Feature

Guest bigfat

Jody Wayne,

In the General Rules (can be found on the SAS website on the Driver's Area tab), the lineups for the support divisions (SM, RR, GS) are determined as follows:

2. FEATURE RACE LINE UP – SUPPORT DIVISIONS

The feature race line up will be based on the results of qualifying (heat) races. The line up for the heat

races will be based on a four-week point average, inverted lowest to highest. The number of qualifying

heats will be determined by car count. The top finishers in each heat race will assume the front positions

of the feature race using point averages, inverted by lowest point average to the highest point average. If

only one heat race is held in a division, all drivers will be included in the feature event. If two heat races

are held, the top 12 finishers in each heat race will start the feature. If three heats are held, drivers will

qualify to advance eight cars from each heat race to the feature event. The feature race will be lined up

with drivers carrying a point average first, inverted lowest to highest, with the high point average driver

starting no farther back than 12th position. Remaining positions will be filled by drivers with a point

average who were not among the top point average finishers in a heat race, from highest average to the

lowest average. The balance of the field will consist of new drivers and the top three finishers from the B main

(if needed).

Please call Rick at 827-4524 if you still have a question.

Guest bigfat

Thanks Deb. I did read that earlier. I was just trying to figure out why the 3 and the 77 were at the tale end of the field. They both were carrying a points average and the 3 finished in the top 4 of the 1st heat race. I'm guessing they scratched then? But even then shouldn't next in line move into the top 2 spots and the points leaders that were in the top 4 of their prospective heats still start 11th and 12th instead of 9th and 10th? It's too late to call "DANCING BEAR" B) .......

Archived