Building Party! SAS RoadRunner

kn1ghtblade

I am in need of assistance with getting my car finished and am planning a Build Party for Saturday Febuary 10th, baring any delays on the cage getting in or weather related issues......

If interested in helping out, please contact me via this thread, or email rbrehm@opuskane.com, or via my cell phone at 210-387-3080... My cell is messing up right now and I can receive calls just fine but cannot make outgoing calls...

If you can and want to help please let me know, I will be providing food and refreshments (ie fajitas and beer) :) :) :) so I kinda got to get an idea before hand on how much I need to pickup from the store....

The shop is located off Military drive on the Southside and I can provide detailed directions if needed... As for tools we only lack a torch, mig welder, and air riveter gun(I plan to purchase 1 of these this weekend). As far as things to get done to the car itself, we are hopeing to install the cage, steering shaft, seat, rear firewall, dash, pedals, shifter (atleast to get the hole cut for it in floor) , close up front firewall holes, and put body back on car....

Every bit of expert help I can get will be greatly appreciated since we are totaly new to this and need the expert help/advise to make sure I have a safe and legal car... I will post more details and updates as we get closer to the 10th...

Thanks

Randy / kn1ghtblade

Randy,

dpenending on how much I drink at Sugarland i may only be eating.... Also, may determine what time I show up....

I'll bring air rivet gun and a couple of battery saw-alls.... Anything else, I'll let you know... Mig is to big to load, unless :D I'll get back to ya'

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Everything looking good for Saturday as long as the weather stays great.... :)

Anyone wishing to help please reply on this thread!!!!! I can use as much expertise help as I can get so I make sure I have a safe and sound car.... :)

You can also contact me on my cell phone.... 210-387-3080 (and yes its working again finally after 2 hours on hold and talking to 7 different sprint tech people... LoL )

Kiss

When ever you finally get up just give me a call.... My step dad had to work today anyway so he probably wont get home till around 2 or 3 anyway....

We got the rear loop tached in last night and I am going to try and get the holes cut in the floor for the front a pillars before he gets home... LOL Haveing to burn the holes in the floor with the welder... NO TORCH.... :( :(

Anyway here is the numbers: my cell: 210-387-3080 (my wife might have this with here though) Shop/Mom's house 210-922-6678 (best one to reach me at)

Moms cell (if no answer on the other number): 210-912-4712

Thanks

Randy

I am shooting to make the first one in April... I know the 2 March races are going to be real real tough for me to have the car ready Although I am takeing vacation from work the 19 -23 so I can get alot more accomplished before the March 3rd.... Basicaly if I can get the car part of it done by March I am in good shaped to get my engine back and tuned before the April 7th Race... :) :)

True oh so true.... Thats why I hope I just have the body back on the car by the beggining of March... I know if I can have it to that point the rest should really go fast.... :)

Ah, what confidence!! You haven't even finished it and you are already claiming that it "should really go fast"???

:lol::lol::D

.. I HATE TO SEE HIM NOT MAKE IT TO THE FIRST RACE .I HATE TO HEAR HE DOESNT GET ALOT OF WORK DONE ..I HATE THAT THE WEATHER DIDNT HELP HIM . HELL I HATE EVERYTHING I GUESS . SO IF THAT MAKES ME THE LEADER OF THE HATER GROUP THEN SO BE IT . :D:D:D:D:D .BUT I LOVE KISSES .......................................... YOU KNOW THOSE LITTLE WRAPPED UP CANDIES JUST TO CLEAR THAT UP .

ROFLMAO....

Thats alright I can take the heat... LoL LoL

I will let all my hard work speak for itself when its ready...... :) :)

I will need help probably this weekend and the weekend of the 24th to get the body on the car... I should have all the cage tubing done by this weekend the latest.... :) :)

ROFLMAO....

Thats alright I can take the heat... LoL LoL

I will let all my hard work speak for itself when its ready...... :) :)

I will need help probably this weekend and the weekend of the 24th to get the body on the car... I should have all the cage tubing done by this weekend the latest.... :) :)

now i dont know about the heat, but i've seen you around FIRE and you held your own...

i have an old boss who's favorite saying was "proofs in the puddin' "

may be going to Cross Canadian Ragweed Sat. I'll let ya' know....

sounds like alot of work still ahead of you.

I have a 76 olds cutlass race ready for $2,200.00.

You can be ready for the first race and slowly continue building your other car to lease it out to get you $2,200.00 back. LOLjava script:emoticon('<_<', 'smid_1')java script:emoticon(':P', 'smid_5')java script:emoticon(':blink:', 'smid_7')

:blink:

:P

<_<

BTW when i said go fast I was refering to the building process not the car going fast...

I know - just giving you a hard time!! :D

im sure the car is going to be faster than the build

Let's hope so or we will have to use a clock instead of a stop watch to get his qualifying times!!! :o

sounds like alot of work still ahead of you.

I have a 76 olds cutlass race ready for $2,200.00.

You can be ready for the first race and slowly continue building your other car to lease it out to get you $2,200.00 back. LOLjava script:emoticon('<_<', 'smid_1')java script:emoticon(':P', 'smid_5')java script:emoticon(':blink:', 'smid_7')

:blink:

:P

<_<

Randy - If you did that, I bet OT would drive for you!! ;)

Archived