therefore, both the track and the racers have to please the fans enough to keep the fans coming back and support the track through the front gate. Otherwise, the entire burden of the track finances falls on the racers at the back gate, plus whatever advertising the track secures.

If the show repeatedly runs long, or the fans are repeatedly subjected to races with three cars that never come close to each other except when being lapped, they will probably not continue to return. Before the features started Saturday morning, I looked around in the stands. There were less than 100 people left in the stands, by my rough count. Most had given up and gone home. I don't imagine that they were overjoyed to miss the features - I wouldn't have been.

If there's a short count in a class, my recommendation is to run them with the next closest class and let them each run for "best in class". Then everyone gets to run, and the fans may get a better show.

Remember that the ultimate fan is a kid - you can't beat a kid for true enthusiasm. You also can't BS a bored, tired kid into being excited about a 3-car or 4-car non-race. They won't want to come back, and they'll make the parents miserable, too.

TEXASPRD IS CORRECT THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THEN WHEN A KID GETS BORED AND IM SURE CHICO IS WORKING ON IT NOT EVERYONE HAS THE N@#ts to speak of IT BUT THIS INFO IS NEEDED TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD SO FAR CHICO IS JUMPING SOME MAJOR HURDLES AND DOING THE BEST HE CAN THE TRACK BEING SMOOTH WAS A GREAT FOR RACERS AND THE FACILITYS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK TRI CITY AND CREW 1 FOR THE MONEY AND THE REST FOR THE SHOW CAUSE ITS ALL ABOUT THE SHOW GREG D

i'm going to try this from a different angle.

when terry dickerson took over running sas everyone including me wanted to tell terry their version of how he should run the track.

this time, i'm going to let chico and his group run tri-city and myself and everyone i can tell will support him. don't waste your energy trying to tell the man what to do, just help the man do what he is doing and enjoy it when you have a chance to go. whether you race, crew or just go to watch support him. if you see an area that could use some improving share it with him....

this is getting about as bad as the "Imus" thing on TV. that dude made a mistake, you'd almost think Imus was Jesus the way they are trying to crucify the poor guy. He said he was sorry which is more than some of these ^&^&%^& will ever say....

Hey chico, in case I haven't said it enough.... GREAT JOB Saturday night....

Everyone needs to remember that this was the first night of the season.

Yes, things could have gone better. March 30th we were rained out. Our

first night of racing was running behind schedule partially due to registrations

of cars, IMCA licenses, drivers having to work late to support their racing

habits, an unfortunate North wind that was kicking up dust, the cold, letting

drivers get familar with the track by doing hotlaps, etc.

Be grateful that you do have a local track to go to. Chico is trying to make

this track bigger and better and it will get there. Just as several have stated,

the track needs your support. It doesn't matter if you race on dirt, asphalt or

whatever, we are our own unique family. Mistakes will be made, unforseen

problems will occur, mother nature will play a role. San Antonio Raceway track was peeling

up for their big show. Things do happen!!

Each week will get better and more improvements will be made.

Congradulations to Chico and to last weeks Champions "Good Job"

The first night for a new operator is the first night. The second shows if improvement is in the forcast. Time will tell and I think from seeing the energy and intent of the new owner that things will improve. The complaints for the first night are not wrong and the owner needs to hear them. You can't improve on what you think you did right. Remember that the owner is spending his money not your's. It does effect the drivers so they should make their opinions known.

WHAT TIME DID THE RACES END, WE LEFT ABOUT 11:30 AFTER THE PURE STOCK RACE, OH AND WHAT KIND OF CARS ARE CLASSIFIED AS A PURE STOCK BECAUSE AFTER LOOKING AT SOME OF THE RULES AND WHAT CARS WERE BEING RUN, I THINK SEVERAL OF THE CARS SHOULD HAVE BEEN RUN IN THE STEET STOCK CLASS, I'M PRETTY SURE THE WINNING CAR WASNT A PURE STOCK!!!! WE WERE THINKING ABOUT BRINGING OUR GRAND STOCK CAR FROM SAS TO RUN WITH THE PURE STOCKS BUT AFTER SEEING WHAT KIND OF CARS THEY WERE ALLOWING TO RUN WERE NOT SURE.

