2007 season

dt8435

2007 is going to be the best year ever for South Texas Speedway, how is that. I am currently going over rules, schedule etc. and preparing it all to be rolled out as soon as possible. I can tell you we will run another Febuary race just one, but we will not get real deep into it until March. The ASCS Sprint Cars will be here on May 27th for sure. We will have our banquet in January most likely the 27th, we will have out registration meeting prior to that. Modifieds and Sport Mods will be voting on IMCA sanctioning, each class will be an independant vote, so if the Sport Mods want to be IMCA and the Mods don't I will do that. I am reworking some of the General Rules where we start by points average and things like that. I am going to listen to all the drivers and make this a great season for everyone.

Hope this helps.

Owen

RICHBOY;hate to burst your bubble,but you are wrong....camero a arms were never legal in imca.nor were the pinion angle used on many of the cars.imca checks the pinion angle,not the trailing arm lenght.we could talk about engine,drive shaft lenght,but i think perhaps you see the point.you want to talk about rods and forged pistons?.some say makes no difference,then why is there a rule written on them?frank t.

you look at car count at STS and other IMCA tracks, and STS seems to be doing the right thing, there getting a good car count and good fan cout, most IMCA mod tracks are stuggling to get 20 mods a night, not knocking IMCA, there are alot of great benifits from going IMCA, but as the ol saying goes, if it aint broke...dont fix it.

open wheel modifieds sounds much better, imca is a can of worms,more money out of the tracks pockets to promote it and like boerne says,if it aint broke.......... dont fix it. car count was real good and i dont believe anyone racing from february to november at sts was really worried about state or national points.we race for fun and had a blast this past season. keep it the same owen.

Archived