Short Crews

Hey, if you've my post in the other forum, you know I'm trying to get started on racing. Obviously, I'm planning on starting small with Grand Stock, but if there're any crews that need another member in exchange for some training (which is one in the same, I'd think) I'd be happy to join. I'm still in California till July, but I'd like to start in with some contacts when I get back. PM me if anyone would like to know more about me. B)

• 3 weeks later...

hell i like it ........this ain't golf?

i don't know if we will be in sas but if we are youve got an invitation. #5 or i guess for that race 15 or 5d , white nova with orange #'s.

or try and introduce yourself to jc in the 52 super lm

ive never seen anyone volunteer to help and get no reply. try losing the whole skull and death image you'll do better if they think your serious.

It's not a "death image", just two of my favorite comic heroes, the Punisher and Ghost Rider. Yes, I'm 22 and still read a comic every now and then, but before you think that makes me immature, those two're usually made for the older croud. Zoom did PM me, though, and I think he'll be able to help alot, but I'll still look for other people to help (and more experience/training), like Crazyhorse, thanks. I'll probably make another post when I'm closer to finishing my term and moving back home.

ive never seen anyone volunteer to help and get no reply. try losing the whole skull and death image you'll do better if they think your serious.

It's not a "death image", just two of my favorite comic heroes, the Punisher and Ghost Rider. Yes, I'm 22 and still read a comic every now and then, but before you think that makes me immature, those two're usually made for the older croud. Zoom did PM me, though, and I think he'll be able to help alot, but I'll still look for other people to help (and more experience/training), like Crazyhorse, thanks. I'll probably make another post when I'm closer to finishing my term and moving back home.

maybe you could be the headless rider on crazyhorse. ..shoot maybe on to something . :D:D

LoL....

i will need crew help next season as well, or atleast it looks that way right now... I am not exerience like these other guys, but if you want to see what its like being a rookie you can find that out from me... :)

we won five races in 85 and we were rookies .just have to have good ears and mind and learn from others and dont go in with the attitude that you are going to set the wourld on fire .

Yeah my main thing in the first couple of races will be to just finish in 1 peice one the lead lap and no engine damage... That is my attitude going in until I get used to it... I have said before I am probably going to be nervous and scared as hell the first time I am out there about to start a live race, I just hope that goes away in a hurry... :)

word of advice .not that its worth much never .never say this to a driver that is next to you in the line .{ EYE HAVE TO PEE } that would make him mad cuz he just went before the race and NOW he has to go again .and just go out there and keep the car out of the way and finish ,dont worry aboult being lapped .cuz everyone of us have been there .and also when that green flag drops you wont think of be.ing scared anymore you .ll be haveing fun .

word of advice .not that its worth much never .never say this to a driver that is next to you in the line .{ EYE HAVE TO PEE }

.................and never say while waiting in line to the guy next to you "going into 1 you're my (female dog)" ..............it works but they are pissed afterwards either way.

• 1 month later...
Yeah my main thing in the first couple of races will be to just finish in 1 peice one the lead lap and no engine damage... That is my attitude going in until I get used to it... I have said before I am probably going to be nervous and scared as hell the first time I am out there about to start a live race, I just hope that goes away in a hurry... :)

Just went through the nerves this year. I was more afraid of crashing someone else, than I was of crashing myself. But after the 3rd or 4th race, the butterflies go away. And when the last race of the season comes, that's when you find out if you really have jewels or not, lol. I was a lot braver the other night than in the past, lol :lol: .

yea adam i was also worried about getting in someones way but that all goes out the window once the green flag drops. But i had a lot of fun this year(even though we were involved in a wreck last race). Hopefully we can do better next year. Also thanks for all the tps drivers for having patience with me and answering any questions i had.

Yes we do need to run at TWS like the old days and they could learn what a bug sandwich is like(almost running over a corvette and haveing mustangs running up your rear practicing with the SCCA showroom stock class. It was still fun though,I just thought the vette would run deeper in the corners in the road course,he used the brakes at least 5 car lengths before I was.

Archived