MY BAD, I JUST SAW THE CARS I HAD QUESTIONS ABOUT WERE BOTH DISQUALIFIED

i would hope that a tri city pure stock does not have to look or run like a GRAND STOCK.they are not for sale for a GRAND in most cases.how many GRAND stocks were at the half mile on a regular basis?if you read the rules,a road runner is more of a pure stock then a grand stock.whats wrong with making a pure stock look like a full blown race car,as long as it meets the rules?.i was one that was quick to welcome the cars that might come over,but i hope the crying that goes on there does not spill over.i have many friends that ran at the half mile, i always welcomed them to come to dirt.its not train racing.its side by side,gotta drive RACING.once you do it,you probable will contiue on with it.frank t

johnnyt,

as long as it meets the rules right, well that was a fully gutted sheet metal body on that car and it says in the rules no aftermarket body panels, full oem only and nobody's crying we were just looking for some clarification because i dont want to gut my car and in a few weeks they start inforcing that rule, i also had a question about the cage i noticed it says four point cage but a few of the cars had a full cage from what i could see from the stands, so any info you can give me on that would help thank you.

its frankt,not johnny.........more cage for more safety.how will more cage make it faster?.and i did not see any sheet metal bodys in that class.saw sheet metal repairs.if a car is hulled out,at the meetings they stuck more weight on them.the overall weight is still the same,regardless of the skin.i agree on shocks,spring,motors etc....but not on outside looks.when the two cars that got the d.q.return,they will still run in the front.with todays lifters,vacume pumps etc,they will change the cam and come back as fast or faster.maybe we cant run vacume pump,so i will stick with cam change.and on the weight,scales dont work on dirt surface,so i hope they set them up on concrete..........frank t

one thing i dont want to come accross wrong is the welcome feelings towards the new cars. i love the comp of many cars.its the reason i travel with the boys so much.but i hope that anyone that sees something not understood comes to the pits.the drivers are 1st class 99.9% of the time.from the stands to up close and personal are two different worlds.at our cars to most in the pits we will do all to help.we have done this to some that have now changed over.i would not push this hard if CHICO and OWEN at sts were not both class people that care about racing and the drivers.my comments are my own.the promos at both tracks speak for there tracks.my views are my own,and i hope there is no negative feeling towars the track for my views.my kids are 1st to say leave it alone.but i guess i come off as a jerk at times.but i do love the sport and would do all to make it better.frank t

Frank, I was worried about the roadrunner car I have being legal for the pure stock class because of the body which had been replaced with sheetmetal. It is cheaper & easier to make doors, etc than go junkyard hunting for body panels which are getting really scarce these days.

My ? is: The sheetmetal body looks stock (roof, hood & trunk lid are stock), so I can bring my car & run with the pures?

Thanks,

-Jr

jr,your asking the wrong guy,i only know that at the meeting it was said this would carry a penalty.i know how hard panels are to get on these old cars,the nova body is over 35 years old.TOUGH FIND!and the metrics are at close to 25.now the low riders and collectors want them.another tough find.thats why i had said extra weight would offset it,as long as it looked stock and was legal in all other areas.frank t........

sounds fair to me. It would be worth a weight penalty to be able to run stock appearing sheetmetal instead of spending time and $ hunting parts. It was good to see you last Friday by the way. Johnny's car looks good.

1.3: Body panels must remain stock. No skins or cut outs. Trunk box must be in place except for fuel cell clearance. No aftermarket body panels. Full OEM panels only. Fenders may be cut a max of 2” to allow for wheel clearance. Any excessive cutting of any fender or trunk box will result in a 50 lb. additional weight penalty for each infraction – max penalty of 250 lbs. In addition, the 50 lb. penalty will be mounted at the point of infraction

Any extra cage is fine.

Replacement panels are ok as long as the replacement panel is steel

I GUESS YOU DIDNT WATCH THE MODIFIEDS RACE THEN WHITEAKER WENT FROM STARTING LAST PLACE AND FINISHED SECOND

Since when are full blown modifieds the same as limiteds? Saying that #15 put on a hell of a show had nothing to do with the Whiteakers-can't someone else have a little glory without ya'll trying to be the center of attention?

SORRY DIDNT REALIZE YOU WOULD GET ALL UPSET JUST SAYING KID PUTS ON A HELL OF A SHOW, I DIDNT REALIZE THE WHITEAKERS WERE TAKING ATTENTION AWAY FROM THE PINK POSSE PEOPLE. MORE POWER TO YOU!!!!!!!!! GO PINK!!!!!!!!! WHITEAKERS ARE ONLY CENTER OF ATTENTION IF YOU MAKE THEM. ITS NOT HIS FAULT HE IS A GOO DRIVER.

SORRY DIDNT REALIZE YOU WOULD GET ALL UPSET JUST SAYING KID PUTS ON A HELL OF A SHOW, I DIDNT REALIZE THE WHITEAKERS WERE TAKING ATTENTION AWAY FROM THE PINK POSSE PEOPLE. MORE POWER TO YOU!!!!!!!!! GO PINK!!!!!!!!! WHITEAKERS ARE ONLY CENTER OF ATTENTION IF YOU MAKE THEM. ITS NOT HIS FAULT HE IS A GOO DRIVER.

Don't misunderstand-no one is upset. Simply stating that your post made is sound like Steve Jr. ran way better than anyone else. You were comparing two different classes. I have seen Steve Jr. race and your right, he is a good driver but that doesn't mean he is the only good driver. And I think we all know that there is more than enough attention to go around-the season is just getting started.

Archived