Stock Car Championships

Let me get this straight. Owen pays exactly what it says on the flier. Nobody reads it or can't comprehend it , so it is his fault. Just don't make sense. And guess what the whining is from the mini stock class once again. Doesn't matter if they are called texas thunder cars or ministocks they whine about everything. JMO

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me get this straight. Owen pays exactly what it says on the flier. Nobody reads it or can't comprehend it , so it is his fault. Just don't make sense. And guess what the whining is from the mini stock class once again. Doesn't matter if they are called texas thunder cars or ministocks they whine about everything. JMO

Hey poorboy,

Be careful about saying the entire class whines about everything...I don't see Will, Todd, EJ, Tim, Charley, me, etc. etc.etc. etc. whining about anything...so take some of your own opinion advice and read ALL of the posts before generically grouping an entire class together negatively. JMO

I believe at OT's age they're called Depends. :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, it's "depends" if he can get them on right!!!! :lol:

rick i sent you those pink depends you ordered thats the last you.ll get till you pay up .did you like the black and orange ones..

believe it or not .my son and i were going to go to races last night .and something again came up.some knuckle head called in sick and i had to work and close the store . how where the races .

Rick not every racer whines, just always seems to be from that class. Been that way since the early 90's. Everyone knows who they are so nobody thought I was talking about you or the others you mentioned.

poorboy,

I understand what you're saying, but name any class that hasn't had some kind of "whining" at one time or another...the nature of the beast. Just got my feathers ruffled when I read the post...

rick i sent you those pink depends you ordered thats the last you.ll get till you pay up .did you like the black and orange ones..

believe it or not .my son and i were going to go to races last night .and something again came up.some knuckle head called in sick and i had to work and close the store . how where the races .

I guess the black & orange ones were ok, but in the future please refrain from sending me your used ones!!!!! LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(you really ought to go get checked out! black & orange stool CAN'T be a good sign!)

We the messages are clear.The purse as it was paid at the race said" Although its a championship race,the biggest of the year,your top prize is 1/3 of what you ran for all year." 150 minus 40 entry fee leaves 110 as top prize.Owens message was this did not seem fair so he adjusted the scale up one position.I dont know if he did the same for super stocks that started the same nomber of cars that we did.My message was the adjustment was fair seeing how hard the guys raced with all the mechanical diffuculties and crashes.The message from the V8 guys was " You guys should take your scraps and shut up about it." A lot of these V8 guys race for start money already so money is not an issue for them.It will be intresting to see if flying 34 keeps racing at sts when CC starts paying the big purses in his class next year if indeed they do.The message from Rick was," Many of us do shut up so you shut up."The message from poorboy by saying YOU GUYS is " I forget my roots and minis are not really a part of the racing family,they should not be heard from.I am done talking about this.The season is over for Thunders and I am looking at next year to see what my options are.Yes OT,I will chase the money.STS will put together the program they feel best suted for their needs.On a happier note Charley York of Mathis in the Pinto # 15 won the Thunder Car Championship race at Rio Grande Speedway Sat nite.He is a regular at STS and this was his first win for Baldwin Motorsports in Round Rock his sponsor.He had a door to door battle with a RGS regular Joey DeLeon of Donna in the Little Debby sponsered #6 Toyota.Joey was later DQed for an unapproved exaust so Pam Cartet was awarded 2nd in Thumper,the # 77 Scirroco from Harlingen.13 cars took the green in a race that had hard chargers with ages ranging from 13 to 50,male and female,FWD and RWD.The points championship ended in a tie and Im sorry I dont know all the people but the info will be posted by RGS soon.A special thanks goes out to the Tomlison family for providing 2 and 3 place trophies plus extra money in the purse. It seem some V8 teams do appreciate what the minis do and we appreciate that.Now lets get ready for a fantastic 2 weeks of open wheel racing at 2 great tracks.

