Kahne and Kenseth busted in post-qual. inspection

rebelracewriter

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I WOULD GUESS YOU CAN CONCLUDE THEY ARE NOT PLAYEN THIS YEAR WITH RULE BREAKERS .. NO SLAPS ON THE HAND WOOPEN NOW ..I BET SOMEONE UP IN TOYOTA KNEW WHAT WAS PUT IN THAT MOTOR .HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH RICE PUDDEN ...... DANG IF THAT WAS RICE .I WANTED SOME .

wow mikey and buffy both got hit with 100 point penalties......so does that mean that if by a miracle mikey led the most laps and won the race, he would leave daytona with only 95 points since the max points a driver could win at any race is 195......i wouldnt be surprised if toyota drops their affiliation with MWR after this.......they are trying to come into the sport and the very first race they get a black eye by a stupid mistake by one of their teams.......they claim to hold integrity, honor and ethics in high regard, it will be interesting to see how they respond to this mess.........

wonder what ole dw will have to say about it all........that should be a good conversation when he comments on it........

Penalties:

Michael Waltrip docked 100 points.

Buffy Waltrip docked 100 owner points.

VP of Competition Bobby Kennedy and Crew Chief David Hyder suspended indefinitely.

Hyder fined $100,000.

Michael Waltrip will attempt to make the Daytona 500 field in David Reutimann's back-up car in tomorrow's Gatorades.

NASCAR did not specify what substance was found in Waltrip's intake manifold, but did say the additive was also found in the fuel line. NASCAR's Robin Pemberton said he was fairly confident the substance did not originate in the intake manifold.

no joke......they knew they would be under a microscope a little more sense they are a new team with a new manufacturer........why would you do something so flagrant and so stupid knowing that you are under that much scrutiny.........they said it wasnt jet fuel, and it wasnt sterno, but during the press conference on speed, robin pemberton's eyes kind of lit up a a little bit when a reported asked if the substance could have been nitromethane..........he didnt say it wasnt but his fascial expression gave the impression it could have been..........of coarse they didnt rule out rice puddin either so there is still a possibility of that scenerio........

Well this is all kind of interesting I guess, but as I've said on here before I really care very little what Nascar does. The problem is, for years I've seen tracks and series try to pattern themselves after Nascar, when the model just doesn't fit.

I'm just hoping that one of these days they figure out they need to quit worrying about what Nascar does and worry about putting on the very best short track asphalt racing shows they possibly can! If they do that, the rest will take care of itself. :)

im not a big mikey fan but, i can assure you that more teams are using @#$%^ in their fuel for qualifying. Its not new, or trick. Its old school and these guys happen to of gotten caught. Nascar only catches what it wants to catch. And penalizes who it wants to. I dont consider MWR a bunch of cheaters, Thats every NASCAR team. MWR happens to be racers not good at cheating.

I can tell you alot about the things that go on in a NASCAR garage, remember, Ive been there.

AS for Toyota, I think they'll stand beside MWR, Its not like their known for bending rules. (JMO)

Agree with Corey, Toyota ain't going to leave MWR

according to toyota, MWR has used 2 of 3 strikes and the next toyota team that tries something like this and gets caught, they run the risk of losing toyota's factory support........i doubt the other teams will want that, unless they want to end up like bill davis racing did after the whole dodge deal........

FoxNews said this morning some type of illegal fuel,yesterday ESPN made mention of sterno,would be simple to just tell the public what the hell it is or maybe they want others to try it to see if they can get away with it.If it was Sterno,which is a jell, made up of 67% ethanol and about 4% methyl alcohol, in the intake,maybe it all didnt get washed out during the run and some of the puddin was still sitting in the intake,who knows,maybe he hired Howard K Stern as his lawyer to keep it quite.

,who knows,maybe he hired Howard K Stern as his lawyer to keep it quite.

LOL

I dont care who you are, thats just funnny.

i for one am glad to see mikey get slapped up like this. the guys an [edited out by Nick Holt, 2/15/07]. Everytime I've been within 5 feet of him the only person he seems tocare about is himself. I think there is more to come out of all of this.

I will say it sure has been nice of him to take the heat off of Kenseth, and Evernham's groups. but geez mikey, its the first race of the season with a new manufactuerer.... you've got to hire smarter guys!

if you think mwr is the only team doing what they did, think again, nascar catches what they want and penalizes who they want.

big john

You are sadly mistaken. Toyota just entered Nascar and brought a lot of money with them, and to think that Nascar would single out a Toyota at this point is totally ridiculous. Any more conspiracy theories? :lol:

Nobody has identified the illegal fuel substance that David Hyder used in Michael Waltrip's car. We've heard rumors that it's "sterno" and "Jet Fuel".

Putting 1 and 1 together, I'm thinking they might have used a type of fireplace fuel gell, a brand name called "JelFuel".

To me, such a fuel substance would be worthless in providing a performance advantage, unless some chemist figured out a way to replace the ethanol active ingredient absorbed in the gell with a nitro-methane active ingredient.

There are other absorber chemicals semi-solid compounds (metal and/or silicon hydrides) that are used to temporarily store fuel. For example, hydrogen fuel can be stored in a hydride compound and then the hydrogen has a controlled release. Perhaps Toyota has some experience with future hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, and know how to store exotic, potent fuels in a hydride compound. This may be technology that NA$CAR has no knowledge or experience.

If it's the regular "JelFuel", then MWR might be embarrassed to admit it, since the technical racing community would laugh about his "cheating" that offered no potential real benefit.

Or, it could be that Toyota racing engineers thought that they could utilize a state-of-the-art fuel storage technology that the old redneck NA$CAR inspectors would never catch or figure out.

...To me, such a fuel substance would be worthless in providing a performance advantage, unless some chemist figured out a way to replace the ethanol active ingredient absorbed in the gell with a nitro-methane active ingredient.

There are other absorber chemicals semi-solid compounds (metal and/or silicon hydrides) that are used to temporarily store fuel. For example, hydrogen fuel can be stored in a hydride compound and then the hydrogen has a controlled release. Perhaps Toyota has some experience with future hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, and know how to store exotic, potent fuels in a hydride compound. This may be technology that NA$CAR has no knowledge or experience...

Hmmm... We've heard rumors.. LOL

Nick

I HAVE A BIG FEELING TOYOTA HAD THIER HANDS IN ON THIS .THE FIRST TIME NASCAR HAS SEEN THIS IN A CAR .AND JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE THE FIRST TIME A NEW TYPE OF CAR COMES INTO NASCAR ........HMMM. NASCAR HAS TO BE ON THIER TOES FROM NOW ON .I DONT THINK IT WILL BE THE LAST TIME .TOYOTA HAS NOT FINED MIKE THAT I HEARD OF YET .

"Michael Waltrip apologized Thursday for his team's role in NASCAR's biggest cheating scandal, saying he was so embarrassed he almost pulled out of Daytona 500 preparations. "

``I didn't want to damage the integrity of the sport further by going out there and having people think, 'What's he doing out there?''' Waltrip said. ``I came real close to not running today.''

DO PEOPLE REALLY BUY INTO THIS? WHAT'S NEXT REHAB, BECAUSE HE HAS A JET FUEL ADDICTION?

He also, stated that it was an unknown individul that did this without his consent or the consent of management, was it Jimmy the janitor who was drinking jet fuel on the job and just couldn't finish it all and didn't want to waste it?

JMO <_<

Archived