"Breaking the Plane"

Pacecar

I read Pat Mayberry's report on the TSRS race at the Spectacular (front page TXSZ news).

It mentioned that New had position on Smith due to "breaking the plane". I might not be a rookie, yet I've never heard of such a rule before. Is this a TSRS only rule.... or is it for any class that races at THR..... or what? Is this rule intended to replace the old rule of thumb to give racing room to any competitor that was up to your door? Maybe it only applies to certain racetracks?

- Pacecar

It's probably different at each track. When we raced at HMP this year they instructed drivers that once your right front tire was inside the left rear of the other car it was your lane. If you got into them or they got into you and either/both spun, at that point, they went to the back. When we ran dirt at Shady Oaks, the right front had to be at the door.

Once the plane is broken it is your lane...but as a driver also I know you can't always know that unless your spotter lets you know. If you break the plane and the other driver comes down...what do you do. We all know it's better to back off than wreck. (Most of us do anyway ;) )

I would assume that the TSRS officials need to be talking to the drivers to let them know when the plane has been broken. Or do they leave it up to the spotter for the driver being passed to give up the position? I guess that's why it works in football and not in racing!

"Breaking the plane" needs to stay in Football !! Things happen too fast out there,

and most Drivers are not going to know in time that the "plane has been broken"

its just going to promote spin outs. I would think most drivers know when they are getting a good run on someone, and its usually farther up than the rear bumper.

just my opinion ... no harm no foul

Is this a TSRS only rule.... or is it for any class that races at THR..... or what? Is this rule intended to replace the old rule of thumb to give racing room to any competitor that was up to your door? Maybe it only applies to certain racetracks?

- Pacecar

Pacecar,

I think this rule can be found in the rule book right below the no shifting on restarts rule and right above the all involved rule. Which is on the page right after the race doesn't start until 1 green flag lap is completed rule. Or, maybe it was on the page right before the you can race but you don't get any points rule.

Ok, now I'm confused, it might have been on the same page as the anything in that price range rule but I'm not sure. I know it's a rule somewhere... :P

Seems to me the point is that 2 guys want the same piece of real estate. One has to give. Its not something that will get decided in a rule book. If one guy cares about his car and the other one doesn't, well he's going to win every time. If you want someone to give you the right of way well I guess that you need to street drive where there are traffic signs and lights. The whole point is that ITS RACING CRASHES HAPPEN and every one of them is someone else's fault, is no one's fault. The lack of good wrecks is why all the fans quit coming :lol::lol::lol:

This is what always works for me, You need to be far enough up on someone that when they turn down, and alot of times they will, they just bounce off instead of spinning. That's just my rule of thumb because I'm not going to the back for someone turning down on me.

FIRST DOWN GREEN BAY. :D

there is something you don't hear alot lately

go packers :(

there is a total lack of respect in our form of racing these days. there use to not be a 'plane to break' you just did the right thing whether you like the person or not.

times have changed , due to a lack of experience and a fat wallet some people would rather be talked about for winning - not for the way they won.

don't get me wrong , there are alot of guys that are good clean racers , but there #'s are dwindling because they are getting fed up. they are either quiting all together or showing their teeth.

it takes zip ,nada, zero , absolute talentless individuals to win with a bumper. they probably stand in front of the mirror doing their best earnhardt impression while tweeking their nipples.

FIRST DOWN GREEN BAY. :D

there is something you don't hear alot lately

go packers :(

there is a total lack of respect in our form of racing these days. there use to not be a 'plane to break' you just did the right thing whether you like the person or not.

times have changed , due to a lack of experience and a fat wallet some people would rather be talked about for winning - not for the way they won.

don't get me wrong , there are alot of guys that are good clean racers , but there #'s are dwindling because they are getting fed up. they are either quiting all together or showing their teeth.

it takes zip ,nada, zero , absolute talentless individuals to win with a bumper. they probably stand in front of the mirror doing their best earnhardt impression while tweeking their nipples.

lol you get the checkerd flag for that . crazy for president.

Archived