neil just wanted to let you know , we had to put pops in the hospital yesterday he was real bad the doctors said he has congestive heart failure and had 1 lung full of fluid. they have him on oxogen . they said his oxogen in his body was at 0 . but they say he should come out of this he will probally have to be on oxogen the rest of his life but at least he will still be around

steven

Hey no problem. We racers are a family, and when one goes down, well, we pray and help where and when we can, just like any other family should!

I agree, I look forward to meeting you. Not sure if I will make it to the pits though, but I will definateley be in the stands. No, the Toyota is going to need a little more TLC before I can get her out there. Just ran out of time, energy and $$$. I thought burning the candle at both ends wasn't enough, so I started burning it in the middle too, and got burned...LOL... :lol:

I hope to have it done by midyear, though!!

(Mike, I do have your videos, so if I do not make it into the pits, we will have to get together in the stands!!)

...... FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW POPS .HE IS CRT.S DAD ... HE IS ONE HECK OF A NICE MAN ....ALWAYS WAS THERE TO HELP YOU IF YOU NEEDED ANYTHING ...... IN 87 HE STARTED RACEN MINI,S AGAINST SOME OF THE BEST DRIVERS IN THAT CLASS SOME HAD NAMES LIKE .. ..... DOUG MCBEE .... FATMAN DALE ....THE SULLIVAN BOYS ....ROGER ROBERSON NEON WILLS DAD . ... ROBBERT DRIGGERS .....THE LATE DAVID EVANS ..... LARRY KRAUS .... .AND RACED AGAINST... JAMIE GARNER. ...MIKE KNOTTS .... AND MANY OTHERS ..OVER 5 YEARS OF DRIVING ....HE WAS NICE ENOUGH TO LET ME RACE HIS CAR ONE NIGHT AND.. I.. WON MY FIRST RACE .WHEN HE HARDLY KNEW ME .... HE WAS THE BIGGEST HELP IN KEEPING THE MINI.S ALIVE IN 1990 WHEN IT LOOKED THEY WOULD DIE.... AND THEY ARE STILL ALIVE TODAY FOR THE DEDICATION AND WORK HE DID ... . HE SPENT MANY OF DAY CALLING ALL OVER THE STATES.. LOOKING FOR THE BEST PRICE FOR TIRES ,...AND PARTS AND NEVER HID ANYTHING FROM ANYONE .....IF HE HADIT HE TOLD YOU WHERE TOGET IT ......HE GAVE AWAY ALOT OF CARS THAT HE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR ASWELL AS BUYING ....PIPE .....PARTS TOOLS.... WIELDING RODS ......MOTOR PARTS .....PAYING FOR A LARGE SHOP ALONG WITH STEVEN .SO POEPLE COULD BUILD THIER CARS ....WITH OUT SO MUCH OF WHEN ARE HOW YOU ARE GOING TO PAY ME BACK .... HE NEVER COMPLAINED . ..... HE SPONSORED DRIVER OF THE WEEK TROPHIES AND OTHER AWARDS DURING RACEN SEASONS SO DRIVERS COULD GET SOMETHING FOR THIER GOOD EFFORTS ... AND PAID ALL OUT OF HIS POCKET AT THE SAME TIME DOING ALL THE ABOVE SAID ..... HIS BEST YEAR EVENTHOW HE SAID WAS TO MUCH WORK AND NOT AS MUCH FUN DUREING THE SEASON WAS 1991 . HE WAS THE FIRST DRIVER .WITH THE HELP OF STEVEN MYSELF AND OTHERS WHILE RACEN AGAINST US WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP AT CC DRIVEING A MUSTANG ... MAY I ADD IN HIS FIFTY.S . CAME DOWN TO THE LAST RACE OF THE YEAR ..... A FIRST FOR MUSTANG .... THIS MAN IS SOMETHING SPECIAL . NOT ONLY A FRIEND TO RACEN .A FRIEND TO ALL . ....... THE LIST CANGO ON AND ON ......BUT YOU CAN GET THE PICTURE OF THE GREATNESS OF THIS MAN ....... STEVEN WE ARE PRAYING FOR HIM .AND WILL SEE HIM SOON .

well they say he had a real bad night last night . but he was sitting up today and talking he told me that they have to postpone the pro sedan race so he can go watch ( i told him i didnt think that would happen ) he said he knew he was just joking well thanks for all your prayers and concern,s

The person that taped the TPS races last year was named Thad. His screen Name is VideoGuy, but according to the little counter thing on here, he hasn't been logged in on here since "6th November 2006 - 02:18 PM." He did email me and said that he was going to be out taping this Saturday, and may try to spend some time in the pits before he goes and sets up. Due to the number iof times he will be having to travel to SAS this year, his cost on the DVD's will be $15 this year (still a pretty good value, I think.) Since I will not be racing for at least a few races, I have stepped out of the role of interfacing between him and TPS.

I would recomend clicking on his screen name and sending him an email, but I will also email him and suggest he look at this thread...

CRT - When we are all healthy, we tend to forget, but we are all in God's hands, both when we are healthy and when we are down. GodSpeed on a fast, full recovery for your dad.

Archived