SAS Point Fund

• 2 weeks later...

Larry

Although SAS or myself have never posted a guanteed points fund, Terry Dickerson has always come up with a suitable payout. Plus I am sure that it will be more than the $41.22 check that NASCAR sent you for their Points Fund and all your efforts during the 2006 NASCAR season.

Rick Day

SAS General Manager & Race Director

USRA President, GM and Race Director

I wouldnt go that far Rick. My check from Nascar was more than 3 TIMES that of the check I received from the SAS points fund. For me that is a very considerable difference. I did not talk to any other drivers at the banquet, but I do know that the driver at the table next to mine was equally shocked (based on facial expression and disgruntled gestures) at the shortage in his points fund check. I was not going to bring this up for debate, but since the track started the comparison I only thought it was now a fair topic.

Guest bigfat
I wouldnt go that far Rick. My check from Nascar was more than 3 TIMES that of the check I received from the SAS points fund. For me that is a very considerable difference. I did not talk to any other drivers at the banquet, but I do know that the driver at the table next to mine was equally shocked (based on facial expression and disgruntled gestures) at the shortage in his points fund check. I was not going to bring this up for debate, but since the track started the comparison I only thought it was now a fair topic.

I think what Rick is saying is that if it wasn't for all the money WASTED on the nascar sanction is that maybe the track could have spent more on the "point's fund". Like I said at the banquet. Still chasin' Pual Lipp. Congrats on your $800 check. Mine was only $48. Of course I was just a lowly grandstock driver.....

That might be true JR. but the so called NASCAR points fund also came from SAS and Terry Dickerson. Most of you probably dont know, but each week that we raced a NASCAR sanctioned event we had to send NASCAR 3% of each classes payout for that night, plus a sanction fee of $1,350.00 each week, plus a annual fee of $5,000.00. So instead of taking it out of the weekly payoff, TD and SAS paid it. So no matter how you look at it, TD paid both points funds.

So i wasnt saying one was better than the other, bottom line is they came from the same place.

How cool would it be if the racers knew what they were racing for AHEAD of time in terms of a points fund? I've never managed a track and I realize that this might be difficult to do, but I'll still make the uneducated and opinionated statement that a "minimum" points fund should be published at the beginning of the season. I can't help but think that car counts may improve a little if the racers knew what they were racing for in terms of bonus money.

Out of 3 championships, we've won points money for only one. That's a bitter pill to swallow. Why make it a secret? Instead of making the points fund an afterthought that may or may not be funded depending upon income, make it a guaranteed expenditure. I know that THR has had some rough times, and these suggestions may be fiscally impossible, but it couldn't hurt to consider it.

Guest bigfat
I can't help but think that car counts may improve a little if the racers knew what they were racing for in terms of bonus money.

Or in yalls case, the car counts may diminish.

I can't help but think that car counts may improve a little if the racers knew what they were racing for in terms of bonus money.

Welllll, I was hoping that if it were published, it would be something above zero. Smart A$$. Go to bed already and stop stirring....

Guest bigfat

Welllll, I was hoping that if it were published, it would be something above zero. Smart A$$. Go to bed already and stop stirring....

Are those $s the same ones that are used for NA$CAR. What an honor.

If is were about the $$ about 99% of us wouldn't be here.

On Edit.

Brad,

He has to put up with me more than you know. Why do you think he made the trip down to SAS 2 Saturdays ago. Wasn't for the ASA......Scouting maybe??? Watch out Termite.

when i thought aboult points funds it was the last night of racen when they gave out the trohpie.s and checks ..igot $15 . and finished 3.d in points .. that paid for my lunch at whatabuger ..lol .i was tickled and full ..but i never complained nore did i exspect it ..so therefore i was just glad to have a racetrack to race at in those years ...if a track can afford it fine . ...maybe the drivers go out and get some point fund sponsors .........

[he studies the the line in the sand]............scurries his left foot like a bull chicken and advances towards his prey.

Archived