So what now?

Truck99

So let's see the speculation fly...what happens now? The folding of USRA and SAS affects THR and the other tracks also. THR's part-time schedule is based on each show being a "big event", and this involves one or more touring series each week. With the trucks and mods being no longer sanctioned by USRA, will THR still host their previously scheduled races on their own? Will they all go to HMP every week?

What allowances should/could be made in the RR and Sportsman classes to allow them to race at THR in the Hobby and SS classes?

I don't envy the management team at THR right now. They'll be busy (more than usual) for the next few weeks...

Sorry Budman. This black eye will hurt for a very long time. I have spoken to some of the drivers and they feel that if other tracks want them to run at their race track, no changes to the cars, but changes to the carbs and tires. The tracks need to let them run what they have. As far as the heritage, money does not care about heritage.

i don't think they can say what they want ?they can make adjustments or they can settle for having expensive paper weights. they will be invited , not the other way around.

The tracks need to let them run what they have.

I wouldn't blame them for feeling this way, but I doubt this way of thinking will go far. The tech officials still have a job to do to insure a level playing field. Some type of changes will have to occur for this to happen, even if they are minor. The good thing is that there are some combined races to look back on in the recent past to show that the classes aren't too far off.

So the other tracks should just screw there own loyal racers by letting non compliant cars run just because their track was shut down? I don't think that will happen, but I guarantee that THR will do what's fair and right for everyone and will make sure SA cars have a place to race.

So the other tracks should just screw there own loyal racers by letting non compliant cars run just because their track was shut down? I don't think that will happen, but I guarantee that THR will do what's fair and right for everyone and will make sure SA cars have a place to race.

just saying that the sports and supers are not that dif, i might be wrong here but the only dif in the supers and sports are tires carbs and intak

the rr and hs have the 108 to the 112 wheel base dif tires carb and intake

or is there more

Guest bigfat

I guess all the end of the year races were screwing the loyal racers?? Seems like the Spectacular rules would work. Maybe not. We will be inivited, I'm sure. Not sure how the hell or where the hell we'd invite anyone though. Yall want to come to the shop and look at race cars??? There will be a lot of paper weights though. There were several guys that race SAS for the fun and convenience. Just hope they can make it somewhere with their famailies and fans. Really sux for the Late Models and Sportsman. Those guys have sunk a lot of money into this "HOBBY". Good luck to you guys. Also Congrats to Chad, PUAL and that harry guy in the 7 car on their championships this year.

The trucks have been invited to run w/ HMP's Texas Truck Series this season. It's a bit far for SA peeps but a few races out of town beats no races.

Maybe Mary Ann will keep the mods and trucks on the schedule at thr.. That will add a few races closer to home.......

lets form more touring series, thats the way to go, or is it? hopefully C.C.S gets going this year, would be nice if some of you SAS guys can race down here. racing here has always been good.

THERE IS AN OPEN OPPORTUNITYFOR CC TO BUILD ITS SELF BACK UP .HOW MANY CARS CAN THEY GET WHO KNOWS BUT SOMEONE SOMEWHERE WILL GET ON THE BALL GAME AND HELP GET THEASE GUYS A PLACE TO RACE ...

THR, Has a real good chance to have a super car count. Also all of the junkies from S/A will probably make the short drive north to see and to be apart of racing at THR. At least I hope so!

Mod's, Houston

Truck's, Houston

Everything else THR, Houston.

Well I guess this helps my decision easier for this year. I was going to try to make some races even though Im going have a new born. But now I guess I will take that new job with nissan and just work every saturday. I would love to go to houston with rusty but I dont know If im going to be able to travel that far this year. This really blows. Good luck to TD and his family in their future indevors. I would have done the same thing if it were me.

sean B)

I know we'll be coming to THR now no matter what. Seems the rules for the Spectacular when we came and ran that race were pretty close to being a level playing field for both SAS and THR cars. We're runnin THR either way now, gonna be a long 5 weeks waiting to race again.

My gut feeling at the spectacular was that the SAS cars had just a slight advantage, but maybe the home track "seat time" factor of the THR cars took care of that.

You ran a 16.55 with very little seat time at the track. With more laps, you'd be faster.

My suggestion would be to let the SAS cars run as-is with the exception of tires for 2007 and require them to meet the THR rules in 08. I think the 350 carb would level out the other advantages (engine setback, roller rockers, electric fan, disc brakes.) These are just my thoughts supported by no real evidence of an kind... :D

As far as the trucks and mods - since they can already run at HMP and since THR and HMP are open on opposite weekends, my hope is that they can race both tracks.

I can't commend on the SAS LM cars and RR cars - those are tough ones, but I bet Jack and Mary Ann are working on something as we speak.

For the RR cars there is alot of us that are in total limbo now.... All the metric cars are screwed unless THR will allow 108" wheel bases in Hobby Stocks... Also most of the SAS cars have been totally gutted in the back which the THR rules do not allow either.... You cant stretch the cars or put the trunk linings back in so what are these cars supposed to do???

How far off are the sas lm's to tsrs-lm's?

Arts, they used to run together on the same track during special races in 2005. I t hink they are the same reason except TSRS doesn't allow crates.

When in doubt call the tech directors... Tracks will give you a place to race.. Who's going to turn down racers a chance to race?

How far off are the sas lm's to tsrs-lm's?

Arts, they used to run together on the same track during special races in 2005. I t hink they are the same reason except TSRS doesn't allow crates.

When in doubt call the tech directors... Tracks will give you a place to race.. Who's going to turn down racers a chance to race?

I think SAS late models may allow 2x3 front frame rails whereas TSRS requries 2x4. That could be the big kicker unless a rules change is made.

Archived