"Announcing the Aircooled Pro Sedan Drivers for 2007"

Randy Larsen

Richard Garcia built that chevette. Tube frame chassis. Started out with chevette engine...switched to 2.0? FWD engine w/camaro bellhousing.(camaro & Firebirds used this bellhousing) Nice car. Richard raced it as #0 for a while.I think Dishman got it and traded it in to Steve Foster for the #2 mustang.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i knew you would have the answer your a walking talking tps history book .just open a page on here and waaaaaaaalalallllllllllllllllaaaaalalllaaalalala. now do you remember doug .and fat man .and remember scott and john .what happend to that minni couper that helt the track record at cc for many many years before lalo broke it and bill don and the 15 broke lalo.s and what happend to that sabb fast car .

Last I saw of the old mini-cooper, Ray Drews from Navasota had it. That was one fast car,light weight & small motor. I think the saab is still sitting in Jetter's barn. I remember the Sullivan boys, their pintos were like tanks.( quite a contrast between their cars & the mini-cooper)

Last I saw of the old mini-cooper, Ray Drews from Navasota had it. That was one fast car,light weight & small motor. I think the saab is still sitting in Jetter's barn. I remember the Sullivan boys, their pintos were like tanks.( quite a contrast between their cars & the mini-cooper)

What a coincidence... I just happened to talk with Anthony Jetter earlier this evening about bringing that SAAB 900 back to the TPS series.

Under the current TPS rules his car would have to weigh 2089 pounds with his 1999 cc SAAB engine. It has an OEM frame and a stock cast iron head so the SAAB could run with 57% left side weight.

By way of comparison, back then (the late 1980s) the SAAB was required to weight 2500 pounds and could only run 55% left side weight.

It was mighty fast back then even though they were running treaded tires. In fact, he managed to click off low 22-second laps at SAS (21.91 is the current TPS SAS record) and the SAAB still holds the TWS 2-lap record. I imagine if Anthony were to pull that thing off the jack stands (it's been in his heated 3-bay racing garage all this time) he'd be right up front once he dusted off some of the cobwebs!

Nick

i always liked that car and with the wieght he could run now .we all would be in trouble .

the last time i saw that couper race at tws i was sitting in the stands and he would get in turn three and run so low we could not see him if it wasnt for the yelow paint . and was still hard to find when he was in front of you .

Friend or relative???

With all the new rules out giving Fords even more, I bet if a new car is built to the rules, it will be a Ford!!

(Standing back now as the pot has officially been stirred :lol: !!!)

Relative of course... My last name is Lee if that helps. It would definately be a Ford.

Tim

better known as randy Rule Maker lee /tell him to bring it on we.are not scared.

It wouldn't be a full time deal, maybe just some races here and there. They are going to put most of thier concentration on the late model.

they going to change out that quick change rear end and run that car .havent seen that car race yet .everything else should be legal unless the motors to far back .

No, the Pro-4 will never see a track in Texas... unless it is a Pro-4 race. They would have to add about 5000lbs to it to make it legal. :lol:

Tim

Friend or relative???

With all the new rules out giving Fords even more, I bet if a new car is built to the rules, it will be a Ford!!

(Standing back now as the pot has officially been stirred :lol: !!!)

Relative of course... My last name is Lee if that helps. It would definately be a Ford.

Tim

Well the line up for 2007 keeps getting more and more interesting. A full field of fast cars and talented drivers should continue the streak of TPS being the series to watch. It would be pretty cool if you do make it out for a few races.

getting locked in at tracks for 6 to 8 races makes it easier to plan your season .sas and thunder create some excitement . those are two really fun tracks to race at .just alittle far for us to run full time and costly to travel to every race .but we should make a few .maybe more than this year .just have to see .besides we want to win at sas atliest one more time .and get that monkey off us at kyle .and get a win there .just have toget the grease off the door handle so.s to open it for a win . and now we have some new and old racers comeing back it seems .so its going to get really tight . LETS DO IT . now if cc can get on board that would be even better .

mike 48 you get my pm

"Any TPS rookies besides myself want a practice or two?

I'd be willing to split the fees of the track?

I know it might be awile but keep it in mind.

#10"

I would be interested in sharing practice sessions with someone at San Antonio or Kyle.

Thanks,

Ja Lane 85 832-651-5850

you have oldtimers young timers and in between . any other timers .now if we could get some neon timers and that sabb back .really would send neil and staff to the funny farm . who,d want to be a teck man .id say randy would retire from ever doing that again .and randy you want march to get here to darn fast seeing you spent most of the season on the side .i can understand that .but if it gets here to fast ill be in the funny farm .im already close to the looney farm as it is . .i dont know if ill servive to live to 51 which will be march the 2 . so for my birthday let us win sas lol .we have three cars toget ready .and not enough time to do it right now .unless you want to come on over and help .

Mike ,I was hoping that you were gonna come help me,I have the bug to fix and two motors to build for the Meeks-Meisen-Kreuger race team so I am gonna be buisier than the one legged man in an a-- kicking contest,but rest assured the Aircooled German Thunder will return in force in 2007.............so Mike when can I expect you at my house for some rebuilding :D .............Randy

Mike ,I was hoping that you were gonna come help me,I have the bug to fix and two motors to build for the Meeks-Meisen-Kreuger race team so I am gonna be buisier than the one legged man in an a-- kicking contest,but rest assured the Aircooled German Thunder will return in force in 2007.............so Mike when can I expect you at my house for some rebuilding :D .............Randy

randy i have a hard enought time figureing out which direction those bugs are heading .both ends are twins .ill probably try and put the motor in the wrong end .. [ HERBIE TYPE MOTORS ] hows that sound .

Besides Mike is already taken he is supposed to come up here and help me finish my car... LoL J/K

I just had to throw my 2 cents into this conversation..... LoL :)

its worth two cents now . dam moveing up in this world arent you .who handles your investments .lol if you want me to help get me a motel room so i can help randy too .and i like my stakes medium rare .

Archived