YES!!! Finally got a win, I was getting tried of Looking at that word "Thumper" on the back of your car all Season. haha :lol: And I am still waiting for that cake you talk of.... One last thing, There is a soldier dying for us to have Freedom of speech right now at least you can do is use it. Its not crying or wineing, Its saying what you feel, Some ppl thought they get screwed, Proved that it wasn't correct Said they were sorry. Time to get over it, And get ready For next year "LETS GO RACING BOYS"

i would hope that if Owen offered the super stock drivers a personal check that they would refuse it. Owen paid exactly what the flyer said he would pay. They have wroked hard all year giving us a local track to race and should not have to dig deeper because a few cars felt that they were short changed. Just my personal opinon and my right to freedom of speech not calling any names or pointing any fingers just saying what i see. I hope that Owen and the rest of the STS crew do not take it personal and continue to give us a place to race next year. I think that we should all be gratefully that we dont have to drive and hour or more each weekend i dont know if anyone has checked but 9 to 10 miles per gallon pulling a trailer with a car on it adds up really quick and i would almost bet that there would be a lot of people that could not afford that every weekend. As long as STS has done what they posted that they would do should be no problems after that. Again thanks STS and all that were involved in making a great place to race. As far as some saying that they will just go to CC because they have bigger pay out good luck maybe they will be open for more then a month for you. But it does not get any better then the dirt. Thank you David Terrell

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought I would bring this thread up again to inform those who think purse is not important to look at what happened at RGS because of purse payouts.Remember these are the wealthiest people racing.They surely dont need the money.Thank goodness Owen did not deal the samy way although the circumstances were different.You can follow this story on Who Won,I dont think Nick would allow such comments on here.Confindence is like the love of a woman,you can do good for a long time but one act of unfaitefulness can destroy it forever.I hope RGS can recover from their turmoil,thats what happens when a track caters to one class and forgets about the others.Maybe now they can go back to STOCK CAR RACING.Every class is important.

Owen,

I don't know you, and I've never been to your track, and I haven't read all of your flyers, BUT... I wasn't going to your track for this race, but now I hear that you had a lower car count than expected and I think you should you refund at least a portion of the ticket price I didn't pay so that I will think that you are not a scam artist. Also I promise that if you will pay more than I deserve, more than I earn, more than you advertise and more than you can afford I will buy a car with a 4 cyl. engine and come race at your track.

Sincerely,

Me.

PS All this time I thought that wwwhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnneeee noise that came from the ministocks was the 4 cylinders. Guess I was wrong.

;):P:D

Owen,

I don't know you, and I've never been to your track, and I haven't read all of your flyers, BUT... I wasn't going to your track for this race, but now I hear that you had a lower car count than expected and I think you should you refund at least a portion of the ticket price I didn't pay so that I will think that you are not a scam artist. Also I promise that if you will pay more than I deserve, more than I earn, more than you advertise and more than you can afford I will buy a car with a 4 cyl. engine and come race at your track.

Sincerely,

Me.

PS All this time I thought that wwwhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnneeee noise that came from the ministocks was the 4 cylinders. Guess I was wrong.

I have not raced a mini stock at STS but I assure you that this class is not a group of drivers that complain as much as the next driver. I have seen a bunch of good drivers race and advance with great success from this class! Every class is just as important as the next. The difference in motor,drive,and suspension is totally unequal and they still manage to put on a very unpredictable outcome. With that said, I see where there might be a problem because of the variety of cars over any other class,but they still try there asses off to entertain the fans as well as enthuse others to attend a great show. Whiners are just as bad as people trying to negate future drivers from enrolling!! Lets all think positive and lets see what happens. I have been very pleased with the efforts and the outcome of fans and drivers this season. I know a handfull(probably alot more) of racers and families that attend every weekend and LOVE it. Yes, someone will have a problem with something, but thats just racing. I am sure it is very hard to please a herd of drivers from every walks of life,but be a little more explicit and empathetic on your gripes. Think before you talk!! As a fan and potential driver, I just want to see racing in general succeed, no matter what track. Thank you STS for filling my need!! FRED

Owen,

Sincerely,

Me.

HAHAHA your not funny. If you have a car bring to STS and race the minis no matter what car you have. Im willing to bet you probably would ave trouble with a few of the cars out there.

Archived