Stock Car Championships

Just because a driver has a modified doesn't mean he is wealthy!!! I know a bunch of modified drivers who race in that class because of the challenge and that is where their heart is, not because they have a ton of money to spend . Let's not classify somebody because of what they drive. Does mini stock or pure stock = poor.....I know of some cars in those classes with a bunch of money (probably too much for the payout but that is their perogative) invested in their cars.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just because a driver has a modified doesn't mean he is wealthy!!! I know a bunch of modified drivers who race in that class because of the challenge and that is where their heart is, not because they have a ton of money to spend . Let's not classify somebody because of what they drive. Does mini stock or pure stock = poor.....I know of some cars in those classes with a bunch of money (probably too much for the payout but that is their perogative) invested in their cars.

Well I know me and my brother are two you might be refering to which I have no problem with at all. We have alot of money in are motors probably more than what most people spend on there v8s and way more than what I would make if I won every race of the year. But to me its not about the money its about going out and havin fun. If i did have to money to buy a fast competative mod I would and also a little more driving experience. I have a blast driving mini stocks. I agree with you on your post. :)

I just thought I would bring this thread up again to inform those who think purse is not important to look at what happened at RGS because of purse payouts.Remember these are the wealthiest people racing.They surely dont need the money.

I may have misunderstood Thumper in his previous post. At first I thought he was justifying dozens of modified drivers that got the shaft last weekend. But after reading it again, I might be wrong. Regardless, I wasn't singling anybody out. I was just making a statement.

Don't get so upset. I'm not picking on the ministocks. I like racing. I like sprints, F-1, dirt track, asphalt, pinewood derby, mule, whatever. I don't have a car and and I don't race. I think that too many of the promoters have thin skin and the racers complain too much. I guess that makes today's racers different from the oldtimers. NOT. These are the same arguments they were having in 1974 at Razorback speedway right before the owner sold it to Planter's peanuts so they could build a factory on it.

Owen,

I don't know you, and I've never been to your track, and I haven't read all of your flyers, BUT... I wasn't going to your track for this race, but now I hear that you had a lower car count than expected and I think you should you refund at least a portion of the ticket price I didn't pay so that I will think that you are not a scam artist. Also I promise that if you will pay more than I deserve, more than I earn, more than you advertise and more than you can afford I will buy a car with a 4 cyl. engine and come race at your track.

Sincerely,

Me.

PS All this time I thought that wwwhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnneeee noise that came from the ministocks was the 4 cylinders. Guess I was wrong.

;):P:D

Please do buy a 4 cylinder and come down...I assure you the "whine" you will hear will be from several of the 4 cylinders passing ur a$$ up!! Let me know what race you will be attending...I will come down from Houston to make sure I attend...you can start in front of all of us... :huh: OOPS! Did I say that?? B)

I have a lot of fun on this board and sometimes I get testy, and I'm sure some people that read some of my comments get the same. Ask Jason. But at the end of the day there's no hard feelings on my side, hope there's not on anybody else's. I will say that as an outsider looking in- the majority of what appears on this board is complaining and it starts to sound like whinin' after a while. In this case I guess what I mean is that I hear all these guys bashing this owen guy for doing one thing and then the other side bashing him for doing another. It seems like he's just doing the best job he can and no one is ever happy. You'd think he was in politics or something. ;)

As to buying a ministock. Well If I was to talk my boss (wife) into letting me buy a racecar, I would have to buy a whole racecar. You know one with the whole motor, 8 cylinders and all that. :lol:

Somebody post the address of this place. I'll mapquest it. I'm gonna have to come down and watch you guys. I hear so much about it, I think I would have a good time. Besides if you guys are half as rough with each other on the track as you are to each other on here it will be a good night of racing. :)

hey oldtimer........... find something else to do but post all winter. go to bed,hibernate,dream about all your major victories,and what you could of been and then start your own website so us that want to be informed about the racetrack dont have to scroll thru all your bs to get to the news and updates.or get back to the cc website. you dont have a car, or even work on a car that races dirt, [edited out by Nick Holt, 12/6/06]

hey oldtimer........... find something else to do but post all winter. go to bed,hibernate,dream about all your major victories,and what you could of been and then start your own website so us that want to be informed about the racetrack dont have to scroll thru all your bs to get to the news and updates.or get back to the cc website. you dont have a car, or even work on a car that races dirt, [edited out by Nick Holt, 12/6/06]

simple dont read it .the time you took to post your thoughts towards me ,you could have read someone elses post .and i would have been just a passing thought .but to each his own .i respeck your imput .

Archived