Can STS set up a on line registration form so those that are unable to

attend the drivers meeting for various reasons can sign up and mail

in their money and reserve their number and VOTE yes or no on the IMCA

sanctions for the Mods and the Sport Mods-----

I think if you were a registered driver from last year and are unable to

attend the meeting and mail in your money that it would sure let

STS get a pretty good idea of car count for every class

Thanks

I apologize to those that can not attend the drivers meeting this Saturday at the Al Amin Shrine. The only votes that will be accepted are those that are in attendance. Reasoning behind this, I do not want any question as to the fairness of this vote. If I allow people to mail in their vote it will become a problem, I want to be able to show everyone there that there are "x" number of registered drivers and "x" number of votes in the box. Here is the second problem, I have heard drivers that have never run at STS will be showing up to vote, I am not sure this is fair to the top 15 guys that supported more than 50% of the races in 2007. Does this make sense, the drivers that supported the track the most should have more say in the vote than the guys that made one, two, or no races at all? To accomadate this I will be issuing 2 vote cards to the top 15 drivers in points from 2006, these are the guys that will be at the races every week not once in a while, I have no idea how the top 15 will vote or even if all the top 15 will attend but the race track needs to take care of the drivers that take care of it. Hope everyone understands this and we can move forward with something everyone can work with.

Thanks

Owen Pittman

361-548-0669

maybe some of those drivers that did not race 50% of the races in '06, would have, if track had been sanctioned. there would have been incentive to run here rather than elsewhere on sat nites. some of these out of towners are probably looking at fri nite in pleasanton and continuing on to corpus for sat nite, double sanction point events. it is also a shame that some of these out of town drivers, who made the extra effort to travel to corpus for several sat nite regular shows, to not deserve any consideration of some type

I apologize to those that can not attend the drivers meeting this Saturday at the Al Amin Shrine. Here is the second problem, I have heard drivers that have never run at STS will be showing up to vote

Thanks

Owen Pittman

361-548-0669

Can someone let me know when and where the IMCA voting meeting is? I see here in Owen's comments it says Saturday. Last I heard it was this Wednesday (tomorrow). I'm making plans to go from out of town and want to make sure I've got the right date and time and place. I am one of those that didn't attend many races BECAUSE the track was not IMCA sanctioned. Had it been, I would have tried to go every week. For me, it's worth the haul if IMCA points are involved. So,... I guess you know what my vote would be.

2:00 Saturday is correct, and let me clarify, EVERYONE GETS A VOTE, now that being said, please understand I have enough common sense to realize if the track had been sanctioned last year some of you would have made your way down here to race every now and then. But I have to be concerned with the guys that raced on a regular basis plus those I can get on a now and again basis thus one reason for the vote in the first place. But a guy that is going to attend my track 17 times to race versus a guy that will attend 7 times deserves to be heard a little more, does that make sense. Last season at I-37 their car counts in the Modifieds were on average 12 to 14, at STS the actual average for the season was 20 per race for the whole seaon, in my opinion I am happy with 20 per night but I want the 20 per night to have a say in the rules and sanctioning.

This is not about fighting , bickering, getting upset it is all about you guys having a voice in the track you race at, I did not have to do this vote thing I could have left it alone and the car counts we had were pretty great but I heard from alot of drivers and I listened to them, to me there is a split group wanting IMCA and non-IMCA thus another reason I did this Vote.

Bottom line I want to have a successful short track dirt racing facility were we can all go and have fun hopefully all you racers want the same thing out of every dirt track.

Thanks

Owen

Archived