"AFFORDABLE V-8 STOCKCAR RACING"

landlord

WHAT IF: There was a 100% "SPEC" car class that ran a full size car that is based off of a Nextel racer with a slider front suspension and 3 link"J"bar rear. WHAT IF: This car came with a sealed 360HP "SPEC" crate engine a "SPEC "transmission and a "SPEC" quick change rear end. What if: This class was so dedicated to keeping racing costs down that they run hard compound "SPEC"tires,cost friendly "SPEC" sealed shocks and inexpensive "SPEC" steel wheels. WHAT IF: (In the name of keeping costs down) The whole package was finished off with "SPEC" hubs,"SPEC" brakes,"SPEC"fuel cell a basic gauge package and your choice between a "SPEC"Charger,Monte Carlo or Grand Prix fiberglass body. WHAT IF: I shared with you the fact that there are 10 dedicated racecar owner/drivers already commited to this class. WOULD "YOU" BE INTERESTED IF:This whole package retailed mid $16,000 I am talking about the AMERICAN NATIONAL STOCKCARS or (ANS) This class is catching everyones attention because it will be the most inexpensive V-8 Stockcar ever to hit a track.This class will run the 2007 season at HMP.If mid state racers get on board the ANS plans on trying to work something out with Kyle.Randy Anderson will be building these "SPEC" racers and insuring that they stay "SPEC" through the years.Randy takes great pride in his work so the quality and craftsmanship will be there.Sammy Maye is handling the sales and promotions of the ANS class so if you have any questions call him at 713-398-2241.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What late model class runs spec everything?

I didn't mean it to sound like I was saying "exactly like the current HMP classes." It just seems to me like with two existing crate engine LM classes, another spec class might be too much, especially when the current classes don't have huge car counts already.

What late model class runs spec everything?

I didn't mean it to sound like I was saying "exactly like the current HMP classes." It just seems to me like with two existing crate engine LM classes, another spec class might be too much, especially when the current classes don't have huge car counts already.

The big engines have taken over LM and the modified class at HMP!Spec tires and shocks are the biggest deal.The tire bill on a late model is through the roof.

SMH..... Get the dead horse ready for this post.....

On Edit : Do we as a racing community really need another class... Series or otherwise?

We need an affordable V-8 class.The day of average joe racing is just about over.Everyone wonders why car count is down.Plain economics racecars have gotten too expensive.Look at the UMP class on the dirt,While all the other classes are being done away with,they are thriving because the UMP is an affordable racecar.The Allison Legacy is cheap but has no power.A full size Allison type car with a V-8 sounds like a fun car to me!!!

sounds like a late model version of the allison legacy class.......

And look how big that is!

I'd love to see this class.

soooooooooo would i.......

I've been waiting for a class like this to come around.

I know alot of racers don't like the idea, but it really does keep

the racing affordable. I race dirt and asphalt. I have seen a trend

at all of the tracks I have raced at this season. Dirt #s are up, and asphalt #s are down.

It is because of car count. Lots of dirt racers everywhere! Because it IS cheaper.

And the attendence is great at the dirt tracks I race at.

Why? Lots of cars with the same H.P. and the same very basic "spec" suspension.

It all equals very close, affordable racing.

I, on the other hand, really prefer asphalt racing, but there isn't any series that really

appeals to me. We race on a very limited budget.

What it really boils down to is, I can out drive a whole lot more people than I

can out spend. Any type of racing that puts it into the drivers hands is cool with me.

TDCA #05

This is a stock car, not a late model. We have designed and are going to build, and keep the rules so it is all set up and driver, not the Dollars!!!!!! If you can afford to run a late model then by all means please do so. I love watching them but I can not afford them. I race an Allison Legacy and it is a very affordable 3/4 stock car. This stock car will be just as affordable, but it will be full size and a V8 crate motor. This league was put together by racers, for racers.

Sammy

I will stick with TSRS for now way too much invested to change , I dont think this is to much cheaper of a late model class ,jmo , is this going to be a traveling series or just run at HMP. Not sure of the intent of presenting this class but the super late model drivers and owners will most likely not be interested ,thats why they run the super late models so they dont have the "speck" in the rules. The ones in TSRS and houston late models allready have cars parts and I cant see them or I parking a $20,000 late model so they can buy and race a $16,000 "speck" car. JMO and $16,000 is not much of a entry level class of racing,if you can aford that then a little more is not a problem .

I didnt know that the Sportsman LM and Pro Late Models were that more expensive to run... Why not limit what you have in the Sportsman LM with some cost saving rules instead of putting out another class and diminishing the car count you have now...

How about we take all the SLM's run under an updated version of the old TIDA rules including the 9 lb's to CI. rule, any body , any chassis. Give a 2% Left Side advantage to the Perimeter cars. 400hp crate motor cars 2850lbs. No V6's . $250 Claim on any one shock. Teams are only allowed to buy 2 new tires at a given race. Run 75 lap all green flag lap features at all tracks. I only say that since were wanting to start new classes and all....

Those are great ideas. You guys keep changing the rules and you will for sure kill the Late Model classes. One of the first things we decided was to not to have any rule changes for 5 years. We are not asking anyone to leave any class. You guys that can afford to run a Late Model keep spending those thousands. I am not going to spend over $3,000 on a set of shocks. A set of shocks will be $400.00 for this stockcar class. I do not want to buy a set of slicks every race. I want to race my tires for 3 to 4 races. Ask the 000 how much it is going to cost him to rebuild his Late Model. It is going to be as much as one of these stockcars cost new.

For your info a new Allison Legacy will cost you over $18,000. These cars new will retail under $17,000.

Again guys, this is a stockcar. This is a simple inexpensive stockcar. It will be a big spring car with weightjackers. It is basically designed like a cup car with simple adjustments. No high end parts.

For the guy who made the comment that this sounded like a shop trying to make money on crate motors. All businesses need to make money to stay in business, but we are going to take a % of all the profits and put it back into the league. This league was designed by racers for racers.

Thanks for your feedback, good or bad. We want this to be a great league.

Archived