I.M.C.A.

thumper

I am curious if since STS is considering goind true I.M.C.A. santion has anyone looked at the Sport Compact division?If the track is santioned this might be something worth studying.It might be a way to get a large field of cars at an affordable price.What do you think?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope I like are rules the way they are. Besides whats it matter to you,your gonna be at CC not STS. And anther thing RWD cars will be around for years to come. As long as ford keeps making the mustang there will be a RWD and Im sure ford wont make a fwd mustang. :angry:

TEN FOUR .

These imca rules are great but you would have to have 2 mini stock classes. FWD and RWD. We already have 2 mini classes, dirt and asphalt. Then you split those 2 in half again and you have almost nothing.
will between two local tracks its going to be tough .seeing we will race tps for the most part .atliest with the 7 car cant speak for the other two cars they can go both ways .but id say we will have a car at cc a few times

If other guys wanna go to CC and chase GB all year and just finish second all year long then let them. You mini-stock guys that race at CC would have more of a chance winning a race at STS then you would CC.Reason being on dirt its anyones race. Track condition always changes. One minute it can be a fast car track and the next it can be a slower car track. We had more differnt winners at the dirt then you had at CC. Some of the guys that raced CC last year that ran the dirt had better finishes on the dirt then they had at CC.JMO

TIM it came down to the have and have nots .the fast cars .had better tires .more motor money .and gb with his light car .high power . you say they will have more chance to win .well they have to beat you guys .with the money motors .and the better tires . why did you order another head .to go faster and to keep up .so where does that little guy figure in .anyone can win at cc . but you have to give them a chance .like all on the same tires .no matter the cost .cheaper is better for you get more cars .and the motors . well cheaper .not these big high power high dallor motors .that you and i have .case in point .1990 to 92 .we ran strick motor rules .more stock then anything .that cut the cost way down .then we all ran the same tires . out of 20 plus drivers .we had 5 come back drivers .15 new . 17 different winners .12 rookies won .thier first year . so you see keep it cheap keep it symple .and everyone can win .at any track asphault or dirt .

We didnt spend alot of money out of our pockets. We got a thing called sponsors. We all (everyone who wanted to beat GB) had spend more money to able us to beat this guy. I take nothin away from GB, that old guy can drive. But my point is a slower car has more of a chance to win at STS then they do at cc. Then you have somethin pop up like this IMCA crap that allows you no motor. Now why would we want somethin like that,alls thats gonna do is allow GB to lap us 19 times in a 20 lap race.

Tim,I would love to hear your and Oldtimers ideas on how to expand the class and increase the car count.With it,expand the purse.I appreciate all the confidence you have in my ability but not everybody agrees.I believe Neon Will won the most at 13 races with your brother and I sharing 5 wins each my wins at CC dont count,everybodys cars had problems.,Dont forget Todd had the fastest car of all.What you need to do right now is start getting cars together for this season.Now is the time.You might not have a class there if there are not enough cars.If STS has the best purse I might race there again.Unlickly,many STS racers are glad to race free.I hope you have great success but dont count on help from V8 guys.What would you do to attract more cars?How about you Oldtimer?Anybody?Times running out.Season starts soon.I believe a less expensive car is the answer.Thats what the claim rule is for.I might just have to patch the old Rabbit back together and go buy some cars.Might be worth the money.See,I can be negative too. :lol: Dont look for Will,he will be too busy with an occasional Pro Sedan race and taking all the money at CC Speedway with a Pro Sedan legal car the rest of the time.This is going to be an intresting year

Didn't one of those "cheap" cars win a race this year? Way to go Rick Russell. Still pissed I didnt buy that car.

Tim,I would love to hear your and Oldtimers ideas on how to expand the class and increase the car count.With it,expand the purse.I appreciate all the confidence you have in my ability but not everybody agrees.I believe Neon Will won the most at 13 races with your brother and I sharing 5 wins each my wins at CC dont count,everybodys cars had problems.,Dont forget Todd had the fastest car of all.What you need to do right now is start getting cars together for this season.Now is the time.You might not have a class there if there are not enough cars.If STS has the best purse I might race there again.Unlickly,many STS racers are glad to race free.I hope you have great success but dont count on help from V8 guys.What would you do to attract more cars?How about you Oldtimer?Anybody?Times running out.Season starts soon.I believe a less expensive car is the answer.Thats what the claim rule is for.I might just have to patch the old Rabbit back together and go buy some cars.Might be worth the money.See,I can be negative too. :lol: Dont look for Will,he will be too busy with an occasional Pro Sedan race and taking all the money at CC Speedway with a Pro Sedan legal car the rest of the time.This is going to be an intresting year

G.B. thanks for trying to make me look really good, but I think it was more like 9 or 10 and if you would have race there all year it prolly would have been less. As far as the neon at ccms it prolly wont happen because I dont think they allow a locked diff on a fwd. I dont think I will feel like swapping trannys all the time. Might run a few races here in corpus but it wont be in a neon. Not in a ford either.

Jason, that "cheap" car won two races last year remember. Yes you sould have bought that car, finnished third in points. That car sold fast because it was cheap, 800 bucks LOL! Neon Will

I dont have the answer for helping out the mini-stock class. But if everyone was to build a cheap stock car then noone would have the chance to beat a car like yours that you claim is stock. Look I know me and Ej are some of the money cars you talk about in your post sometimes but if we didnt spend that money then we wouldnt beat you,Will ,or Todd. Will made a good choice with going with a fuel injected car that has a stock motor but it isnt cheap to fix. Also he had to step it up on motor the next year to be able to win some races and champ. which costed more money.And about Todd being the fastest one I think I would have to disagree.He is fast though, but I would have to say Ej is the fastest car out there and Im sure Im not the only one to disagree. Look if we didnt spend money on our cars then we would be the ones in the back day dreaming about being able to beat you or Will or Todd. Heck Gb I have beening workin a deal for the past month for a new head package just I can beat Ej and Todd. Will I have no problem beating ON THE DIRT lol or you for that matter. Im not a racer who thinks he needs to go out and win every saterday night but I am a racer who dont like being slow and the IMCA rule crap would make me one of those racers. Id be better off quiting then there is one LESS mini-stock the class is out.

