Last nights races

champ1796

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you weren't at the races last night you missed a great show. Super Stock was won by a car from Dallas area #174 I don't know his name. Pure Stock saw 30 laps of hard racing between # 44 and # 4 Abraham Mares III Charley and # 44 both drove a very clean race Mares gave him all he had but had to settle for second place but as he said " They knew the # 4 was here and raced each other Clean and put on a great show, well be back with young son Abraham IV racing next time" The win went to # 44 a class act also super nice guy and great crew it was our pleasure to race you so clean and hard. Thunders were won by a VW Rabbit , a Texas pro Sedan lost the battle with the front wall coming out of turn 4 . I'm sorry I don't know the drivers names since we are from out of town Poteet and Hondo. In the Super Stock # 84 Patrick Kelly gave #174 all he could burning off the right rear and blowing a tire with 5 laps to go Super effort by the Northside Ford entry next time . The track looked like asphalt during the features a little rough but very fast. Harlin Covert and Wesley Skains from Kerrville area came down to race for the first time and had problems getting a handle on the track Skains slid into turn 4 wall and broke a right front rotor and bent lower ball joint and lost left rear tire, but started the feature to get his lap in the get prize money . Harlin Covert left the Feature with Ignition problems thanks for coming down from Hill Country Raceway to play at STS. The rest of the races I don't know but had alot of cars and a fair fan count even with the cool weather. See ya fot the Thanksgiving Race in a couple weeks . Also Chico the new owner of I-37 Speedway soon to be Tri Cities Speedway came to race looking to hear things from him when all the paperwork is completed good luck. Glad to see Dennis Hilla comin to play along with wife Janill and also Cassy Hunter also .Great to see ya'll again Sorry I ran on so much I guess that is the announcer thing in me. Rainbow Man

None, I think all the tps guys were scared to show up. Figures. It was a tube clip car that looked like it was made to run dirt. Heard it was not legal in TPS because of engine set back but it had a windshielf with tps on it. Think the name was Josh Baldwin. He didnt have much motor though.

None, I think all the tps guys were scared to show up. Figures. It was a tube clip car that looked like it was made to run dirt. Heard it was not legal in TPS because of engine set back but it had a windshielf with tps on it. Think the name was Josh Baldwin. He didnt have much motor though.

Hey Jason - Thanks for the information. But on your comment of the TPS guys being too scared, well that was kinda rude. TPS had their annual Awards Dinner in San Antonio that night, and more than 70 drivers, crew members, sponsors, TPS officials, and their families attended, supporting their organization. Could the drivers from TPS have attend the "run what ya brung race" and missed out on the award banquet...Sure, but most of the cars are already on jack stands and getting ready for the 2007 opening race at SAS on March 3rd, when we run the opener with the ASA cars. OK, not really with them, but on the same night.

So all you TPS fans, come out to the season opener at SAS on March 3rd and watch us, and you will get a bonus race watching the ASA cars!!! :P

If you weren't at the races last night you missed a great show. Super Stock was won by a car from Dallas area #174 I don't know his name. Pure Stock saw 30 laps of hard racing between # 44 and # 4 Abraham Mares III Charley and # 44 both drove a very clean race Mares gave him all he had but had to settle for second place but as he said " They knew the # 4 was here and raced each other Clean and put on a great show, well be back with young son Abraham IV racing next time" The win went to # 44 a class act also super nice guy and great crew it was our pleasure to race you so clean and hard. Thunders were won by a VW Rabbit , a Texas pro Sedan lost the battle with the front wall coming out of turn 4 . I'm sorry I don't know the drivers names since we are from out of town Poteet and Hondo. In the Super Stock # 84 Patrick Kelly gave #174 all he could burning off the right rear and blowing a tire with 5 laps to go Super effort by the Northside Ford entry next time . The track looked like asphalt during the features a little rough but very fast. Harlin Covert and Wesley Skains from Kerrville area came down to race for the first time and had problems getting a handle on the track Skains slid into turn 4 wall and broke a right front rotor and bent lower ball joint and lost left rear tire, but started the feature to get his lap in the get prize money . Harlin Covert left the Feature with Ignition problems thanks for coming down from Hill Country Raceway to play at STS. The rest of the races I don't know but had alot of cars and a fair fan count even with the cool weather. See ya fot the Thanksgiving Race in a couple weeks . Also Chico the new owner of I-37 Speedway soon to be Tri Cities Speedway came to race looking to hear things from him when all the paperwork is completed good luck. Glad to see Dennis Hilla comin to play along with wife Janill and also Cassy Hunter also .Great to see ya'll again Sorry I ran on so much I guess that is the announcer thing in me. Rainbow Man

