Stock Car Championships

Charlie,I take full responsibility for the confusion over the Thunder Car payout because I did not read all of the flyer.Had I seen the full page I might not have husseled all you guys so hard.Could be thats why many teams did not show up,they could not count 24 cars.I only looked at the first place money because as a racer thats the only position that counts.And Shrimp,any racer concerned with the money they race for is not bitching,he is being smart to know his business.Its OK if you want to race for free but others may not want to.Yes Owen was up front with the prize money but it turned out not to be such a great deal for the Thunders.Its not the fault of those that showed up,they did show up.The Super Stocks also only started 15 cars and finished 4. so Im sure they got cut too.Its just business.A racer needs to weigh his options,like a gambler dont bet what you cant afford to loose.So Johnny and Shrimp dont get fussy with people concerned with payouts,its their right and responsibility to their own team.I guarntee you a big modified race will not work with an iffy payout. Just remember attitude is the most important thing.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Owen did exactly what he said he would do in the flier and then some. Besides i was kinda thinking that we were going out there and racing because we liked it and it was fun. I doubt that anyone out there is trying to make a living at racing. Granted its nice to have a little extra cash to buy tires and parts. I would be willing to bet if 30 cars would have showed up Owen would have sweetened the pot a little just because there were more then expected. It would be nice if everybody could just go race and have a good time and we didnt have to read all of this neagtive stuff the next week afetr a race.

I will be sending out a check to these guys:

1. GB Carter - $100

2. Rick Russell - $20

3. Bennett - $10 (Car 0) I will bring yours to the Nationals in McAllen

4. Chaley York - $10

5. Joey Deleon - $10 I will bring yours to the Nationals in McAllen

6. Randy Smith - $10

7. Cody Limerick - $10

8. Nellie Kellie - $5

These will be the purse upgrades per the advertised purse.

I will mail out a check this week if I have your address, if not I will try to figure out how to get it to you.

Sorry for the inconvience.

Owen Pittman

361-548-0669

i feel the same way about pay. i will never justifiy what i spend to race with what i earn at racing. i dont make crap when i race. i race strickly for the thrills and fun it brings me. hell when im racing i got the biggest shit eating grin ya ever saw........ owen has never not paid or tried to cheat anyone out of a pennie. ill race anywhere he puts on a race if i can afford to get there cause i know its gonna be a good show and is gonna be as fair and fair can get.... a big thanks for all the races owen puts on and many more to come. like i said i dont care what the money is i just race for fun and to shoot the breeze with all the other drivers.

THANKS ALOT OWEN FOR A GOOD SHOW AND A GREAT TRACK TO RACE AT>>> limited mod #2 KENNEMER :)

What the.......!!?? Damn, I need to start bitchin about everything or just say that I did not read all the flyer. It could earn me an extra $200! Owen, pay what you posted on the flyer. Don't need to do anybody any favors. If you were wrong then that is one thing, but I can read and I am sure everybody else who was capable of putting a racecar on the track can read as well.

well hell Owen should give me a bonus after practice on friday i was the only one all year to hit a tire and make it stand up and stay that way.

naw just kiddin Owen..but it was funny the way that tire stood up rolled a little way and stayed like that

i think bountyhunter is right pay waht the flier says. i know i aint racing to get paid im happy to be racing

maybe Owen should put on one more race after the turkey shoot..All classes that will come.everbody pay 25 bucks to enter. no winnings just for fun. let it all go to the track for next season..

I just want to say thank you for the purse upgrage Qwen.It means a lot to most mini drivers to be considered important enpugh to be concerned with.Its great that so many people are willing to race without a purse,that says a lot about how you run your organization.This is the first time I have seen a purse increase after the fact and if it was because of my crying,I can live with that.Many times I have seen purses cut,sometimes drastically,for various reasons.Car count,fan count,weather,ownership changes.many times at the big show itself.One race in Beaumont wes cancelled at the event because the promoter did not have permission to use the track.The owner of Almeda Speedway took off the last nite of their existence with all the money points fund and all and nobody got paid even the employees.This is the first time Its gone the other way.For all you who want to call me a crybaby,its OK,I dont care.Just remember what happened to Riverside when they started paying by gate %s.Thanks again,,G.B.Carter

WHY DO SOME PEOPLE ALWAYS COMPLAIN ABOUT BULL_ _ _T,CAN'T WE ALL GOING RACING WITHOUT CRYING ABOUT STUPID SH_T!OWEN & GARY HAVE GAVE US A GREAT PLACE TO RACE,NO MATTER WHAT THEY HAVE HAD TO GIVE UP IN THERE PERSONAL LIFE'S ,WITH THERE WIFE'S, GIRLFRIENDS,KIDS,ETC. WE AS RACERS SHOULD BE THANKFULL FOR ALL THEY GAVE.....SO LET'S GO RACING & HAVE SOME FUN IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!SHOULD ENJOY WHAT WE HAVE,ATLEAST WE HAVE A GOOD TRACK TO RACE AT!!! PEOPLE DO NOT REALIZE HOW MUCH WORK IS INVOLVED MAKING IT HAPPEN WEEK IN,WEEK OUT.

THANK YOU GARY PERRY&OWEN

DANIEL DUNCAN #10 STREET STOCK

saw your last name i know sam when he live in jackson woods the house trailor he bought was from my mom patsymccain .i dont know if you knew her .i used to deliver fed ex to orange grove .if im correct you live thier .or did .that pinto he used to race was the last car i built for me .

Archived