Bill LaBarge wins TPS

I'm glad you saw that Kevin, cause i lost my brakes early in the race, also fighting a loose car, weird because we practiced last saturday, and had a car that would of qualified second, aftering seeing yesteday's times, and came on race day and last of alot of grip, still trying to get the hang of this new car we got, but when we figure it out, watch out.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bigfat
I don't think it really matters if you are scored wrong if your not in the top 5 and on the lead lap. JMO. Atleast it sure doesn't matter to me.

Unless you're racing for a championship and lose it by a point or two.

ariel if your car was loose .and a brake was sticking ,that is your problem .its pulling the car around .in or out of the turns ..check your brake lines to make sure they arent bad ..also you will loose your brakes when you boil the brake fluid .good luck ...... big im with you .you run for points it could be the different in where you finish ahead of someone who ties you if that happens .neil gives you a avenue to protest .some places just say to bad .

Congrats to Bill Labarge on the win!! And great job to all of the TPS drivers.

Ja Lane spun on the first lap, to bring out the only caution, and from there it was green flag racing all the way. That speaks volumes since it was the first race of the season. Patience, and give and take shows why this group is called the Texas PRO Sedans!! Should be a great season.

Ja Lane has a fast car, but spun on the first lap. He showed great promise in the way he handled himself at that point. He had to go to the back for the restart, and spent several laps feeling the car out. So many drivers (including me) would be in such a rush to get back to the front, and would make more problems in doing so. He showed the maturity of a seasoned veteran by taking his time and letting the car and track come to him. Once it did, he was on a mission!! Very impressive!

It was great to see all of the new cars out there, and the rookies did a great job for having the first race at SAS!

Was curious though, on the Meeks team, what problems the 56 had? Watched him come out for only one lap? Does anybody know what happened?

Where we were sitting, they looked packed. We were just past the start/finish line on the turn 1 side. That is where we always sit when we are in the stands. Our section seemed more packed than the "Night of Destruction" last year.

Great job to Deb, Rick Day, and the SAS staff in promoting this. It was a great season opener!!

I think the 56 had transmision problems. 71 blew up in the pits. 22 blew up in practice. 4 blew up in practice.

We could of had a bigger field if those cars had started. Maybe the full moon had something to do with it.

I think the 56 had transmision problems. 71 blew up in the pits. 22 blew up in practice. 4 blew up in practice.

We could of had a bigger field if those cars had started. Maybe the full moon had something to do with it.

THIER WERE A FEW THAT DIDNOT MAKE IT ALSO SO THAT DIDNT HELP .HOPEFULLY BE THERE FOR THE 7 TH .. WE LIKE THE NUMBER 7 .LOL ..... GOOD RUN MIKE FOR NOT BE.ING HOME ALL WINTER .DID YOU FINISH ON ALL CYLINDERS .

I don't think it really matters if you are scored wrong if your not in the top 5 and on the lead lap. JMO. Atleast it sure doesn't matter to me.

Unless you're racing for a championship and lose it by a point or two.

See, my goal this year is to at least finish in the top 10 in points. Sure we have 11 races to go, but after a while the points get so spread out it takes a couple of races to pass people. The fewer cars I have to pass, the better. If you ask me it's much easier to get into 10th from 13th, than 10th from 16th. Btw, congrats Bill on the win. Can't wait for April 7th.

Stands were packed... We were sitting right beneath the press box at the flag stand area and it was packed in like sardines hardly any open sitting spots at all.... I just hope the stands stay packed like that all year... :) :)

Oldtimer, as soon as the 85 driver gets used to that car watch out, that car was super fast.... :) :)

HE WAS FAST FOR ONE RACE .DOES NOT MEAN MUCH WE WERE FAST FOR ONE RACE AND WON ..A FEW OTHERS WERE FAST FOR ONE RACE .AND WON ..IF HE.S FAST FOR ALL RACES THEN WE HAVE A NEW CAR TO CHASE AFTER AND HAVE TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE .TUNE HER UP ADJUST HER MORE AND GO GET HIM ...ITS NICE TO HAVE SOME NEW BLOOD TO SHAKE EVERYONE UP ..I WELCOME HIM . MAKES IT MORE FUN .LOL . THEY SEEM TO HAVE A GOOD TEAM .AND THE DRIVER WILL COME AROUND .SO LETS GET IT ON ......LOL ..WELL WHEN I GET THE CAR READY SOMEDAY ..........

