Donnie Moore wins at SAS

Congrats to Donnie again and his car owner builder George Merrell.........Man,what a run by a rookie racer to take the second spot,great job Joshua Tuttle bringin' the Chevy Thunder(great new paint on his car) to the front,and Wasek "WOW" If he ever paints the car it will look as good as it runs,I do want all the members to know that soon there will be an increase in the aircooled vw bug count as there are at least 2 more bugs being built...........so get ready H2O speed junkies,us aircooled dinosaur drivers will soon have you in our cross-hairs........................Randy #53(returning soon)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats to Donnie again and his car owner builder George Merrell.........Man,what a run by a rookie racer to take the second spot,great job Joshua Tuttle bringin' the Chevy Thunder(great new paint on his car) to the front,and Wasek "WOW" If he ever paints the car it will look as good as it runs,I do want all the members to know that soon there will be an increase in the aircooled vw bug count as there are at least 2 more bugs being built...........so get ready H2O speed junkies,us aircooled dinosaur drivers will soon have you in our cross-hairs........................Randy #53(returning soon)

Amen, Bugs are on the come-back!!!

The ones of us that run the bugs are going to get faster,its just been rounding up enough money to build some serious horspower and to get some diehard bug people to keep'em alive...........the #78 bug has been around racing with the pro sedans for 30 plus years its one of the original cars that started the class,and it was Donnie Moore who drove that car to some great finishes,and Mike Knotts correct me if I'm wrong but didnt Donnie win a championship with the #78???.........Also Kn1ghtblade send me your address and I will send yall a autographed picture of "Herbie" for you daughter........Herbie has been hired to attend a birthday party in San Antonio on september 16.........must be nice,he gets all the attention!!!.................Randy

When I started racing with the TIDA pro sedans I had a bug #78. Donnie & John Lamb built this bug and it was #71 around 1985. I bought the 71 and changed it to 78. I dont think Donnie won a championship with it but it did win a few races.

ill just have to bring my bug spray .i know the last one i hit didnt have the guts to try it again .made a heck of a mess on my bumper .but i think it was one of yahs cousins sorry about that .my brakes didntv work good .but i want a pic to randy please purty please .and i hope you win one for all the buggers out there .

go ahead and call pest control oldtimer, but i dont think there is enough pest control people in the world to kill us all off we will be in the winners circle this year or next i guarantee it.!!!!!!!!!

ill be standing thier clapping for yah to .

Archived