Texas Pro Sedans

Texas Pro Sedans – 2007 Schedule

San Antonio, Texas

The Texas Pro Sedans have announced their schedule for the upcoming 2007 racing season.

The 2007 TPS schedule, like most other racing schedules, “is subject to change”.

Race Date....................Track/Event (race remarks)

March 3 ($500 to win) ...San Antonio Speedway … TT & 25 lap Feature Race (scheduled with ASA 200)

April 7..........................San Antonio Speedway … 2 - 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race

May 5..........................San Antonio Speedway … 2 - 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race (with USRA MODS)

May 26.........................Thunder Hill Raceway … 2 – 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race (with TSRS)

June 2..........................San Antonio Speedway … 2 - 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race

June 30.........................San Antonio Speedway … 2 - 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race (with USRA MODS)

July 14..........................Thunder Hill Raceway … 2 - 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race

August 4........................San Antonio Speedway … 2 - 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race

August 18......................Thunder Hill Raceway … 2 - 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race (with TSRS)

September 1..................San Antonio Speedway … 2 – 8 lap Heats, 20 lap Feature Race (with USRA MODS)

September 29................Thunder Hill Raceway (“11th Spectacular”) … TT & 32 Lap Feature Race

Oct 6 ($1,000 to win)......San Antonio Speedway (“11th Octoberfast”) … TT & 32 Lap Feature Race

November 10 or 17.........2007 TPS Awards Dinner (location to be announced)

Pre-Season Practice Dates:

SAS: Saturday's - February 3, 10 & 24 - noon till dark. Pits - $20, Grandstand free.

THR: Thursday's - March 1, 8, 15, 22 - 4:00pm-dark. Saturday's - March 10 & 17 - noon till dark.

Pits - $20 car & driver, $15 all others in pits, Grandstand free.

For further information, visit: http://www.texasprosedans.com

Neil,

We are looking forward to Sponsoring several races this year with TPS. Thank you for getting Us a schedule out so early in the year. Also thank you for keeping Us advised as to all the opportunities that TPS offers...

Mark O'Donnell

Custom Control Modules

Thanks Mark...Looks like a great year for TPS...46 days left to get ready!

tps48,

it is truely a pleasure. TPS has proven to be a great series. not that any of the others are not. We wish that we could do more, even though what we do is but a small part of what it takes for Neil to put the race together and run it. TPS drivers put on a great race.

As I've mentioned in other threads, We hope to be able to sponsor several other races in several other series.

Mark O'Donnell

Custom Control Modules

Thanks Mark,WOW,another sponsor.........seems as though this series is the 4 cylinder series to race with on asphalt,due to the fantastic payout,great management,more sponsors coming onboard,and overall great racing :D

Come on those of you riding the fence and thinking of getting into racing,there are some great Pro Sedan race cars for sale,the season is just around the corner and I can assure you that if you want the best seat in racing,get a race car and....................."LET'S GET IT ON".............................Randy

Randy you are correct best seat in town .id love to see some of these big car drivers try thier hand at driveing a tps car .they would be suprised . and they would find out that they are a hand full .horse power to wieght to wheel base .these things are fun .and .MARK we really are happy you take the time and money to sponsor tps . even if its just $1 or more . we thank you .

Randy you are correct best seat in town .id love to see some of these big car drivers try thier hand at driveing a tps car .they would be suprised . and they would find out that they are a hand full .horse power to wieght to wheel base .these things are fun .and .MARK we really are happy you take the time and money to sponsor tps . even if its just $1 or more . we thank you .

ot,

randy can tell you all about my '77 Bug i used to drive. it was a 1776 with dual 40's. if i could keep the wind from under it, it was fun to drive. catch a gust of wind and watch out... we built that car for playing on the highway. i'd run camero's, TA's, 280zx's, motorcycles. it had a norris cam which was like .477 lift and 280 duration. the '77 tranny was .88:1 in 4th and the motor would be pulling at 7000. I tried to figure the top speed and gave up. I was told at one point by a guy on a motorcycle that we were still pulling at 135mph. whether thats true or not i dont know? speedo stopped at 100.

That should have been a fun car . i ran my race motor in a street pinto after race season and had fun beating up on some v8 s.just to show them a 4 banger could get it on .that was in 91 when there wernot many fast 4 bangers .now that motor would be a joke .with whats out there now .cheater power you know .had a friend who had a bug with an airplaine motor mounted to it in the 70.s this guy was ahead of his time in building crazy things . we took it around town and found the fastest car cc had at that time .highly souped up Z28 . well that z28 saw nothing but tail lights .

sorry neil,

we took this one a different direction. ot, if you make it to autorama come by the fuel injection specialties booth. i'd love to talk with ya'....

guys/gals,

it is going to be a pleasure to be part of TPS this year. we have plans for doing a bunch of racing this year and to be a part of TPS Lord willing for some years to come... randy and i have joked about taking rides in each others vehicles and at some point this year, we may just do that. i'm trying to focus on just one thing, but my nature is to have 20 or so things going at one time... with help from TQ, Sean, William and several others we will focus on 2 or 3. Ya right!

Anyways, to ALL TPS drivers and crews... May God bless you all this year... May he protect you and your families.... Please be careful out on the road and drive safe where ever you are...

Mark

jessie talked aboult making the second race cuz he thought it was the asa night .which is wrong .havent worked on the car for more that two hours this off season .havent even checked to see if the motor will run after that big hit it took at kyle .i know i have to pull it down and get the block honed . alittle warp in it and so it has to much blowby .and still have to repair all the damage and body from that wreck .so who knows we.ll see .took this winter off seeing we havent done that in 5 years .got burned out .but we are slowly getting the bug .so i plan on starting on the car very soon .cuz i also need to lisa.s car back on the track .it sit last year .if we make it you will see us .i plan on running 2 or 3 races this year if everything turns out the way it should .sas and kyle .kinda like an oldtimer race .probly scare the hell out of myself or everyone else .lol

well ...... bleep blop bloop %%%%^&&^%$&*()) . now you made me spill the beans knight .so sunday im goin to pull the motor down and take to the shop seeing i just talked to him and he warned me id best get it to him now .for he is full .see what you did . dont ask me anymore aboult that dadblasted race .now i have to work .lol so get on down here and help .

pinto with a porche motor would be :

A) fastest pinto on earth or

B) ugliest porche on earth or

C) 2007 TPS Champ

I'm still working on this mental picture... ( IT AINT WORKING!!!! )

BTW, if I have my hands in a Sportsman, Latemodel and Truck how am I suppose to do anything else. Oh did I fail to mention in a TPS car also... :D

Details to come....

Archived