TSZ SAS section funeral?

the city of san antonio has gotten really strict on the enforecement of the codes every since hurricane katrina occurred...............i work for a local home builder and all of the property we have in the city of san antonio is constantly being scrutinized by their permit office..........so if the area was annexed by the city of san antonio, then you will have hell trying to get anything permitted or inspected if it isnt up to the current codes. if im not mistaken they are using the 2006 irc code book, and there is no way that the track is up to that..........the good thing is that i guess if a guy did decide to try to fix up the track, shouldnt they be able to tap into the city of san antonio sewer system and forget about the septic tank..........lol..........

so if a new track was to come about, make sure it is not in the city of san antonio to avoid these guys and their issues..........

Reb,

My mom worked for the Health Dept. here in San Antonio as a nurse. I know how the Health Inspector thing works and have experienced it first hand. Second job I had out of High School was for a local food chain. Health Inspector came in and was looking for issues that (weren't) wrong. After I told him my mom worked for the Health Dept. and I knew his boss, his story changed real quick. Bottom line, if the city/ code inspectors wanted to give the track a chance they would have and you don't have to give those guys money under the table either...

Rather than invest the (very conservatively) estimated $80,000 needed to renovate all the major speedway infrastructure, Mr. Dickerson did indeed decide that it was time to fold.

Renovation does cost alot, but is'nt thier major consturctions companies that sponsor cars that race at San Antonio Speedway. I am sure these companies would have helped or a least cut a deal with Terry. Maybe he was just mad that his offer to buy the Track or atleast the land was shot down. Who knows, but one thing is for sure the great racing at San Antonio Speedway will be missed

Archived