RGS nationals

jbjr

Things got off track when THUMPER started bashing the PREMADONNA over paid openwheel mods.There where over a 100 mods ,70 lmts,mods . The mods are keeping racing alive,not the entry level thunder class.There are lots of budget racers in the mods competing with big money and winning.IF THE CARS HAD FENDERS , IT WOULDN'T HAVE RAINED.

Things got off track when THUMPER started bashing the PREMADONNA over paid openwheel mods.There where over a 100 mods ,70 lmts,mods . The mods are keeping racing alive,not the entry level thunder class.There are lots of budget racers in the mods competing with big money and winning.IF THE CARS HAD FENDERS , IT WOULDN'T HAVE RAINED.

I have a Mini and just because one person chooses to say somethin about mods dont go dowin the rest of them. Mini's arent an entry level class I dont care what anyone says. Any class can be a an entry level. And I agree the Mods are the show. But as far as a track making it it cant happen without all the other class including MINI's. Heck my and a few other minis could probably easly hang with over half the Limited mods. When we ran CC we ran times the same as the Super Streets. The diffeneces is the Mods and Limited Mods are cool lookin and soundin cars. So before you go Bashing the mini stocks think before you post, not all mini stock drivers are whinners. <_<

nice bruce lol

Rookie49,

Saturday night at the drivers meeting while it was drizzling the promoter told the drivers he was going to pay so much money IF there was in fact a rainout also Sunday. Well there was and he paid way less than what he told the drivers Saturday during that meeting. That is basically why the racers are so pissed off.

Jason,

Thanks for the info. I guess what I was getting at is everyone has a right to expect the pay they were told when they entered. If the guy promised something more at a later date, I would say that is something they ought to say "great, but I'll wait to see that happen when it happens." I'm not neccessarily defending him, I'm just saying that if somebody promised something that was too good to be true, well he was wrong, but don't get suckered into somebody else's promises. There's a good chance the guy had the best intentions, spoke out of turn (which was stupid) and then just wasn't able to back up what he tought he could do.

Based on Johnny's post, it looks like he paid out the whole purse---and he paid all the way down to the last place. No one knows who would have won the race out of the 12 that actually qualified so each got $1000. Most races I've been to that have gotten rained out, you are lucky to get your entry back.

If he had kept some of the money we might have a gripe, but he paid everyone! I wonder if any of the bottom 86 are on here griping.

But Jason, no one started the mod race. There's a thousand senerios from that point, so he chose to pay everyone with the purse that was promised. He made the decision to split it up the way he did. I can't say it's right or wrong, but we did get paid something.

We went to Red River (No. TX Asphalt Mods) and paid entry for a 2 day show, got rained out, couldn't make the rain check and haven't gotten any money back yet.

I think I like Johnny's solution best so far.

EL PRESIDENTA What did you here johnny say at the drivers meeting saturday?I thought i heard him say what he would probably do,but it didn't sound definite.There was a lot talking going on ,i couldn't hear very well.Then sombody got up and whanted to give a HUMMER ride to everybody.

First off, quit being such weenies!

Thumper has a point to a certain extent. Mods and Limited are only a part of racing, however, they are the biggest part no matter how you slice the pie. Face the facts. I think it's BS the way things have been for the "closed wheel" racers at RGS too... but look.... ask any fan what type of racecar they would get into if they had a chance to drive. They aren't going to say " Oh I want a thunder car"..... everybody wants to play with the dogs. JMO As far as Big Money Teams... I only know of a handful of people you could be talking about. We like our hobby, what's the problem with that? We like good equipment, what's the problem with that? There's only SO much money that can be spent on a racecar anyways... reading your comments, I think you want a bigger bone for the same ol doggy trick. JMO again.

As for what happened with RGS and the payout. Y'all ALL missed something. If you aint from around here I aint talkin to ya. Who cares what he paid out... people think that's why "the driveline crew" is mad... ehhh WRONG. This was the 16th annual Modified Nationals, that people like ME look forward to all year. I'm pissed because a select few individuals ruined my favorite race of the year. A race I tell everybody about. People from a long way away come down here, just to have fun down here in the Valley. He could have handled it different, and not gave this race a black eye for next year. If we have a next year. Trust me, I knew Johnny was Johnny before he made a stupid decision about the pay. I didn't expect any less. I shouldn't have been so vulgar with Johnny, but I lost my temper... nobody deserves to be treated with such disrespect, and I'm ashamed for how I acted. But at the time, I saw red. Nuff said. Could have handled it different. Period.

And someone didn't offer a Hummer ride jackass, it was my Dad, and he offered to pick up the bar tab down the street to make everyone feel a little better about not getting to race that night.

If you don't like what I said in this, or any other post. Tuff.

Archived