Changes for 2007

A couple of things need to change for 2007 and I would like to see what type of discussion comes from these changes.

New Class will be the Hobby Class, it will be a combination of the Super Stock and Street Stock classes that will be on 8 inch G60 tires. There will no longer be a 10" tire class, the track can not survive with a street stock and super stock class that has 8 to 10 cars in each. I will have the rules out soon and they will allow the Super Stock cars to move down into the Hobby Class with minimal changes other than the tires of course.

Modifieds and Limited Modifieds of course will vote on IMCA or no IMCA, the track will do whatever the drivers vote. The Vote will be held at the drivers meeting in January, only registered drivers will be allowed to vote.

Line-up procedure, do we continue to draw a pill each week, do we invert by points, do we draw an invert each week, this is another big question that will be put to a vote. This vote will be for all registered drivers and on the ballot I will put down the 3 or 4 possible sinerio's and the drivers can choose.

Anything else we can change to improve our track for 2007??

Lets here what everyone has to say about these changes or any additional changes that may be needed.

Thanks

Owen Pittman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A couple of things need to change for 2007 and I would like to see what type of discussion comes from these changes.

New Class will be the Hobby Class, it will be a combination of the Super Stock and Street Stock classes that will be on 8 inch G60 tires. There will no longer be a 10" tire class, the track can not survive with a street stock and super stock class that has 8 to 10 cars in each. I will have the rules out soon and they will allow the Super Stock cars to move down into the Hobby Class with minimal changes other than the tires of course.

Modifieds and Limited Modifieds of course will vote on IMCA or no IMCA, the track will do whatever the drivers vote. The Vote will be held at the drivers meeting in January, only registered drivers will be allowed to vote.

Line-up procedure, do we continue to draw a pill each week, do we invert by points, do we draw an invert each week, this is another big question that will be put to a vote. This vote will be for all registered drivers and on the ballot I will put down the 3 or 4 possible sinerio's and the drivers can choose.

Anything else we can change to improve our track for 2007??

Lets here what everyone has to say about these changes or any additional changes that may be needed.

Thanks

Owen Pittman

Owen im not in that class but at most tracks the class"hobby class" is more of a bomber /pure class, maybe a name change to sportman or hot stock, something a liitle more down that line so theres not a cofusion on actually what type of car is in this class,jmo, what does everyone else think???

what about the dircet drive power glides

you could allow the 10" wheels and tires and let the guy with the 8" have the hundred# weight break like you did in the supers

what about fuel are you goingto let us run alcohol

I aint complaining just trying to find out as much as i can as soon as i can. so that i have time to sell off all of the stuff i cant use and try to get what i can use

I am going to allow the tubular rear clip guys to move down and run in the Hobby class. The Hobby Class will be allowed to run on Alcohol it is cheaper in the long run for everyone.

The 10" tire is expensive and you can't use pull offs from other cars.

I will try to have the rules done this week for everyone to review, remember the 8" G60 is the equalizing factor, this class will be great. The only thing you will have to change to go from Super Stock to Hobby is wheels and tires, you won't have to change anything if you already run in the street stocks but you will be allowed to upgrade some thing if you want to. There are cars currently running in the street stocks that go as fast on the 8" as some of the cars with 10" so if you run with the Street Stocks you are gaining a few cars is all.

Bobby I agree, changes hurt the classes because of cost but at the same time the track can't go on running two classes with 8 to 10 cars in each class.

The Bomber rules will not change at all, the pure stocks will be allowed to lock the rear end and no other changes, the thunders will probably not have any changes.

Owen

No I am confused, I put on here that the pure stocks only change would be to lock the rear end, the only reason for allowing that is the majority of other tracks in the state that have a pure stock class allow locked rear ends so it makes sense to allow it, there is no additional cost, were did weight jacks, aluminum intakes and different heads come from???

The STS Pure stock class is excellent there is no need to change the motor rules, if anything it is time to crack down harder on tech.

dprocars, I am not sure what you are after give me a call and I will be happy to talk to you about it.

Owen

361-548-0669

owen how do i get registered am i already registered i would like to vote for imca i heard they r going to let them big rollers rip for a year etc lots of extras come along with imca i know some people dont agree but it is the way to go esp with there insurance program and extras greg d

owen some of us bomber drivers were talking about seeing if we could run 8'' rims since some already did ,let us run 8'' rims with 70 series tires thanks also see if we can run any cam as long as its 390/410

I agree with postell69. When bomber cars from CC Speedway came over to run they ran 8" wheels and 390\410 lift rule cams in the Bomber class. I am sure that at some point we will be seeing some CC cars running at the track.

Bobby Jack

Just my opinion! Dont want the tech job or manager job!

I agree about name change,,,Hobby doesn't sound right...Hot or sportsman stock sounds like it fits the class better...

Definitley not liking the rule change for me personally, but can understand need to get car count up...wish more Supers were out there to run every weekend..

I think this is a great idea to go to a 8in wheel but think about this.....Owen maybe leaving the g-60 as a option and letting us run the hoosier D-40 for size not only the 10in cars buying new tires and wheels but having to change gear.......the d40 will run with the gear thats in the car know.........I also agree need a name change....

iwould like to see the new combined class alowed to run 8" or 10" wheels but with the 8" tires maybe even allow some hossier 26.5 x 8 tires they are the exact same price as the g-60's..just a thought

the hossier 27 x 8 x 15 are the same price as well

you could register me today

Archived