"AFFORDABLE V-8 STOCKCAR RACING"

landlord

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This class is not trying to attract the guys that have the big budgets and can afford 15 to 20 thousand dollar dry sump motors,high dollar shocks,camber adjustable rearends and brake systems that would make the Trumpster raise his eyebrows.Not to mention the Tire bill that is completely out of hand.More power to the guys that can afford all that neat stuff.The middle man is what these guys want,the guy that wants a full size stockcar with a V-8 engine without all the high dollar upkeep.We have great entry level classes and great full tilt boogie classes but no middle man class.The dirt guys are on to something with the affordable V-8 UMPs and the pavement tracks should not miss the boat.Average Jo still wants to race and he wants to race full size cars with V-8s not 4 bangers or motorcycle engines.A spec LM class sounds great but there is no such animal out there I wish that there was one.(a true spec LM)I have been looking to buy a Pro LM,but now the Super LM are allowed in the Pro LM class with a 200 pound penalty,but 700 more RPM.Thats like taking a knife to a gun fight and hard to compete with.It's happening for only one reason and thats to get car count up and I understand that,but having to buy that motor takes a 20 thousand dollar car and turns it into a 35 or 40 thousand dollar car.Then you still have to fork out $650.00 per race for tires.Oh and don't forget that the High dollar,high hosepower motors break too!!!!!! :o

I didnt know that the Sportsman LM and Pro Late Models were that more expensive to run... Why not limit what you have in the Sportsman LM with some cost saving rules instead of putting out another class and diminishing the car count you have now...

How about we take all the SLM's run under an updated version of the old TIDA rules including the 9 lb's to CI. rule, any body , any chassis. Give a 2% Left Side advantage to the Perimeter cars. 400hp crate motor cars 2850lbs. No V6's . $250 Claim on any one shock. Teams are only allowed to buy 2 new tires at a given race. Run 75 lap all green flag lap features at all tracks. I only say that since were wanting to start new classes and all....

You have a great idea.I like it,but there is no class out there like that.If we could consolidate some of these LM classes and put them all on a level playing field like you are proposing that would be great.If someone does this they still need to get a handle on the tire bill.I just want some form of affordable V-8 racing for the middleman and I think these guys are on the right track!!!!! :D

If you want an economical class, why not jump on the trucks. A top not truck goes for 10k-14k with lots of spares. Your 16k stockcar will turn to 20k+ just in spare parts. To the average fan these cars will look like a LM or SS, or a combo of the two. Your running at HMP, when the tsrs LM's come to town. Thats already 3 different lm classes running and your wanting to add a similiar class(thats what it will look like to the fans). With the trucks you'd have atleast 12-15 starting out.... Do you have 10 cars that have already been built and sold? Who are the 10 drivers that have these cars? Just doesnt make any since to me.

I will stick with TSRS for now way too much invested to change , I dont think this is to much cheaper of a late model class ,jmo , is this going to be a traveling series or just run at HMP. Not sure of the intent of presenting this class but the super late model drivers and owners will most likely not be interested ,thats why they run the super late models so they dont have the "speck" in the rules. The ones in TSRS and houston late models allready have cars parts and I cant see them or I parking a $20,000 late model so they can buy and race a $16,000 "speck" car. JMO and $16,000 is not much of a entry level class of racing,if you can aford that then a little more is not a problem .

What kind of LM can you buy for 20,000 brand new?

The stockcar is taller and the length is shorter than a LM. It does not have the long sleek nose of a LM nor is it as wide as a LM. It will look similar because it is a full size car but it will not look near as sleek as a LM.

PLEASE LISTEN!!!! We do not want to take away from the LM. I love the LM class, I just do not want to spend that kind of money on racing. I was brought up in a spec race car and I want to continue racing a spec car. I just want to run a V8 spec car and there is not one out there, not until know. :)

If you want an economical class, why not jump on the trucks. A top not truck goes for 10k-14k with lots of spares. Your 16k stockcar will turn to 20k+ just in spare parts. To the average fan these cars will look like a LM or SS, or a combo of the two. Your running at HMP, when the tsrs LM's come to town. Thats already 3 different lm classes running and your wanting to add a similiar class(thats what it will look like to the fans). With the trucks you'd have atleast 12-15 starting out.... Do you have 10 cars that have already been built and sold? Who are the 10 drivers that have these cars? Just doesnt make any since to me.

Who sells brand new trucks for 10 to 14 thousand?

I appreciate the motive of landlord. In theory it is a good idea, only becuase I have raced an Allison Legacy. I see a few problems. The cars can only be run at HMP, what happens if somehing happens to the track or God forbid you have some money issues and need to sell the car. The market is very very small and being a class for the middle man that has got to be a consideration. A SLM the market is endless to resale the car if you had to unload it. Another problem is once again we are going to split the classes that already have low counts. I for one am very concerned about the direction of Asphalt racing in Texas. We have a Pro Late Model class that is actually not a Pro Late Model class and very very unfair because purpose built dry sump motors are now included with no time limit to conform to Pro rules. A Sportsman Class with only three cars for the last race. Most of all 4 tracks that cannot work together. Why can't we just find a way to bite the bullet and make one strong class with the same rules so we can enjoy HMP and other tracks across Texas and the country, like ASALM rules. One premier class the fans can become accustomed too creating a fan base and one set of rules for everyone. As far as costs the 10 car and 000 car use the same set of tires for at least two races and numerous practices. Our cars cost less than $20,000 ready to race.

