Donnie Moore STASHES TPS

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so who or what is this whole thing about you said all the vw's that includes donnie, adam, myself, randy larsen, mike knotts, Tom Johnson,Lanny Young,Sergio Hexsel,Dave Parks,Bruce Mabrito,Candi Hogan and a whole mess of others.

All i was saying do you think if it would of been someone else Beside Jack that was involed in the wreck with Bill it would of been seen in a differnt way because it was JACK it was on purpose .............

It all depends on who. Jack and Bryce have a history of wrecking people like that, so they are under the microscope. But if I was the one who got into the 27 or the 50 I may just get a talking to and put to the rear of the field cause 1) I've never wrecked anybody and 2) I've never done it on purpose. So yes, it may have been different, but it has nothing to do with what Jack races in. It has to do with his past history.

well i cant comment on the wreck with the 27 and the 2 because i wasnt at the same place on the track they were my spark plug wire came off 3 times but in our series everyone that is involved with an accident goes to the back and if it was me i would have been back ther also but i dont think that jack did anything wrong except trying to pass down low if he had waited untill the front strech he could have passed all 4 of us and had no problem going into turn 1 and maybe come away with a good finish. But i think if i was that fast i would have also tried it.

Word to the wise Ford12.. Bill ran two seasons of dirt in Bryan with a stock Scirrocco 1600, no cam, no racing stuff at all. A cage and a boat tank and DOT tires. They asked him not to come back because he won too much. FWIW the motor that he ran with is in Dave Park's car now..

As long as we are talking about dirt, let me tell you a story..

When the Bryan track opened there were two brothers and a cousin that all built minis to run there. Every week they would trade who would win, using the other two as blockers to take out the competition. They ran Geo Storm cars, light, fast, powerful..

In this race, Bill was out in the Scirrocco, freshly repaired from last weeks run in with the wrecking crew. When Bill made a move to the inside, the lead car made a mad dash to cut him off by diving left. Expecting the move, a bit of brake and the lead car shot to the inside with nothing to bounce off of. As Bill motored past, the lead car made a last ditch effort and managed to clip the Scirrocco, causing his own right rear tire to go flying off. Sitting on the outside of the track, he waited till the field came around and made one last attempt to ram Bill with his disabled car.

The field went red, the driver of the Geo was black flagged and removed from the track. He was so mad he ran across the infield, pulled the window net down and punched Bill in the nose while he was still stapped in to the race car. Real big man, taking on someone still strapped in..

Bill went on to win the race and after it was over, the Geo driver's six year old son came crying over to Bill calling him names and saying "my daddy should have won that race"..

I feel sorry for that six year old and the lessons his daddy must be teaching him...

BTW, I don't drive, I wrench.. I was the wrench behind Bill's first championship and every championship since then. I think it would be fun but I know where my talents lie, I'll leave the driving to someone else..

well all you have to do is look at mine and the adam's (78) finishes not the best in the world(no offense adam) i sure havent won any races but i know donnie has and it doesnt make me mad it just makes me work harder on my car and try to bet him and it seems like he has his stuff together so i have nothing but good things to say about donnie.

None taken. I'll be the first to admit, some of our finishes (if we finshed) weren't as good as I had hoped.

Its not about were you finish its about going out and doin what you enjoy most RACING. I have only won a feature race in my first 2 years but I have been runner several times and I have finshed bad a few times but I still have fun doin what I do best and that RACING and being around cars.

All i was saying do you think if it would of been someone else Beside Jack that was involed in the wreck with Bill it would of been seen in a differnt way  because it was JACK it was on purpose .............

It all depends on who. Jack and Bryce have a history of wrecking people like that, so they are under the microscope. But if I was the one who got into the 27 or the 50 I may just get a talking to and put to the rear of the field cause 1) I've never wrecked anybody and 2) I've never done it on purpose. So yes, it may have been different, but it has nothing to do with what Jack races in. It has to do with his past history.

You are right on with this !!! They have a history !!!! Race clean, race smart and finish first !!!

Dude I dont need to know all that. I hate reading storys. Just bring youself and a car and we will race.  :P

Ford12, although i am no rocket scientist, I believe it isnt in your best interest to possibly be challenging a 6 time champion with the little experience you do have under your belt. Maybe you should stick with that dirt thing until you have the maturity to race with men on asphalt.

Myabe not all the VWs get what they want but from what I hear most do. Just like the whole FORD running a plate thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard about a mini stock class. What about that 70 car. Not takin nothin away form him but your cant tell me that car is just fast becasue it handles good. That car has a motor in it and bet it dont have to run a plate now does it. And I bet its probably lighter than any of those FORDS out there. :)

aboult oh just a few hundred p ounds it does not take a rocket brain to figure out that a good strong motor with 500 pounds less than a big motor with 500 plus pounds and 60 to 70 more hourse power could make a different s .thats why we wiegh 2572 .and have a restrictor to boot .but we are getting closer to him ..