I'm sorry it was a yellow # 14 good lookin and fast but it stopped real quick when it saw the front wall tough luck

i agree with hart. to me jason is just putting tps down every chance he gets. what do u mean by saying figures jason. r u saying tps drivers are scared to race? pretty brave talk for a rookie who cant even get out of the way without cheating on his carb.

lol

It just seems like whenever Owen has a big stock car race theres a reason cars CAN'T race. Thanks to the people who do show up. The streets and sportsman that didnt show were scared to. Apparently you clowns dont have any sense of humor. And that carb was a POS. Just have to show you I can prob do better with a working 4412. Why wont TPS run at STS?

i agree with hart. to me jason is just putting tps down every chance he gets. what do u mean by saying figures jason. r u saying tps drivers are scared to race? pretty brave talk for a rookie who cant even get out of the way without cheating on his carb.

TPS cars will not race a non TPS sanctioned race.I tried as early as 1984 to get some of the guys to show up for a big race my ministock club hosted with money we made selling advertizments on our program.With TPS its less about the race and more about the organization.To race somewhere else would be like a bike club member riding in someone elses club.This is the 3rd championship race and what happened?I was a little asahamed the CC Speedway guys did not show also,I dont think its an alligence thing with them.What we did have was a handfull of REAL racers who gave this race everything they had.I was proud to be a part of such a group.It was an endurance race as well as fast.The mini late model has raced in Pro Sedans in the past as well as the 15 car.They are making plans to do it again next year.The 14 was Jimmy Baldwin from Round Rock.This was his first time on dirt.After the heat race I helped him with tire pressures,going down from 20# to 8-10 like those Hoosers like.He was geared too tall and tried to run a higher line to get RPM.I forgot to tell him about marbels.His first brush with the wass broke the RF brake and he found out on the next lap entering turn 3 without brakes.His Dad,82 years old was driving the 11 car and had really soft rear tires.He is an old CC driver,Cuttahay and Riverside driver.The RR gave out and he tagged the turn 2 wall but that pole grabbed the diff right out of the car and the burm on the exit flipped him hard several times.I think we should call that old man corner,thats where Horn flipped a couple of weeks ago.The 6x and 00 were cars from Rio Grande Speedway a couple of the original Thunders from a decade ago.The rest were Corpus cars that everyone knows.Todd blew a big hole in his Integra V-Teck engine and EJ lost a clutch.I just got lucky my junk heald together,I had about a 4th place car.This week I am going back to RGS for that "last" race of the season.They have a good bunch of young drivers that race as hard as anybody.Minis of Corpus,I guess we blew it,with only 16 cars signing up and over 30 cars in the city, I would not be suprised if we were left off the next time.2 more cars would have bumped us to the next pay scale.For those who did go,attaboy.Its good to seperate the racers from the pretenders.And congrats to Rick with a bone stock Neon driven by a fearce competetor.Oldtimer,talk about fairness and equality,look at the finish.VW,Neon,Nissan,Ford,Toyota top 5.Beat that players. Thumper :ph34r: Rick,I could only afford a round for myself but I thought about you when i belched :lol:

i like gb he wont run tps .unless its in cc .his car just isnt fast enough i guess to play with tps .they are to fast for him real racers you say there are some really good racers at the dirt track and tps .and i say you have raced against jessie lalo .does that mean they arent racers seeing they dont race dirt gb .hell give me a few nights back in a car and ill show you a racer too.and i can drive both dirt and asphault .so gb dont knock us . i dont recall you being at sas and thunder hill when real big money was paid out .and not one person made a remark aboult you not be.ing there and you had that night open by owen to race there if you wanted to . but you cant handle those drivers .where were you that night and dont give me that long haul stuff . you can drive up north and race you can drive to houston and race .so that isnt the problem .

i like gb he wont run tps .unless its in cc .his car just isnt fast enough i guess to play with tps .they are to fast for him real racers you say there are some really good racers at the dirt track and tps .and i say you have raced against jessie lalo .does that mean they arent racers seeing they dont race dirt gb .hell give me a few nights back in a car and ill show you a racer too.and i can drive both dirt and asphault .so gb dont knock us . i dont recall you being at sas and thunder hill when real big money was paid out .and not one person made a remark aboult you not be.ing there and you had that night open by owen to race there if you wanted to . but you cant handle those drivers .where were you that night and dont give me that long haul stuff . you can drive up north and race you can drive to houston and race .so that isnt the problem .