Why buy a new one, when you can buy a proven one. I guess the only way to get this stockcar is to buy a new? could you answer the rest of my questions..........

I appreciate the motive of landlord. In theory it is a good idea, only becuase I have raced an Allison Legacy. I see a few problems. The cars can only be run at HMP, what happens if somehing happens to the track or God forbid you have some money issues and need to sell the car. The market is very very small and being a class for the middle man that has got to be a consideration. A SLM the market is endless to resale the car if you had to unload it. Another problem is once again we are going to split the classes that already have low counts. I for one am very concerned about the direction of Asphalt racing in Texas. We have a Pro Late Model class that is actually not a Pro Late Model class and very very unfair because purpose built dry sump motors are now included with no time limit to conform to Pro rules. A Sportsman Class with only three cars for the last race. Most of all 4 tracks that cannot work together. Why can't we just find a way to bite the bullet and make one strong class with the same rules so we can enjoy HMP and other tracks across Texas and the country, like ASALM rules. One premier class the fans can become accustomed too creating a fan base and one set of rules for everyone. As far as costs the 10 car and 000 car use the same set of tires for at least two races and numerous practices. Our cars cost less than $20,000 ready to race.

Kirby I agree with your post 100%What kind of new late model sales for 20k raceready?

Here is a pic of the bodies we will be running.

This car has never been built. We did not want to start construction until we had 10 guys dedicated to start the league.

I would like to see a Ford body, but I have not found one. If you know of one please let me know and we will add it. We have 13 guys that want to run this car. Interest is growing very fast.

Why buy a new one, when you can buy a proven one. I guess the only way to get this stockcar is to buy a new? could you answer the rest of my questions..........

If you want the name of the drivers commited call Sammy.I cannot argue the rest of your post because I agree with it.I LOVE LATE MODELS,I WANT TO BUY ONE.Even though the tire bill is pricey I was looking at the Pro class but then at the end of the year the big motors got factored in.BIG motors cost BIG money and still break.

We are going to run the 10" grooved tire by Goodyear. We talked a lot about running the 10" slick. We feel the grooved tire will last longer. It will not stick as good, but it should last longer.

Again I want to say THIS IS A STOCKCAR, not a LM. There will be no comparison. You guys keep talking about buying the car. You all know that buying the car is only the start. Running the car is where the money is. Buying those $3,000 shocks and sending them off to be worked on. NO THANKS.

That was my point exactly about finding an affordable SLM car. We found ours second hand and in very good shape. I purchased a brand new rolling chassis in Chicago for $9,000. I have made changes and updates but that is going to happen even with your car. Everyone takes the risk of destroying a race car in all classes. Once again, I admire the steps to make racing better and involve more people. I just think it can be done with what we have.

We are going to run the 10" grooved tire by Goodyear. We talked a lot about running the 10" slick. We feel the grooved tire will last longer. It will not stick as good, but it should last longer.

Whats the price for the racer, to buy thiss tire?

Landlord,

TSRS runs 8" tires that cost $107.88.. These tires can last 3 races and practices..

Kirby

With 10 cars we can run at several tracks. Our plan is to make this league national. We are not limited to one track. We are not going to be limited to one track. We are going to offer this series to other tracks. We want to run this stockcar at kyle if they will let us. If we have 10+ cars they should let us run. We have to start somewhere. I want to thank you all for your input, please keep it coming.

That was my point exactly about finding an affordable SLM car. We found ours second hand and in very good shape. I purchased a brand new rolling chassis in Chicago for $9,000. I have made changes and updates but that is going to happen even with your car. Everyone takes the risk of destroying a race car in all classes. Once again, I admire the steps to make racing better and involve more people. I just think it can be done with what we have.

With a spec car there would be no changes or updates allowed(just like in the Allison class)A 1996 Allison chassis is the same as a 2006.I am not one of the 10 guys who have ordered a car.I am however in the market for another car and Sammy has been working on me hard.When I look at all the V-8 classes the way they are structured right now the ANS is nice option.The 10 guys that are committed are all true racers that show up to the races everyweek.Kirby,I agree if you could unify some of the LM guys and get them all on a level playing field(big vs crate motors)do something about the high dollar shocks and tires that would be great,But right now it's pretty much SUPER LM or nothing.Super LM=Super big bucks.

We are going to run the 10" grooved tire by Goodyear.  We talked a lot about running the 10" slick.  We feel the grooved tire will last longer.  It will not stick as good, but it should last longer.  

Whats the price for the racer, to buy thiss tire?

Landlord,

TSRS runs 8" tires that cost $107.88.. These tires can last 3 races and practices..

That is sweet and I did not know that.Probably because TSRS only runs in Houston a few times a year.What do the shocks cost?and what kind of motors do the TSRS cars run?Is the TSRS class the most affordable LM to run?

Archived