TPS tires

never balanced our tires .no vibes .have balanced them years ago it didnt take long before the wieght was gone .now we did at tws . speed much greater .when you balance tires its alittle tough to balance them with different tire pressures so when the tire pressure changes so does the balance ..

Usually it is not necesary to balance racing slicks for short tracks like THR, HMP, CCS. Quite a few teams balance for longer tracks like TMS and TWS. I have seen some balance at SAS, but most do not.

The sort of slicks used these days on short tracks have a relatively thin tread which makes balancing less of an issue.

By the way, tire pressure has nothing to do with tire balance.

Nick Holt

Usually it is not necesary to balance racing slicks for short tracks like THR, HMP, CCS. Quite a few teams balance for longer tracks like TMS and TWS. I have seen some balance at SAS, but most do not.

The sort of slicks used these days on short tracks have a relatively thin tread which makes balancing less of an issue.

By the way, tire pressure has nothing to do with tire balance.

Nick Holt

OK NICK LET ME CLEAR THAT UP .WHAT I SAID ON TIRE PRESSURE . WHAT I SHOULD HAVE SAID YOU BALANCE YOUR TIRES WITH A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF AIR .YOU CHANGE TIRE PRESSURE AT THE TRACK .THE TIRE FLEXES MORE OR LESS .AND THE BALANCE IS OFF . LOL NOW AM I CRAZY .WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME .

OT,

I'm not sure what tires you guys run, but changing the tire pressure of a typical racing tire does not change the balance of that tire/wheel combination. What it does change, however, is the circumference of a tire.

If a tire is perfectly in balance at 25 psi, it will still be perfectly in balance at 22 psi, 28 psi or 30 psi and all pressures in between. Likewise, if a tire is not balanced at a certain pressure, it will remain unbalanced at other tire pressures as well.

Nick Holt

I know you're talking TPS tires, but CCS cars run street radials & circumference changes very little with pressure changes. Pressure changes the spring rate far more than circumference with radials. If you do balance, put your weights on the inside & mark their position & size with a paint marker. Less likely to get knocked off & eazy to spot if they do. JMO.

That’s no excuse! Is much time you have on TXSZ , y’all should have 3 cars ready for this season.

THATS IT IVE BEEN SO TIED UP WITH THIS DARN . ME BEING A PAIN IN THE BUTT TXSZ JOB .I JUST CANT SEEM TO WORK THE WORKING ON THE CAR TIME IN BETWEEN MY REAL JOB AND THIS ONE ..ILL TRY HARDER .

Archived