I would be willing to bet that every part on GB's car is a stock part of some kind. I would also bet that anybody can afford what GB races, but I will also bet that he has thought of stuff that nobody else in that class has thought of. He is the master of budget racing.

what gb has figured out is how to talk the tracks in to not putting all the wieght that he really needs .and noone has ever checked his motor i know he has a large motor . he has some tires that imo that are soft . he knows how to make a CAR WORK .and he is some what of a good driver .... not lately but i have smelled funny fuel fumes out of his car ,. gb if you read my reply to tim.towards the end my post number 7 then you would see what i was saying .purty close to your ideals .

Has your motor been checked?
nope .dont hide anything what do you want to know .piston size brand how much they cost . what type of crankshaft . cam shaft and size it is .carb . the head arca .valve size very big . flywheel clutch . .and im fixen to bust it down .so you are anyone are welcome to see it top to bottom inside or out .gb wont let us see his .lol

you could say there was a motor rule .we had to run the restrictor plate at cc if we ran the 7 car .

Everyone is quiet aboult the tires . tim the one main reason you dont have as many cars is the motor rule and you have already answered it once .by saying if i had to run a stock motor then 1 i may aswell stay home .2 i would just hit the lead cars .our big motors are one one of the problems .and how did the big motors get that big .trying to catch the other guy .with the same motor combo .add alittle here and alittle thier and wala . high money motors . instead of working on you driveing and set up .

Now days I dont care how good your car handles your not gonna be fast unless you got motor to go with it. We have damn good handleing cars and I promise you if we were to put a stock motor in it then we would be in the back of the pack. Im tired of hearing people gripe about money cars and that its not fair to others and all this this BS. Maybe some of them ought to try saving money here and there like I do and they will get some where. I have a money motor and i dont care what anyone thinks about it. The rules say I can run what I have and thats what Im gonna do. If it were to change then I would just hang it up.Nobody with a stock motor will be able to beat GB. Look at yalls motor ARCA Head good light bottom end and i dont think I have ever seen you guys beat GB when the times Iv seen you race CC. Not tryin to be a butthole. Im really tired of certain people coming down on the frod guys. This is my last post in this unless Im called out or ask a ?.

Now days I dont care how good your car handles your not gonna be fast unless you got motor to go with it. We have damn good handleing cars and I promise you if we were to put a stock motor in it then we would be in the back of the pack. Im tired of hearing people gripe about money cars and that its not fair to others and all this this BS. Maybe some of them ought to try saving money here and there like I do and they will get some where. I have a money motor and i dont care what anyone thinks about it. The rules say I can run what I have and thats what Im gonna do. If it were to change then I would just hang it up.Nobody with a stock motor will be able to beat GB. Look at yalls motor ARCA Head good light bottom end and i dont think I have ever seen you guys beat GB when the times Iv seen you race CC. Not tryin to be a butthole. Im really tired of certain people coming down on the frod guys. This is my last post in this unless Im called out or ask a ?.
. NOT ON STREET TIRES .DONT HAVE THE CAR SET UP FOR THEM .BUT IF GB COMES AND PLAYS WITH US IN KYLE OR SAS .BE A DIFFERENT SHOW .OR IF I ADJUST THE CAR FOR SOME OF THOSE GOOD STREET TIRES .THEN THAT WILL BE A DIFFERENT SHOW .GB HIDES FROM TPS AND HAS THE EXCUSE OF NOT WANTING TO PUT A WINDSHELD ON HIS CAR . BUT THE TRUTH IS ITS TO HARD FOR HIM TO BEAT THOSE DRIVERS AT THIER GAME .HELL ITS HARD FOR US .BUT THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT FUN .WE WOULD NOT HAVE THAT MOTOR. IF AT THE TIME TPS HAD A RULE FOR OUR CAR WHEN WE ASKED FOR A LEFTSIDE BREAK .WE WOULD HAVE A 2000 CAST HEAD IN IT .ARIAL IS STAYING WITH A 2000 FOR HIS CAR FITS THE RULE . AND WE MAY STILL GO WITH A 2000 .LATER . AND TIM DONT KNOCK SOME OF THOSE POEPLE WHO DONT HAVE THE MONEY LIKE YOU DO .YOU GOT LUCKY WITH SOME OF YOUR SPONSORS .ALSO .SAME AS WE .SO WHAT ABOULT THAT NEW GUY WHO WANTS TO GET INTO RACEN .WITH YOU .YOU JUST SAID TO BAD . NOT GOING TO BUILD A CLASS WITH THAT ATTITUDE .GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR ENDEAVORS . ;)

I dont konw where you get attitude from. Im not saying you guys are slow ,you have a fast car. I try to get people to come join us at the DIRT track in the mini-stocks. I dont have money. If I had money I wouldnt be living at home now would I :huh: . I save my money and am fortune enough to have familey that helps me out when they can. Last year I payed for everything out of my pocket,and gonna do the same this year. I get to buy one big expensive thing a year and thats income tax time :D . If I dont have money to race then I dont go to the races just as I did a few times this past year.

Archived