Dude I dont need to know all that. I hate reading storys. Just bring youself and a car and we will race.  :P

Ford12, although i am no rocket scientist, I believe it isnt in your best interest to possibly be challenging a 6 time champion with the little experience you do have under your belt. Maybe you should stick with that dirt thing until you have the maturity to race with men on asphalt.

So just becuae hes a 6 time champ meen I can beat him. Ok well I geuss I better stay where Im at. I cant compete with that..........................................................[edited out by Nick Holt, 10/10/06] up just beucause hes a 6 time champ dont meen sqaut. :o

well people next race will tell .. there are some changes going on in lalo's car .he was down a little on hsp for the last race . i mean lalo's is a big man . so changes are being made the car isnt light as the rules allow . so lalo should have the car to beat in the next race.

I have raced in TPS 2 time in C.C ..................Q on the pole and finished 2nd and was on 70 Rear bumber the whole race and you can ask anyone about that race and then there SAS octoberfast in i Q 5th and finished 2nd right with #27 and nothing aginst VW thats just how it appers sometimes...and i never said anythang about special treatment

Whoaa there buddy... You did run a great race there in CC with TPS, but it wasn't Donnie's rear bumper you were behind the whole race!! I enjoyed racing you then, and that is why I wanted ya'll to come race with us again. You drive a smart race, and drove me clean. Two championships later and a great run in V8's prove you can get'r'done. You also did finish second in that CC race with us, but you ran third for over half that race. If the little Honda engine that could, hadn't met an untimely death, that is where you would have finished! (Man I miss that engine!! :angry: ) That was my first TPS race, just like you, but it was also my first asphalt race. Not trying to take anything away from ya, because third would have been great too, but lets not leave out the little facts.

OK - I also hate the what if's... :lol:

OH WOW SIX TIME CHAMPION ,SO HE SHOULDN'T BE AFRAID OF A CHALLENGE FROM A DIRT CAR DRIVER THAT HAS BEEN RACING FOR TWO YEARS HUH, SO WHEN IS HE BRINGING HIS CAR TO STS ?

CONGRATS TO THIS YEARS TPS CHAMPION DONNIE MOORE

Bill LaBarge has indeed won six TPS championships. However, I doubt Bill will bring his car to STS anytime soon after his BMW ended up in the unforgiving steel wall at OktoberFAST.

Nick

Dude I dont need to know all that. I hate reading storys. Just bring youself and a car and we will race. :P

Ah, to remember youth and all its innocence, and the “I know everything attitude...” :blink:

I may miss my old engine, but not those days, well the ones I can remember anyway.. LOL B)

Learn from experience...

As Mark Twain said... "Better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

And... "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato

You guys are smoking crack if you think asphalt is harder to race on than dirt. Dirt may be a little more forgiving before your in the wall but the gap between being fast on dirt is much harder to fill than asphalt. A good dirt driver can go run asphalt and be fast....a good asphalt driver can go run dirt and MIGHT be fast...maybe not though. I dont want to hear anymore excuses. If you dont believe me come down for the Nov 11th race at STS. Run what ya brung.

J

There is a man who lives in Baytown,Texas that owns the fastest Aircooled VW dirt track car in the south,that runs on methanol,dont get him riled up,he has beaten the fastest mustangs,chevys,toyotas,etc. from places like Georgia,Alabama,and everyone in Texas and has done it the last two years in a row,if you need someone to confirm this just ask G.B. Carter,he was there and saw it with his own eyes,so be careful what you wish for...................Randy (Long live the Aircooled Thunder) :ph34r: Also congrats to Donnie and George Merrill and crew,they have earned the Championshipand done it with style,I am just glad that all those involved in any crashes were not injured at S.A.,See you all at Thunderhill.............

well people next race will tell .. there are some changes going on in lalo's car .he was down a little on hsp for the last race . i mean lalo's is a big man . so changes are being made the car isnt light as the rules allow . so lalo should have the car to beat in the next race.

well steven gotto beat us first lol going to be a good race looking forward to it ,so those bugs and fwd better get out of the way . :lol::lol::lol: ps seeing you decided to come out of your shell show up to the race or are you chicken . :D

I would think dirt would be alittle harder to learn to drive on since your pretty much sliding around the corners constantly aren't you???? I am sure its a blast to do though... On asphalt I dont think you would want to feel that slide... LoL Of course I wont get my chance to do either until next season..... :( :(

Archived