I'm sorry about the double quotes,but i have to say i was riddled by Jasons remarks. I'm sure and hope your remarks were jovial and promotional,rather than negative. I have a brother and friends that race that class that would'nt appreciate that response. I would suggest you try and figure out how to make RACING more friendly rather than knock drivers. I enjoy all classes and tracks and hate to see any Yahoo try and demean any class,track or drivers. I've come to understand you are determined and dedicated, but try and be a little more empathic rather than condascending. Racing revolves around FANS and DRIVERS that make it fun for everyone!!! FRED

Well Mike since you call me by name,I will do the same.You say I am not fast enough to race Pro Sedans and your right.I only have one trophy and a hand full of 2 and 3 finishes.I know you guys have lots more.Point is I have run PS and also dirt and pavement.This year I have won on 3 different tracks.I have nothing to proove.This weekend I am going to race my car in McAllen although I have nothing to gain.They are trying to get the minis going agaiin and need my car.I am going to do it to support the effort.People around Corpus did not find that important enough to support the cause at STS.You PS guys dodt need anyone else.Its not unlike buying tickets from your neighbors kid for a school function even though you wernt going to use it.The PS races with big money had more entrys than positions so going could have meant stiitng out if they used points to make the field.Anyway its over now.And I have raced Lalo and Jessey on many occasions and got to see you drive at Stevens last race.My question to you is why are you even on this forum since you dont support this track at all?Guess what,nobody here needs your comments without any support to go with it.JMO.Im in a bad mood. THUMPER G.B.

My question to you is why are you even on this forum since you dont support this track at all?Guess what,nobody here needs your comments without any support to go with it.JMO.

i've been wondering this for awhile now, so maybe Nick should start a general forum just for guy's like Oldtimer and some others that just wanna post to see their post count go up. you know what they say" DON'T SING IT BRING IT!!" but like GB said it's too late now. Hell maybe your lost and someone just needs to give you directions to the T.P.S. forum

well gb when i saw you added my name to your post that gave me permission to reply and you do add me into your post even if i havent replied on any subject .and all you yahoos talk aboult me posting on yahs forum s best look in the mirror .yah have also replied on tps forums without being invited .and texasspeed zone i belive was created for everyone who has anything to say can do so .sorry i didnt see anywhere in speedzone that said you have to stick with your own series in order to reply .if that is in the fine print i would love for all of us to read it and abide by it .other wise you are welcomed to reply anywhere you want . oh gb im not mad i dont get mad on here . just becuz i havent made it out to the track does not mean i dont support the track .i have told poeple where they can go see raceing in cc and where that track is .i could if i didnt support the efforts of all involved at sts .drivers and staff never bring up sts raceing to poeple who want to go see raceing .but i dont have anything against sts and the drivers . we wanted to race a couple of races at sts it just didnt work out for us this year ./ iallmost forgot this one at work we are asked to give out coupons for sts not requeird .if someone ask for ..then and if we like we can give them out as a gift .i which both cases i do .and have gone the exstra mile to find some when we are out .if i didnt support sts and you drivers all i have to say is we are out . case closed .good day .

:lol::lol: You saying your out of coupons probably helps the track more than hurts it since the people are likely to be heading out to the track anyways. Oldtimer I went to CCSpeedway one time this year (damn did I just say that). Was a night STS rained out. I challenge you to come to STS for the BIGGEST race Corpus has seen in a while. The Turkey Shootout! Will you chicken out? Probably and we will just call you a turkey. Nah you better stay home seeing all the cars might turn you.

jason can i have a spot as one of your pit man .i promiss to be good lol .and if there is enough money to be paid .i might take you up on an ideal to stand out on the track and see if someone has the nerve to run over me . nah would not want to damage someones finder .but it just might fill the stands with some real fruit cakes .the coupons were from the track and i know some who didnt go for us being out of those . and some that went as well . now i havent been out there and talk is yah have a good show .thats good . maybe ill show up for the turkey shootout .but to run over me you.d have to drive up in the stands . should i make it easy for you to locate me .lets say a turkey suit .

I didnt say I wanted to run you over. Don't want to have to repair anything else on the car. I'm just saying hey I went to CCSpeedway one race, you can come to STS for ONE race and see some REAL racing! No you cant be on my pitcrew. You will take 4 sparkpluggs out. lol I'll look for the old man in the turkey suit.

J

Nobody ever mentioned anything about the street/hobby race. Don't know about from the stands, but it was a damn good race from my drivers seat! I've seen quite a few races at STS this year, and there have been some good ones, but you normally don't see guys mixing it up like Saturday night.

Archived