Donnie Moore STASHES TPS

:ph34r: "There is a man who lives in Baytown,Texas that owns the fastest Aircooled.............."

thanks for the kind words, guys, but we haven't turned the first lap on asphalt, yet.

gb, the willis race is "gas only" this year. haven't had time to pre race test the outlaw gas motor, with finishing the new shop and some other stuff, so we probably wont be there, this year......stay cool

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pepsiblue is also very modest about his car,his hired gun driver, and his design ability,This guy is the reason that I continue to build and race aircooled vw's,when he is ready to make his entrance into the asphalt scene(after running on dirt for 30 yrs),ya'll will want to get to know him,and I can assure you he will bring alot of competiton and fun to the Pro Sedans..............Randy

"If the little Honda engine that could, hadn't met an untimely death, that is where you would have finished"

Whoa not saying your wrong but how sure couldyou be of that. Im not tryin to start anything here with ya but that somethin you cant just say cause you never know. I do remember Ej bangin on your doors the time he was behind you. So how do you know that would have happen. What if you were holding him up. Just saying not talkin CRAP here. But Ej was all over Donnies bummper I think alot closer then you were if I remember correct.But hey I wish you could get your Honda going good.Me and Will were talkin about it today. Car sounds fast and seems fast but I not sure what probs your havin. Im sure you will get it figured out sooner or later. ;)

LOL - I stand corrected. You are correct that I do not know for certain, and we will never really know. But I promise you that I was closer to Donnie's rear bumper that Tim was...LOL OK that just sounds way too weird, but anyway, that is why the engine went south.

EJ ran a smarter race than I did. Before that race, I had only raced on dirt, and asphalt is certainly different. I wasn't used to Donnie's driving style, as on dirt you are on the throttle through the turns, slideways. He didn't have the corners working for him that year, (like he does this year, and why no-one can catch him) so he was forced to almost park it in the corner, then use the HP to pull out of the corner and down the straight.

Lap after lap I was having to lock the brakes up and BAM - right into his car's rear bumper. I kept thinking, this guy is going to be mad at me after the race..." I kept trying different lines, braking earlier, etc, and I finally got his pattern down. I finally was able to get around him on lap 17. Unfortunately, after a few laps of hitting the rear of his car, it had V'ed in the nose of my car, pulling the fan wire off, and it over heated on the caution laps on lap 20. Once I was off the track, you are right, EJ was in the same boat I was in. He found out how quick that little VW would stop, turn and shoot off again. I don't recall EJ hitting Donnie like I had, so if he had more laps, maybe he could have figured out how to get by him too. But like you said, there is no real way to know.

In my mind, do I think I would have won if it hadn't overheated - ABSOLUTELY. I was pulling away a little more each lap. The Honda is made for that track. After the race, Donnie and I talked, and I was very apologetic, because I do not hit people out on the track. I try everything I can to avoid contact. (Just like at SAS at OktoberFast, after Bryce hit the wall on lap 20, I spun to avoid hitting him right in the drivers door, and put my own car into the wall, and I would do it again.)

Now back at CC, Donnie had just surprised me by stopping in the corners. Everything is cool between Donnie and I, as he explained to me not to worry about it, and that was his fault. He said he couldn’t get the car to turn , and that it was the last piece he was trying to get working on his program (which this year proves he has.)

I loaded the Honda up that night with a blown engine, and a destroyed front end. I was smiling because I had had fun, and the car did way better than I thought it would. I changed engine packages, and have not had that car back to what it was until now. And now, I have been having just plain bad luck. That's Racin!!

Oldtimer wish I could but Im gonna stay with what I said. Maybe Ej will take his and we he can give yall some hell. I know his car c=could have a big chance of winning if it will handle the track. Its plently FAST. I know I work on it and Iv drove it. :P

Tim, its a shame you won't come join us. I met one of EJ's brothers down in CC, and had nothing but respect for him. He was talking about racing soon, and sounded very knowledgeable, and confident, and respectful. I am assuming that brother was you. Hope you change your mind and come race with us at the Spectacular. I also hope EJ comes out too. It will be a blast racing him again!!