Hello Everyone!

First I'd like to congradulate Bill LaBarge for a clean driven quick win! Way to go Bill!

Now I'd like to say thanks to everyone I encountered Saturday night for my first race with the Texas Pro Sedans. Great racing sportsmanship off the track is what makes for great clean hard racing on the track. All of you were very nice and helpful and I had a great time on my first qualifying and race day. The TPS tech and administration were very helpful and patient when I had scanner problems early in the day. Thanks for being a kind group of people.

I appreciate all the people around me that have been so helpful with me and the car, my family and many close family friends. My Mom and Dad have been unbelievably supportive - just when they thought their time with racing was winding down after 40 years of it, I dragged them back in! Mike Balzer has been so helpful with guidance, time and his help with that car. Thank you so much.

I look forward to the rest of the year racing with you guys! Let's have a great 2007!

Ja Lane TPS 85 www.jalaneracing.com

# 18 / Lanny - I still have your electrical cord splitter - will bring with me April 7th.

# 26 / Lalo - I still didn't get a carne guisada taco :(

post-2470-1173115463_thumb.jpg

GREETINGS CARNE GUISADA LOVER ..LALO MAKES CARNE GUISADA TACO.S I DIDNT KNOW THAT... HE NEVER TOLD ME AFTER ALL THEASE YEARS HE KNOWS I DONT LIKE SECRETS :lol: .HECK OF COOK ......FROM OLDTIMER AND THE 7 CAR LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAYING WITH YOU . PS NICE CAR ..I QUESS WE HALF TO STAY FOCUSED .LOLLOLO

With Mike on board I'm sure the car will stay fast. It doesn't look like the driver is too shabby either with the quick qualifying time. Every year it seems the bar gets a little higher... Great run for the 85.

Way to go Bill, nothing like coming back on a winning note. The BMW looked like it was on a rail.

I hope to see that many again at Kyle!

Results change, TPS race at SAS, 3/3/07

I received final scoring results of the March 3 TPS race during the late evening of March 4 from the SAS head scorer Steven Jung. Upon reviewing his departments scoring product, I held up the distribution of all post race mail material pending a further review by me and other TPS officials.

Provisional results, posted by TPS in the pits for an hour after the TPS race may have contained error involving five cars from positions 11 thru 15. Drivers who were affected, either up or down were contacted for their input.

The official results were re-published and are posted in item #1 of this thread. Official results and checks will then be issued later today (3/4/07).

We apologize for the delay. My only objective is to do the right thing in finalizing scoring of Race #1 of the 2007 TPS season.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

Results change, TPS race at SAS, 3/3/07

I received final scoring results of the March 3 TPS race during the late evening of March 4 from the SAS head scorer Steven Jung. Upon reviewing his departments scoring product, I held up the distribution of all post race mail material pending a further review by me and other TPS officials.

Provisional results, posted by TPS in the pits for an hour after the TPS race may have contained error involving five cars from positions 11 thru 15. Drivers who were affected, either up or down were contacted for their input.

The official results were re-published and are posted in item #1 of this thread. Official results and checks will then be issued later today (3/4/07).

We apologize for the delay. My only objective is to do the right thing in finalizing scoring of Race #1 of the 2007 TPS season.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

Cool. thanks Neil. I'm still wondering why the 23 is in front of me in the points, but behind me in the race results. I'm sorry if I'm coming across as a whiner, just trying to get answers to my questions.

#78 - Reference is made to paragraph 17 on page 7 of the 2007 TPS Rules regarding bonus points. Also refer to the noon bonus point deadline mentioned in the schedule update which was e-mailed to all members and you will answer your own question.

TPS 48 is right on course, as usual.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

Archived