LM Rules

1)

Nobody complained about Joe A. and Barker's dominance last year because they appeared to have cars that met the rulebook.

2)

And it is not quite true that nobody raised the issue about a crate-motored SLM chassis being given a 150# weight break until recently. I brought my concern about this to SAS management's attention several times throughout the 2006 season and last winter before the rules were reviewed. I was told that the 150# weight break was here to stay, and that no car had yet presented itself within this weight break to show its dominance. It was said that if a crate-motored SLM showed up and then it became apparent that the 150# weight break was too much.... then a mid-season adjustment might be made.

I dislike mid-season adjustments. It hurts the race team(s) that did comply with the written rules at the beginning of the season and did their homework.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends which ASA rules they mean,Houston runs the MSD with same RPM limit,if it is going there,which tires can he run then?Maybe they need to be more specific on which version,but didn't the 115 car run last year basically the same way?

1)

Nobody complained about Joe A. and Barker's dominance last year because they appeared to have cars that met the rulebook.

2)

And it is not quite true that nobody raised the issue about a crate-motored SLM chassis being given a 150# weight break until recently. I brought my concern about this to SAS management's attention several times throughout the 2006 season and last winter before the rules were reviewed. I was told that the 150# weight break was here to stay, and that no car had yet presented itself within this weight break to show its dominance. It was said that if a crate-motored SLM showed up and then it became apparent that the 150# weight break was too much.... then a mid-season adjustment might be made.

I dislike mid-season adjustments. It hurts the race team(s) that did comply with the written rules at the beginning of the season and did their homework.

Larry,

I'm not being sarcastic in any way when I say this.. but you would be the perfect Tech Man for SAS. I'm only filling in until Rick finds someone who is actually qualified to do the job. I do my best, but, as I readily admit, am certainly not the most qualified person for the job. But you are...

Nick

I'm probly one of the least qualified to say anything on here but Joe does have some good points on the asa advantage. I for one like the asa rules and would like to see more cars try to be able to run with the asa cars...I know not everyone would be thrilled to have to buy a new $7000 crate engine or a $2000 for a new brin (plus the goodies you need to convert) And I'm not sure the advantage would be enough to justify the cost(purse is really low).But how about addressing some of the other issues. Allow alum heads,650 carbs,6.5 spoiler, alum driveshafts & bellhousings. I know new heads and carbs are'nt cheap but it should give you a lot more level playing field...but I'm sure alot will disagree with this too.

Guest turborice

CAN THE LATE MODELS GET THIER REGISTRATION MONEY BACK SINCE THIS WAS NOT DISCLOSED? WHY DIDNT THE MEETING TAKE PLACE BEFORE EVERYONE REGISTERED THEIR CARS?

If Armendia would have drawn a 2 and started outside pole with Alexander starting in his spot would the outcome have been different. 19.0 and 19.2 respectively don't seem so far apart. Could Alexander pass Joe if he's only .2 faster. Maybe so, maybe not. With the 6400 chip in the crate motor does the advantage really go to the ASA car? One race does'nt prove anything. So if Joe takes his football and goes home he'll never know now will he. As for the rest of us we'll just have to stick around and find out.

Finally, I was always told it is easy to complain but solutions require the use of your brain.

Buddy #3 Late Model

10 4 Big John I remember y'all bein out there a handful of times but wasn't sure... If i'm not mistaken I think y'all only finished or ran one race with lloyd in the car and y'all smoked us but ended up a little bit light after the race I think...

My point is that the rules were written by SAS staff/mgmt to provide a fair and level playing field and since the Allexanders are the only ones with crates willing to come and play out at SAS they are the sort of "test dummies" but they are.. now, SAS i guess thought that the crate motor rules already in the rule book weren't going to be fair to the crates so before the first race of the season the SAS mgmt decides to let them bring out the ASA legal car with i guess a 150# weight break still... why? why not try the crate motor at a 150# weight break because we have yet to see what it would do?

Not a shot at y'all Big John

10-4 b, i believe you may be right, i remember allen raced the car one nite, we crashed in qualifying one night and got d'q once. we are actually running the same rules we ran last year. we just want to race, dont matter if its sas, hmp, kyle or whever else they let us run we will go. i hate to see people get upset at the rules after only one race, but if they want to propose a different set we will defineately consider looking at them.

big john

I am not trying to start anything by what I’m about to say. I just want to know a few things. As you all know I don’t own or drive a race car and what I do know about the rules is enough to be dangerous. My first question is this……Why do the tracks decide want rules will be used? Why don’t the owners of these car and trucks make that call?

Second question…..Why did the weight per cubic inch rule go away?

And third……How can we non-owner/drivers help with this problem?

I LOVE my racing. I don’t want it to dry up and blow away. And it will blow away if something isn’t done real soon. Like I said, Im not trying to start anything. I’m just very concerned about this

PAPA

i think sas should scrap the late models altogether, too many crybaby [edited out by Nick Holt, 3/28/07]at this track, well mainly one or two. Ill gladly run houston every other week like we had planned in the first place.

lloyd alexander

NO HIDING HERE EITHER!

I guess all of this doesn't matter anymore, since the track no long exists.

The lease agreement is still very much in place. It's just that USRA Track Management Group will no longer be conducting races there. What happens next is up to Mr. Ted Carlson (the lease holder) and the property owner.

We could be racing next week if Mr. Carlson and the current property owner decide to carry on.

Nick

From what I understood is that he was going to close it until Terry came along. If that was true then why would he come in and spend that much when two years ago he was done with it. Thats just what I understood. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm upset to I never even got to race at that track. Sure there's others but they ain't SAS.

Obviously, nobody can speak for Ted Carlson but Ted Carlson. Perhaps he has someone in the wings waiting to take over where TD left off. I doubt it too. However, the lease is still in place. All someone has to do is talk to Ted Carlson and they're in business.

Nick

I doubt the current owner gives a care about the money it will take to get the track ready. I heard it was in the ball park of $80,000. But I heard the asking price for the property is $5,000,000. Let the track close and sell. He wins. Local racers and fans lose. That is the way money works.

Now we should all understand why the Nascar sanction was dropped. You lease the name from Nascar, you are required to run it or pay a penalty for not running. So now it should be a race to see who buys the land first. Parts warehouse, superstore or maybe a grocery store.

Archived