Donnie Moore STASHES TPS

Learn from experience...

As Mark Twain said... "Better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

And... "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato

Lets not forget another popular quote "Dont write checks your a$$ cant cover" :P

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a man who lives in Baytown,Texas that owns the fastest Aircooled VW dirt track car in the south,that runs on methanol,dont get him riled up,he has beaten the fastest mustangs,chevys,toyotas,etc. from places like Georgia,Alabama,and everyone in Texas and has done it the last two years in a row,if you need someone to confirm this just ask G.B. Carter,he was there and saw it with his own eyes,so be careful what you wish for...................Randy (Long live the Aircooled Thunder) :ph34r: Also congrats to Donnie and George Merrill and crew,they have earned the Championshipand done it with style,I am just glad that all those involved in any crashes were not injured at S.A.,See you all at Thunderhill.............

now randy you letting the cat out of the bag .is that your secret .you.ll be running what he has under the hood or the rear section of herbie .

Randy,your right that late model air cooled VW is in a class by its self.When I saw it I knew right away what it is.The Grahams and Harris ran this kind of engine years ago in open wheel cars with big wings.Methanoal increases torque by 50%.Gator made him weigh 2000#s last year but he won anyway.No Ford or FWD car can keep up.

As far as dirt VS asphalt,I won 7 features in a row at CC then won my next race on a heavy dirt track.A dirt driver has more car control and can handle a car under poorer conditions than an asphalt only driver.A dirt driver can get 90% total apeed right away.An asphalt driver however is more sensitive to fine tuning adjustments and get the last 10% of speed while having a better tire management.Whos the better driver?The guy that races both.Which is harder?The one you havent figgured out yet.

As far as Pro Sedans,I consider them the clostest to a Nascar race any of us will get.I have raced many Pro Sedan races with only one win,in Houston.Several 2 and 3 finishes as well as a lot of lousey finishes.I would attend more if I lived closer.Theres always 1 to 4 cars that are faster than I am and I dont have a windshield.As far as Donnies car the weight difference is much more important than engine size.A 2.4 Indy car makes more power than a 5.8 cup car.RPM equalizes engine

size if you can get it.500 lbs on tires is like an extra 2" of tire width.The Legacy cars make less power than my car but are a second faster.

As far as drivers there is always guys that do not respect other drivers and always cause problems.Sometimes by acciden and sometimes on purpose.To hear Ford 12 talk you would think he pushes everyone around and crashes people he doesnt like but having raced him I know he and his brother are racers you car run beside lap after lap.Hard racing at that.There is one car at STS that has crashed more cars than everyone else and is partly responsible for the lower car count.You cannot get beside him or he will drive into you.He even has knocked his teammates around.On purpose?Accident?The results are the same.CC speedway was the best place for drivers giving room to other drivers.They had no choice,the small confines made it necessary.I believe in giving a guy enough room,maybe not the best line but when you try to crash someone you are usually crashed too.Your reputation as a driver is your most important feature and will come back to you.

Now there are 3 important races left this year.The Pro Sedan race at Thunder Hill,the halloween challange at Gator and then the run what you brung race at STS in November when all the other tracks are closed.I wish we could all make all three.But we have a better time bickering amongist ourselves :blink:

Thanks for backing me up G.B.,I watched you run that race at Gator also and you did an amazing job with your front wheel drive VW,you are a great driver,and I personally dont want to see you retire.Will you be at the Thunderhill race on Oct 28th???..........Oldtimer,I will let you know what I intend to run if you are interested or would you rather it be a suprise???..........Randy

randy i love suprises i wish you all the luck in winning .so bring it on missed you at sas .but you got some fast fords to beat .29 and 7 and 66 ring a bell .lol.and you got to look out for that 29 he.s pulling a rabbit out of his bar b q pit .he.s going to be smoken we will have to kick it up another notch .

All the Corpus Boys ran great and drove super races,dadgum Lalo is going to be a tough one to even catch,so I guess in three weeks we are going to see :ph34r: .....Oldtimer,the last engine I had in the car was hard to handle due to its speed and this new engine is gonna have a bunch more power,and I have to add 120 lbs,I'm just thinking that the lateral G's are going to be fun..........YEEEEEEHAAAA

All the Corpus Boys ran great and drove super races,dadgum Lalo is going to be a tough one to even catch,so I guess in three weeks we are going to see :ph34r: .....Oldtimer,the last engine I had in the car was hard to handle due to its speed and this new engine is gonna have a bunch more power,and I have to add 120 lbs,I'm just thinking that the lateral G's are going to be fun..........YEEEEEEHAAAA

sounds like fun can i ride along been awhile sence i drove are rode in a fast bug . you wont believe this in the seventys a friend of mine had an old 45 airplaine motor and made a adapter for his bug .and this other friend had a camero fastes car in cc then .so we went out and found him with this little old bug and bet 1500 dallors that it could blow away the chevy .well that was the fastes little car i have ever been in it was so quick i broke the seat out and fell to the rear .so is that the secret you have .

Guest RandyBorlace
There is a man who lives in Baytown,Texas that owns the fastest Aircooled VW dirt track car in the south,that runs on methanol,dont get him riled up,he has beaten the fastest mustangs,chevys,toyotas,etc. from places like Georgia,Alabama,and everyone in Texas and has done it the last two years in a row,if you need someone to confirm this just ask G.B. Carter,he was there and saw it with his own eyes,so be careful what you wish for...................Randy (Long live the Aircooled Thunder) :ph34r: Also congrats to Donnie and George Merrill and crew,they have earned the Championshipand done it with style,I am just glad that all those involved in any crashes were not injured at S.A.,See you all at Thunderhill.............

I have seen that car, ya'll dont want any of it.

post-24-1160516806_thumb.jpg

Well thanx GB. If any of these guys like 1 CREW would liketo come run STS feel free. I think I can handle beating a 6 time champ. To me that dont meen sqaut. Thats nice he won that many but I really dont care. If you wanna race me and find out what I am able to do behind the wheel then bring a car or just even come watch. ;)

sas race was anyones race .hey 12 21 get those cars and help us out in kyle we want to put so many fords on one track that the fans wont even know there was any other make of car raceing .and we should all paint them all the same .boy that would be something .the score keepers would have a hart attack .

"If the little Honda engine that could, hadn't met an untimely death, that is where you would have finished"

Whoa not saying your wrong but how sure couldyou be of that. Im not tryin to start anything here with ya but that somethin you cant just say cause you never know. I do remember Ej bangin on your doors the time he was behind you. So how do you know that would have happen. What if you were holding him up. Just saying not talkin CRAP here. But Ej was all over Donnies bummper I think alot closer then you were if I remember correct.But hey I wish you could get your Honda going good.Me and Will were talkin about it today. Car sounds fast and seems fast but I not sure what probs your havin. Im sure you will get it figured out sooner or later. ;)

Hey, watch out for 78 too. I'm fairly confidant that we will be a threat to win at THR. And definately, Randy.

nah pipsqueet we havent forgotten you you just have to stand up and be counted .

Pipsqueek???? :blink: Who are you calling pipsqeek, lol? B)

ok adam ant 78 lit me see hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm it was you lol

Archived