"AFFORDABLE V-8 STOCKCAR RACING"

landlord

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But right now it's pretty much SUPER LM or nothing.Super LM=Super big bucks.

WHAT, the TSRS series is the largest LM series in Texas right now. This new class WILL NOT be cheaper than running a tsrs LM.

HOW MUCH WILL THE TIRES COST????????

I am looking at the HMP LM classes!!!They have not decided on the exact tire yet but it will be in the $100 range.What motor and shocks do the tsrs lm cars run?and are they allowed to have cambered rearednds?

That is sweet and I did not know that.Probably because TSRS only runs in Houston a few times a year.What do the shocks cost?and what kind of motors do the TSRS cars run?Is the TSRS class the most affordable LM to run?

I bought my lm for 6k under what your selling these cars for. It came with extra wheels, tires, hubs, rotors, body panels, etc, etc.... The wheels being 8" are cheaper than buying 10". The tire will be about the same price(unless you go to Smileys sale in January and get them for about $90 ea)... Shock prices very, you have some running high dollar shocks and some running bilstein and the cheaper Ohlins.... JMO, Overall you can find a proven tsrs-lm with parts under your 16k. The new car that your selling, the first thing you do is go buy wheels, front end parts, extra tires, etc, etc. That jacks the price up over $20k..... Now if these CHEAP cars could be bought for 10k and also buy spares for a total of $12k to get started it might be a good deal, but your cost is at or over the tsrs-lm... And tsrs is a proven series, so you know what your getting into......

If your doing this for the racers and not to make money, the trucks would be the best route. BUT everyone has their own objective.....

Good Luck

couple of questions?

1) where did picture come from of practice/ race you posted.

2) cost of spec motor? new vs refresh....

3) cost of spec shock?

4) cost of body/panels when wreck?

5) didn't notice trannt mentioned, what transmission?

6) cost of tranny and will it only be available through series?

Shane has brought up a good point and I'm not trying to discourage you.... why not run trucks?

Shocks are $100.00

This is a five star stockcar body. You can see them in their catalog.

You keep comparing a used LM with the price of a new stockcar. Please do not do that. We are not comparing ourselves to a LM, especially not a used LM. . This car can be raced for a lot less than any LM. This is not a LM, it is a stockcar.

That is sweet and I did not know that.Probably because TSRS only runs in Houston a few times a year.What do the shocks cost?and what kind of motors do the TSRS cars run?Is the TSRS class the most affordable LM to run?

I bought my lm for 6k under what your selling these cars for. It came with extra wheels, tires, hubs, rotors, body panels, etc, etc.... The wheels being 8" are cheaper than buying 10". The tire will be about the same price(unless you go to Smileys sale in January and get them for about $90 ea)... Shock prices very, you have some running high dollar shocks and some running bilstein and the cheaper Ohlins.... JMO, Overall you can find a proven tsrs-lm with parts under your 16k. The new car that your selling, the first thing you do is go buy wheels, front end parts, extra tires, etc, etc. That jacks the price up over $20k..... Now if these CHEAP cars could be bought for 10k and also buy spares for a total of $12k to get started it might be a good deal, but your cost is at or over the tsrs-lm... And tsrs is a proven series, so you know what your getting into......

If your doing this for the racers and not to make money, the trucks would be the best route. BUT everyone has their own objective.....

Good Luck

What kind of motor do the tsrs cars run?Do they allow cambered rearends?

Good Luck

What is the truck rules as far as Tires,motors,shocks,tranny,rearend?Where do they run?

Shocks are $100.00

This is a five star stockcar body. You can see them in their catalog.

You keep comparing a used LM with the price of a new stockcar. Please do not do that. We are not comparing ourselves to a LM, especially not a used LM. . This car can be raced for a lot less than any LM. This is not a LM, it is a stockcar.

Sorry, I was asked a question about the affordability of the lm.

The Sportsman package C: complete body for your stockcar $1743

The ABC offset LM package C: compete body for my car $1891

What brand shocks?

What tranny?

What motor and cost, how much to freshin?

What chassis?

Just wanting a detailed description of the car to see why its so affordable....... Specifics......

Shocks are $100.00

This is a five star stockcar body.  You can see them in their catalog.

You keep comparing a used LM with the price of a new stockcar.  Please do not do that.  We are not comparing ourselves to a LM, especially not a used LM. .  This car can be raced for a lot less than any LM.  This is not a LM, it is a stockcar.

Sorry, I was asked a question about the affordability of the lm.

The Sportsman package C: complete body for your stockcar $1743

The ABC offset LM package C: compete body for my car $1891

What brand shocks?

What tranny?

What motor and cost, how much to freshin?

What chassis?

Just wanting a detailed description of the car to see why its so affordable....... Specifics......

ditto

This is not a LM, it is a stockcar.

You can call it whatever you want, it's your car/series. However, the term "stockcar" is generally a generic term used to describe just about any of a variety of oval track type cars: late model stock cars, street stocks, hobby stocks, etc.

Based on what I've read so far and the pictures you've posted, those are late model stock cars. That's what the fans will call them, and that's what the racers will call them.

arts22-Sounds like great tire and wheel specs!what motor&tranny does the tsrs cars run? Are you guys allowed to run camber adjustable rearends?

landlord,

go to manracingpromotions.com and you will find all the rules for tsrs.

The trucks:

tire of choice hoosier 970 $100 or less. You get alot out of this tire(its a treaded tire)

Tranny: turbo 350 automatic, good for beginners..... And CHEAP

motors: crate 602 or a 305 open(with rules).....

Shocks: steel body (I used bilstein 7" $69.99ea.)

Rearend: gm 7.5" NO LOCKERS

Fuel cell: 15-16 gal

Well the rain has stopped and I have to get my butt to work so I can afford to race.I started this post to get some input on what the racers would think about it.I knew going in that a used LM/with some parts could be purchased for the kind on money these guys want for a new car.In years to come the price for one of these cars "used"will be down there with the Allison(7k to 9K).But that don't help me right now.My main thing is cost of operation.Looking at the Houston classes the way the rules are right now there is no inexpensive cost of operation V-8 class out there.I am looking forward to the answeres of my questions on the trucks and the tsrs cars.But even then,since HMP does not run the trucks at all and the tsrs cars only a few times a year I will have to figure in the total cost which includes fuel and travel time since we are driving from the Beaumont area.I understand that factor is not as big for you guys that are located mid state but it is a big one for me. :D

Just corious, but isnt the bodies you are looking at running, a type of flange fit body similar to what the old ASA Cars used?

Guys keep in mind to have a series you will need cars, whos building these car and do you have enough man power to build enough cars throughout the year to supply customers, or will the customer be told there is a 8-10 month wait time for these "Stock Cars"?? Just wondering all of these thing, you go on the internet to get feed back and when someone has disagreed with you, all you have to say to them is "This isnt a LM its a stock car" Do you have a finished product yet? dont want pics that you already posted want pics of the "NASCAR" type chassis you will utilize, and what type of suspension? Where will the racer buy these suspension parts?

Thanks

J.C

PS more questions to come later.

Archived