Clash of the Titans, Sunday Pro Class Eliminations

rebelracewriter

Sunday Pro Eliminations

H. T. Wilson grabbed top honors in the Pro Outlaw class when fast qualifier, Buddy Farmer shook the tires and was forced to pedal his car and shut off early. Wilson’s 6.953 @ 196.42 easily beat Farmer’s 11.961 @ 67.19. It was a first ever class win for the Azle, Texas driver in his unsponsored, 2000 Jerry Haas Pontiac Firebird powered by a Hans 706 motor with a two stage nitrous system.

“Luck,” said Wilson. “It was a big part of winning tonight. If he(Farmer) hadn’t shook the tires I doubt I could have won. We were several tenths off his times. I’ve won back-to-back divisional races, but never run a Clash show before.”

The Outlaw 10.5 class saw another first time winner as Stan Williams got the win after Chris Shortridge lit the red light. Williams, a former two-time Super Street Champion in 2004-2005 ran a 7.266 @ 190.76. The Marion, Kansas native drives a 1986 Camero powered by a big block Chevy on nitrous and sponsored by Marion Auto Supply, Williams Service and Dial Race Shop.

Super Street saw Brad Lind upset local hotshoe and fast timer, David Marroquin in the finals. Lind, from Kyle, Texas drives the turbo-charged 360CI, 1993 Ford Mustang sponsored by Stang Gear, Kutzer Race Engines and American Racing Technology. Lind laid down a 8.798 @ 167.35 to Marroquin’s 9.591 @ 171.82.

In True 10.5 it was two Cypress, Texas friends squaring off for the win between Kyle Heuttel and Chip Raderchak. Heuttel ran a 7.864 @ 180.07 , while Raderchak, who was having motor problems, red lit. The win puts Heuttel into the True 10.5 points lead in the 1996 Z-28 Camero with a 598 Chevy on a two stage nitrous system. Heuttel, sponsored by his father and the Bad 9-er Crew leads the class with three wins this season as well.

Fast qualifier Cory Wheat completed the weekend sweep easily when his competition was unable to make the call for the finals. Wheat didn’t take it easy and busted off a pass of 4.646 @ 159.01 down the 1/8 mile.

Deer Park, Texas’ Chad Baker put a holeshot on Greg Eaton to take the win in Cheap Street. Baker’s reaction time of .074 was better than Eaton’s .186 as the green flashed. Eaton ran a quicker 8.586 @ 161.17 to Baker’s 8.671 @ 158.34, but was unable to drive around fast qualifier, Baker on the big end.

Budman,Reb was looking for some Hooter's girls this past weekend.I saw him a few times using my binoculars on the starting line and he wasnt looking down track,more like scanning the grandstands,checking out the scenery-lol

Archived