Cleaning Up the Chassis

kn1ghtblade

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Randy we are just trying to warm you up /with all this love .give us a brake .

LoL Its all good.... :) :)

I can take it.... LoL LOL

You should hear some of the stuff I get from the guys at work... It would make a weaker man cry... LoL LoL

I always go by the old saying: "if you can't luagh at yourself, who can you laugh at?"

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

knight,

do yourself a favor. go to walmart and buy Castroil Super Clean (gallon or more) go to lawn and garden section get squirt bottles. go home spray it on whatever you want to clean( leave it on ) spray off with hose and repeat if you need to. If it is loose or not painted well, it's coming off ( I PROMISE )

knight,

do yourself a favor. go to walmart and buy Castroil Super Clean (gallon or more) go to lawn and garden section get squirt bottles. go home spray it on whatever you want to clean( leave it on ) spray off with hose and repeat if you need to. If it is loose or not painted well, it's coming off ( I PROMISE )

Thanks I will do that... I am just trying to get all the old grease, oil, and road grime off the chassis frame before I paint it... I am just going to paint over the rust to make it look better...

Just out of curiousity should I take the whole front clip apart (aka: control arms and steering linkage) and paint it or just leave the front clip ( aka the part that would be under the hood firewall foward) alone????

Again this is more for looks than anything else....

knight,

Thanks I will do that... I am just trying to get all the old grease, oil, and road grime off the chassis frame before I paint it... I am just going to paint over the rust to make it look better...

Just out of curiousity should I take the whole front clip apart (aka: control arms and steering linkage) and paint it or just leave the front clip ( aka the part that would be under the hood firewall foward) alone????

Again this is more for looks than anything else....

if you want it off, it will come off... i'd just paint it together. if you are looking for looks, why take it apart. some will tell you to go the extra mile, then again some will say it's a racecar and no one will see it when you are going around the track...

knight .your goal is to get that car running paint no paint . get er done .i promise i wont laugh at it . im looking on comeing up to sa .sometime soon maybe .jessie and i thought we might go up and visit .some one any one .just for the heck of it .

Knight you should have the control arms off to replace bushings and ball joints anyway. Atleast take them off to inspect.

Cant be doing it the poorboy way .you race on a big highspeed track hit the wall hurt your self track .so takes poorboys advice .

Knight you should have the control arms off to replace bushings and ball joints anyway. Atleast take them off to inspect.

I already replaced all the control arm bushings and ball joints and springs, although I need to change the springs again and still add in the shocks... :) :) :) nothing done to the steering linkage or sway bar yet though... :) :)

I will post when the building party is... :) Going to be after it warms up though, I dont like ICE!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL

what was it 38 to 40 today .and i never put a coat on .so i dont need a fire .when i built chips pinto .he would come over to help and i would have to turn on the heater so i could get some work out of them .45 to 50 degrees .forget the cold and buckle down and get to work .youll find you can forget the cold .wellll forthe most part . :D

The pressure washer we would have had access too broke and got trashed, and car is unable to be loaded on a trailer to take to car wash....

what would it take to get the car on the trailer. if you could manage to get it on a trailer you can take it to a car wash and use their pressure washer.

we have a small pressure washer, as long as you have a hose that will reach far enough away from where you want to work.

being careful with tarps is oh so true. If we need I'll bring some old towels that we can soak with water.

OT,

kinda my thought. if we have a list knight, everyone can choose a few things and before long we will have it knocked out...

what was it 38 to 40 today .and i never put a coat on .so i dont need a fire .when i built chips pinto .he would come over to help and i would have to turn on the heater so i could get some work out of them .45 to 50 degrees .forget the cold and buckle down and get to work .youll find you can forget the cold .wellll forthe most part . :D

Oldtimer try it was 28-29 all day yesterday... LoL It was just plain cold!!!!!!!

I have my list about done, just a few more items I need to mark down... I am waiting till after the swap meet to hit the car hard.. Yes I did find a cage, just waiting till next friday to go get it... Income tax gets in bank next friday + Pay day... LoL LOL Also the weather should be alot better then also....

I hope there is a ton of stuff I need at the swap meet... :) :) :)

I am hopeing for Saturday Feb 3rd to be a big building day on my car... I should have most of the parts by that date and be ready to go... Again alot of that will depend on what I can get from the swap meet the weekend before and what I have to order in from oval or smileys... If I can get a majority of the little stuff I need I think the 3rd of Feb will be the day, that and the 4th sunday....

This also depends on my weekend schedule at work, but I am working on cutting off my weekend work after this month all through the race season... :)

Archived