Lloyd,Donnies car was bogging in the corners at that race all day long.

LOL, I know, and so did my poor front bumper!! LOL. He did a great job there on a few laps. I know I hit him hard a couple of laps, and he kept that thing headed forward. Both of those laps I could have kept going to pass him, but I would have probaly just wrecked us both. Now that he has that issue fixed, he is bad fast. I hope to have something for him next year, unless he finds even more speed.

all i know was ej hadnt figured out the stagger on those slicks that night and so ej ask jessie .and i to help and wala he took off and was fast .but im sorry had don been hooked up like he finaly got to .no one would have been even close .lalo was next in line on the next race .and he and us were half way back on the same strieght . now if we had made it that night when ej finished second which he almost won on the last lap .... wellllllll .lol who knows

say knight blade could you  trim alittle fat off me so.s slinky adam ant pipsqeek could have some he looks just alittle slim .

lOl

well trim alot of fat .save me the diet .and burn it . i would not want anyone to have it they may make to much money selling it as whale oil .

Heck don't give Adam any fat that will only make him faster,you know more left side%. :lol: While we are at it that night you ran a CC the first time they had a bunch of bad gas in the cars.

yes they did get some bad fuel and it did slow some cars down i saw what was in lalo,s car it didnt look like race fuel or smelled like race fuel .it was a wonder any car that ran that fuel could even start .we dont run that stuff .when we can we get the better stuff .

Loyd I have way to much fun here racing at STS to go spend 400 bucks on slicks and hauling money to go race SAS or KYLE not that I wouldnt want to but I dont have that kinda of money. Right now Im the only sorce of income and takin care of my kid and wife. She just finished school so that will soon be change hehe. Myabe in the future we can race each other. And im the only brother EJ has.

Hey pepsiblue randy larsen was telling me that you guys run methanol in your car, now that the willis race is gas only i was wondering how you had planned on keeping it cool? Just wondering, Us members off the a.s.s. club need to keep ours cool so they will stay together and keep us on the right track of winning a race.

John,when they won the first "outlaw"race at willis,they only had to weigh 1800lbs,well then the fords and ford supporters could not stand a "aircooled vw" smokin' everyone and taking the $3000.00 first prize,so last year they said that he would have to weigh a minimum of 2000lbs,well guess what ..........he handed them there a-- again and took the $3000.00 again,well once again the powers that be wanting a ford to win have decided to take away there methanol in an effort to make the "aircooled vw" burn itself up...........amazing how an "outlaw race" has become so controlled to help a ford get to the front and win,I personally under those conditions would not be proud to win against a "aircooled vw" in any type of car.........OH WELL,if you cant beat em' restrict 'em,he would probably win anyway and be banned from the track.......(long live the Aircooled Thunder)..........Randy

Sorry,I didnt answer the cooling question,on Oct 28th I will be running four oil coolers(almost 11 quarts of oil),a better fan housing,and hopefully more torque and less rpm,so we will see if this secret :ph34r: monster bug engine will stay at operating temperature......... WOW, if anything comes apart that should create an oilslick that would rival the Exxon Valdez,what do you think Oldtimer?????.....................Randy :D

randy after last friday starting on our car at 830 in the morning and loading it at 11 00 that night .going backwards three steps for every two forwards saying a few choice words dragin our butts up at 5 oclock saterday and only getting to sleep one hour and some .trying to get that car to run good at the track getting a bad starting position .and then placeing third .and hearing things that werent there cuz we were tired .and driveing home .getting to bed at 4 oclock .saying thank god its over .i would say your going to have a great run and finish at kyle .

All of ya'll Corpus racers should be very proud,no crashing and finishing good is a sign of the dedication and hard work as a team,I have never had any help on my car,I built it from scratch and do "ALL" the work on it by myself,you guys are lucky to have each other to hold things support each other and help out..................my poor wife has to help me lift the motors onto the floor jack to put them in the car,I wouldnt want to arm wrestle her!!!! :D

Archived