Tri-City Speedway

Chico125

I hope you got some good advise on setting up classes...I hope you got advise from someone other than previous owners.....

I think that looking at what works in other areas is a good place to start. Cardinal speedway in New Mexico is very successful, as is TriState in Poteau Ok.

Why not do what works in Southern/Central Texas? You start talking about IHobbies, IStocks. and a track in OK and NM. We don't have those down here. Do what works here.

I don't mean jettison what you have. I mean stay on the cutting edge. Be aware of the changes that are occurring and try to stay ahead. Don't stick with what you have until it no longer works.

i stocks were my favorite class to watch.but with BELLMEAD dropping them last season and now HOT saying they might if numbers keep dropping,i dont think i would push to bring them.TO EXPENSIVE....these cars are just not being built like before.with EGBERTS,KILLINGSWORTH,H.HENDERSON and a whole bunch more seasoned drivers getting SOUTHERN SPORTS MODS,it seems the way to go.....best of luck....frank t.

Let me chime in here guys and gals. l think I-stocks are great but lets face it they are expensive. IMCA is a great organization and I wouldn't be sanctioned if I didn't think so. I think that what has work elsewhere has worked because there is a base and foundation established. I've taken a good look at what has worked and I feel that our grass roots local classes have always been the mainstay for success. Keep it simple and develope the entry level classes and go from there. We've worked hard on these rules and I've gotten imput from all aspects of the sport; drivers, track owners, and builders. I feel we've got a good solid set of rules that will establish the pure stock for getting started and drivers can go from there. I know of one I-stock in the area, mine...but I have to change tires, intake, and carb to get back to legal so I think I'll leave it alone and race super stock (when I get to race). and by the way our rules are finished and being entered onto the website. It may be a little different but it is temporary. Rules and Registration can be seen and printed. Website is........tricityspeedway@homestead.com

I have also sent an updated set of rules to Fossil Fuels / Smiley's in New Braunsfels ( hand delivered Wed. ) and will fax a set to Gary and Chris Swenson. They will also have registration forms.

If the weather holds and even if it doesn't we are still shooting for test and tune on Jan. 1. Forecast calls for rain on Thursday and Friday but the track has dried nicely the past 2 days so if the race gods smile favorably on us and keep the rain to a minimum we will be ready on Monday. Everyone cross your fingers and say a prayer for just a little rain. Thanks everyone for your support.

Chico Cox / Tri-City Speedway

Thats actually what I was talking about when I said look at other tracks. I wasn't saying use all of their classes. If they have other classes that are growing, look into adding them. If they have classes that are failing, don't.

I personally like the I-Stocks, but much like the SLM discussion, No matter how much they are liked by a segment of the racers and the fan base, you have to have classes that will attract cars, and packed classes will attract fans.

they need to run the same rules as STS, only makes sence, at STS they can run locked rear ends in pure, why be able to run a 4412 and not have locked rear end, as well as Edna, again thats why each track struggles, each track wants to have THEIR OWN rules, lets get unified and get car count which brings fan count to get Tri cities speedway going again, chico hope you listen to the racers, were the ones who bring the cars and people with our cars.

Rules really dont match any track? WHY NOT? Street Stocks rules for your track no one would be able to run anywhere else. I think you need to have a meeting about rules or please get with other tracks. Cause if you dont change them you wont have any cars.

WELL CHICO THESE RULES LEAVE MYSELF AND OTHERS OUT,THAT WERE GOING TO TRY TO RACE AT YOUR TRACK......NOT EVERY WEEKEND BUT WHEN WE COULD,BUT WITH THESE CRAZY RULES WE WON'T BE ABLE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!NEED TO GET WITH OTHER TRACKS IN AREA AND DO SOMETHING TO MAKE IT BETTER.... JUST A THOUGHT..SURE WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE OTHER OPTIONS...

JUST MY TWO CENTS!!!! :huh:

Archived