Message for NeonWill

ford12

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I changed a few things on my car from what I ran at cc. Ejs car is the same and CC and look he won 5 races and the champ.

yes but ej can drive .the jury is still out on you :lol::lol::lol::lol: jk well your good by your self . :lol::lol::lol: jk well aslong as your going slow :lol::lol::lol: jk nah your great when your sitting in the stands . :D:D jk .id say you came along way from last year you turned out to be a ok driver alittle more seat time and you might be just as great as me .if i was to build another car and needed another driver you and your brother would be on my top list .me as a driver would be at the bottem .way down thier .

Hey Hart and Oldtimer, I have noticed both of you getting on here trying to get drivers from STS to come run TPS. Why don't you come race with us? :o Please don't take me wrong but I have never asked any TPS drivers to not go race a TPS race and come to STS, we need cars just like TPS does and it is just as much fun to race STS as it is TPS so instead of getting on here and trying to recruit STS drivers why don't you come race once with these guys.

Oldtimer you even bad mouth the dirt in some of your post but you don't race here so don't knock it until you try it.

I hope every person with a race car gets out and races because that is the sport we all love but race were you want to race don't let others talk you into going places you don't want to be.

Hart and oldtimer I wish you both the best in all your racing adventures.

Owen - Thank you for the personal invite. I have hoped to make it down there to race with yall, and have had several discussions with the drivers down there regarding that very subject. It may sound like excuses, but I do not think my car is legal for your weekly shows, as it doesn't have a stock floor pan. It is cool that it will be legal for the post season show, and I will see how things work out, I would love to run it.

Like you, I have not asked any driver not to run where they are, or where they want to. I invite your drivers and CCS' drivers to race with us in addition to racing at STS and CCS, not to desert their home track. If you had built a dirt track right here in my back yard, I would be running there for points, and running TPS for points. When TPS raced at CCMS with you at the helm, I was lucky enough to get to know some of the local drivers. Some of the drivers, like Mike Riley do not even race the minis. I do consider them friends now, and seems this board is the only communication we have. So yes, I would love to get together with them, and race them whenever or where ever I get the chance.

I will not get into a debate of dirt vs. asphalt. It is apples and oranges, just like comparing road races with circle track. I have been on this board for a few years, and have been very vocal as to what I would like to see TPS do. I have said many times that I wish that all of the touring series would add a couple of dirt races, and a couple of road races to their season. Since I am in TPS, I would really like to see this done their. A crowned track champion would truly be King (or Queen) if he or she was able to master all three (asphalt, dirt, road race.)

Now let's look at numbers. Your purse for the minis is pretty good for a local driver. Like I said, if the track you ran was in my back yard, or at least considerably closer, I would be right there running for points. Thumper drives a long way for that purse. It would cost me more than I could afford, to try and run a season at your track. Could I do it for one or two times a year, sure. It would be like paying for a mini vacation, but it would be worth the cost to see some old friends, and race them on dirt, or asphalt. As I stated in the beginning of this post, that has always been in the back of my mind to do this year. If you have read any of my press releases though, you know we have taken the Sophomore Slump to a whole new level. It has been all I could do to convince my self to load up and head to SAS or THR when we know the car is not working right, and everything we try is for naught. Any further (like Corpus, would just be a wasted trip.)

But now, we finally got those issues behind us and I looked forward to OktoberFast at SAS, and I am really looking forward to the Stock Car Spectacular at THR. So a drive to race with yall would cost me money. It would be fun, but not cost effective. We have a contractual agreement with our sponsors, and DNF’s, regardless of why do not produce the results we want to deliver for them. We are sitting outside the top ten in points this year with one race to go. I am hoping to get into the top ten by the end of the last race. Now the flip side to that coin, for one of the Corpus drivers to run a TPS race could net them a $1000. Again, look at my past posts. I have always said that any driver can win on any given night. Sure, Donnie has just about swept this year, but he has had both skill, knowledge, correct setups, and luck all on his side. Normally, and you know this, any driver will have some of those ingredients, but not all of them at the same time, on a regular basis. So I invite them so I can see some old friends, meet new ones, let them have the chance to race a different track for a change, and win a large purse for their travels. But not to leave their home track.

When I ran dirt, I lived literally 5 minutes from the track. I wanted to run asphalt, but the closest track was more than 60 miles away. Easy decision there, I ran dirt. It was a blast, and if I had a track that close again, that is where I would run (any weekend I wasn’t running TPS,) regardless of if it was dirt, asphalt, salt, ice, or mud. Racing is fun regardless of what it is on

So, if you have read this really long reply, thank you. Thank you for taking the time to read it, and for making the personal invite to both Old Timer and myself. So here is my suggestion. Get with Neil. Work it out, and set up one or two nights on the TPS schedule for us to run at STS in 2007. I would get to see old friends, and race them on their turf. Your fans in the stands would get to see the Texas touring series that consistently brings the largest car counts, and your drivers would get to run for a TPS purse with no additional driving expenses. TPS drivers would that used to run dirt would have the chance to do it again and still earn points, while the drivers who never ran it would have a chance to see what all the whoopla is all about. Win-win situation, and we all are happy!! Oh yah, Desert Cop would get a DVD from STS with TPS drivers making all the troops over there whoop and holler from what a great race we will be putting on!!

I changed a few things on my car from what I ran at cc. Ejs car is the same and CC and look he won 5 races and the champ.

yes but ej can drive .the jury is still out on you :lol::lol::lol::lol: jk well your good by your self . :lol::lol::lol: jk well aslong as your going slow :lol::lol::lol: jk nah your great when your sitting in the stands . :D:D jk .id say you came along way from last year you turned out to be a ok driver alittle more seat time and you might be just as great as me .if i was to build another car and needed another driver you and your brother would be on my top list .me as a driver would be at the bottem .way down thier .

Mike - I thought that if you built another car, I was the driver at the top of the list!! :o

:lol::P

:blink:

Mike - I thought that if you built another car, I was the driver at the top of the list!! :o

the car id have to build for you has the rear end on the wrong end .dont know if that would work out .i like cars with in line motors .so hence the problem .

E.J. what is all that dirt on the side of your car behind your front tire? Looks like my car.....Is your car a front wheel drive?

Lloyd, what you said about having a track in your back yard is very true. I thought I was going to run some TPS races this year. I really did, but I have a very nice well ran track almost in my back yard. About 14 miles. It is to good to be true. What more could I ask for. So far this year I wound up running I think 21 races this year, thats alot of races. It is to hard for me to not support my local track that gives me such a good place to race. You guys are also very lucky because you have such a great orginazation to race in. If I lived in the central Texas area I would race TPS. I hope next year I can run a few TPS races. We will see what happens next year. TPS cars on dirt, cc dirt cars on asphalt, that would be cool! Neon Will

Oldtimer I could run circles around you :o lol. ................Driven in reverse

Oldtimer I could run circles around you :o lol. ................Driven in reverse

ok you got me . nice new car purty cool now i know what has taken so long .just make it wall proof .if i can get a car for november you can see if you can really run circles around me just please dont make me dizzy . :lol::lol:

the car id have to build for you has the rear end on the wrong end .dont know if that would work out .i like cars with in line motors .so hence the problem .

FWD, RWD, AWD - it doesn't matter to me as long as at least one of the wheels drive...LOL.

So you see Mike - No Problemo! You put the engine any where you want, and the drive wheels where ever you desire, and I will show you what the car you build can really do!!

Now it has been a few years since I raced a RWD, so if that is what you plan to build for me to drive, I may need to run a few laps in reverse just to transition... :lol:

:ph34r:

Archived