TPS Races - $1,000 to win

TPS Announces $1,000 to win and Purse Increases

San Antonio, Texas

The Texas Pro Sedans Series has announced $1,000 to win and purse increases for the last two of the 2006 season closing TPS races at San Antonio Speedway and Thunder Hill Raceway.

TPS Race & Administrative Director, Neil Upchurch recently indicated that for the Octoberfast race on October 7th at San Antonio Speedway and for the “Stock Car Spectacular” at Thunder Hill Raceway on October 28th ….. $1,000 is guaranteed to the winner of each of the 30 lap feature races. In addition, both purses are projected to be significantly increased over traditional field purse distribution payouts to the twenty four car starting field.

Upchurch credited the $1,000 to win purses to two important sponsor postings:

Terry Dickerson, who announced the TPS increase for “Octoberfast” at San Antonio Speedway.

Tom Lorenz, Hoosier Tires Southwest will help increase the TPS purse at Thunder Hill Raceway.

Both October race formats will present two qualifying time trial laps followed by a partial starting grid inversion based on “luck of the draw” for each thirty lap feature race. Yellow flag laps will not be scored and a checkered flag finish is guaranteed in accordance with TPS race procedures.

The San Antonio based four cylinder stock car series will complete it’s 31st consecutive year of racing and the 2006 TPS season on October 28 at Thunder Hill Raceway.

For race entry information contact:

Neil Upchurch, TPS Race & Administrative Director

TPS Office > 210/ 655-3222 Phone & Fax

or by e-mail > neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

For further information, visit: www.texasprosedans.com

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hell bruce im trying to get a car for me .cant seam to find one ..alot of money to make me come out of retirement .and besides you didnt do to bad in your fwd . theres going to be cars comeing out of the wood work for that race going to be real tuff to win it .i would bet that will gb .and gang show up i i hope so .id say 30 cars will be there . and thanks to terry for thinking of us the class .and tps to pay that kind of money .hope its not a full moon .cuz fangs will already be out in full force .so drivers we need to put on the best show that has ever happend in minnies. .

I have tried for 16 years to get Ronnie to bring that Datsun out. Its still on his hualer behind his shop.

And I've been trying to convince Anthony Jetter to take that SAAB 900 down of the jack stands and show the TPS crowd why that red and white #99 SAAB was the car to beat on the longer tracks.

Doesn't Anthony still hold the Texas World Speedway track record for the TPS cars?

Nick

there is still a fast pinto sitting around robstown .that has a new motor in it and hasnt been on the track for years .this car was i bilieve a six time champ .and as far as i know it is still for sale . how many of you remember that 14 car . blue green and yellow .

Oldtimer: I hate to tell you this, but ..................

October 7, 2006 is a "full moon night".

Neil Upchurch - TPS

dang neil if you hate to tell me this why did you lol. then i hate to tell you this get that black flag ready just dont use it on us . is there a tps graveyard somewhere .just may have to use it after this race .hope not tho. :unsure:

hell bruce im trying to get a car for me .cant seam to find one ..alot of money to make me come out of retirement .and besides you didnt do to bad in your fwd . theres going to be cars comeing out of the wood work for that race going to be real tuff to win it .i would bet that will gb .and gang show up i i hope so .id say 30 cars will be there . and thanks to terry for thinking of us the class .and tps to pay that kind of money .hope its not a full moon .cuz fangs will already be out in full force .so drivers we need to put on the best show that has ever happend in minnies. .

Hey OldTimer - I have a little red and white Honda CRX I will sell you. We solved the cooling problem, and is ready to go!!!

I know you are RWD, but I think you would kick some serious, well let's just say you would have a great shot at the win in it. Your talent and a car that won three championships, not to mention winning last years spectactular, would be a hard package to beat. ;)

And for all of those inquring minds, if OT bought it, I would still be there. Always keep an ACE up your sleeve, as they say... B)

If your interested...PM for details!!! :D

Hey OT - Am I giving up???? Quoting ole DW..."Noooo, not this year..."

The Honda is a great car, and I plan to drive it at Octoberfast, but I know how badley you want to drive again, so I wanted to give you that option. ;)

If you (or someone else made me the right offer,) I would probably take it. I have other options, and would still be at Octoberfast in the TPS race... :D

With the clock ticking down, if someone needed a fast car, it is ready to go. We worked the last of the bugs out of it at the last race. Now it is time to see what it can really do. If someone wanted to step into a fast car for our $1,000 to win race, here is your chance.

19 thanks for the offer but i have no laps in a fwd so i dont think i could be the driver you may want .but someday would love to try one of those cars .and besides ill have two cars on my hands .and i have to get that 7 car moveing .everyone has got thier money on donnie .rightfully so as of now so we plan on do ing something about that and win fare and square. .and i have to get jessie through 30 laps and all you crazy drivers .

Lloyd,

That ACE up your sleeve wouldn't happen to be a BMW would it??? Jack works on Bills car.....Jack works on LLoyds car (Bill out this Yr). Now LLoyd wants to sell car and Jack still working with LLoyd...Hmmmmm....Inquiring minds want to know??

Ozzy

Oldtimer:  I hate to tell you this, but ..................  

Neil Upchurch - TPS

So that means I have a shot at the $1,000. A good one at that. :D

iits a full moon and its 1000 dollars . and you better think you have A SHOT AT IT .STAY OUT OF TROUBLE .

Don't drag me in to this, I just work on 'em.. Don gave me a "silver wrench" after he and Sergio took the honors last year, I'm just trying to live up to the reputation..

There is no telling what the Full Moon is going to bring out of the woodwork this year. :)

After that little Chevy Joshua is driving put on such a good show at Thunderhill, I'm surprised no one is gunning for him. The spirit of Woody is in that car for sure..

I figure this race to be the Tri Wizard Cup, almost like some of the the old TROC races, there will be cars show up that no one around here has seen in a long time..

Oldtimer:  I hate to tell you this, but ..................  

Neil Upchurch - TPS

So that means I have a shot at the $1,000. A good one at that. :D

iits a full moon and its 1000 dollars . and you better think you have A SHOT AT IT .STAY OUT OF TROUBLE .

I intend to. I'm VERY confidant about these last two races. As long as the car lives, I can honestly say the 78 will be a major threat for at least a top 10, possibly even a top 5. And watch out next year, I have a feeling all four of us bugs will get to do a few doughnuts.

Lloyd,

That ACE up your sleeve wouldn't happen to be a BMW would it??? Jack works on Bills car.....Jack works on LLoyds car (Bill out this Yr). Now LLoyd wants to sell car and Jack still working with LLoyd...Hmmmmm....Inquiring minds want to know??

Ozzy

Hey Ozzy,

Just like in poker, you will have to ante up to see my cards :P

I will put it this way, I plan to take the Honda to the front in the next two races, unless someone makes me an offer on it. If they do, I play one of my other cards. I like options, so I try to keep lots of them within quick reach.

So, you ready to take the Checkers in a FWD?? :o

I know, you bleed blue, but sometimes you just have to shake things up a little. The car is bad fast, has three Championships to its credits, and brought me across the Checkers first at the last Spectacular!! B)

i say its gonna be more than a few doughnuts maybe a bug sweep of the whole season. What that would be 3 wins a piece. Hey it could happen.

That would be quite the upset. I can't wait. Btw, wouldn't that be 5 bugs since your adding one next year?

Who is adding one next year??

5 Bugs...Its an invasion!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Archived