Donnie Moore STASHES TPS

Hey ford12 you expect us to go buy dirt tires and spend hauling money to go race with you guys, but you cant do that? Just a question>

We dont use dirt tires so spend the money get some crap street tires and race.Better yet you buy me a new set of slicks and ill go race.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

randy i use to be like you i did 99 percent of all my own work on my car .it got to where if i have to show you what i want done may aswell do it myself the good thing atliest you can only blaime you self ..its tuff . if you need help at the races we can and will help you i know a few things aboult bugs .been awhile thow .if we cant help you ibet i can get jessie to give you a hug. :lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:oh talk aboult wifes working on the car your one of the lucky ones .my wife helped me put my motor together in 1988 and that was it as for as that went .now she did paint letters on cars for a charge. i tried to get her to help me on my motors after that but something aboult doing all the dirty work did not set well with her .the NERVE of her saying that i told her she was great at that .but she fired herself .

Loyd I have way to much fun here racing at STS to go spend 400 bucks on slicks and hauling money to go race SAS or KYLE not that I wouldnt want to but I dont have that kinda of money. Right now Im the only sorce of income and takin care of my kid and wife. She just finished school so that will soon be change hehe. Myabe in the future we can race each other. And im the only brother EJ has.

Tim - Now you are starting to sound like the fellow that I met!! :D It is cool that you have your priorities straight. This is my second full year in TPS and I will tell you I am not superstitious at all, but there is definately something to that Sophmore Slump deal... If we were having a better year, I would have loved coming down and running dirt again with ya'll. So basically, you and I are in the same boat, you cannot afford to come race asphalt with us, and I cannot afford to come down there and race dirt. Oh well, like you said in another post, as long as we are having fun, that's all that matters. But I will tell you, the bad luck we have had this year has pushed the "fun" right to the limit!!

1st race - set up wrong in car, way too loose, black flagged for 2 solo spins...

2nd - 9th - Overheating (forced to changes engines after each race on 2nd through 7th)

10th - 11th Cut tires, going laps down.

12th - Redemption???? LOL... :P

As far as racing you in the future - I am looking forward to it. Racing EJ was a blast, and GB says you are a clean driver, and his word is enough for me. I consider it racing when you know you can go side by side into turn, both at full throttle, and both drivers show respect. Beating and banging is for the demo derby. We do this for fun, and if all our time and money go into repairs, it kind of makes it pointless. :(

SORRY i dont let my wife read any of thiese post it may corrupt her she would learn to much from all this and use it against me . so it should be no wifes aloud . { {NOT } saying that could get me burried .i love my wife she.s a sweethart .but dont ever get her motor started .cuz i dont have the horse power to get out of town fast enough . :D

Loyd you wanna talk about bad luck this year. Let see.

1st race running 3rd hood flys up in front of me and still kept racing and finished 4th.

2cond race- running second all over GB and oil pressure drops to 10lbs.

3rd race- spun 2 rods bearings

not sure what race but like 4 races later after motor gets fix rack locks up and straight into the wall thus causeing me to build new car as we speak.

So dont feel to bad my luck has been CRAP this year. But hey I still had fun while it lasted. I think I only lost my temper 2 or 3 times. I should be back up and racing in a few more weeks. Money is so dang tight though. ;)

tim money what the heck is that some kind motor secret you got some parts that we never heard aboult .anyone else out there ever heard of money .whats it look like smell like .sound like .taste like .feel like .and if you would like one more like .i would LIKE to have some .

straight into the wall thus causeing me to build new car as we speak.

Money is so dang tight though. ;)

Brother, I hear you on all accounts. Seems like almost everyone is having major issues ($$$$) this year... I saw pictures on here of your car after the wreck, man oh man... So when you gonna post pics of the new car??

Well its not gonna take me a year LOL its not hard to build a mustang when you know how to it. Its actually pretty darn easy. Once all the big crap is done its just pesky little crap that takes a few days or even weeks to do. But my car should be done proabably within the next week or 2. Should be faster due to the fact it should be around 200 or 300 lbs lighter. I just cant wait to get back on the track and try and get my first win on dirt. But beating my brother or neonwill is gonna be a task itself. :blink:

i bet beatiing your brother will be fun though. I know how it is to build a car we took 3 months just to do the sheet metal in our car so thats why it took so long i think.

took nearly two years to build the seven car .a 1000 here . 2000 there .and so on hell just took a year just figure out how i was going to add wieght jacks and spring sliders to the rear .if you think that is easy on a pinto .it is not .took aboult 4 months to put in the aluminium .and then seeing it was a new from scratch car there was hundreds of things to do to make it come together .and d idnot even know if we had a car that could handle .well the rest is history .i bet there is 2000 hours in that car .isnt a shaime how we cant pay our selfs even 1 dallor an hour for all the blood sweat and tears .not to mention burn marks and cuts .

well ford12 just dont quit . we need all the fords out there that we can get. need to teach those fwd's that you dont mess with a ford . i mean money is what finally got me out of it. had just brought a house had three kids. then i let old timer run my car and he gets in a crash on the front straight away . we reclip the car get it back out there. and two weeks latter the motor blows . just couldnt find the money in the budget . if you need anything just ask. i might still have some stuff around

well ford12 just dont quit . we need all the fords out there that we can get. need to teach those fwd's that you dont mess with a ford . i mean money is what finally got me out of it. had just brought a house had three kids. then i let old timer run my car and he gets in a crash on the front straight away . we reclip the car get it back out there. and two weeks latter the motor blows . just couldnt find the money in the budget . if you need anything just ask. i might still have some stuff around

just bought a house and it had three kids .no wonder you had to stop raceing when i bought my house .it came with one rat but i talked him into moveing .poison . :lol: just have to rattle your cage steven .

Archived