Nascar Racing 2003?

Jason

Anyone here besides Bigjohn and me have Nascar Racing 2003 by Papyrus for the PC? There is a bgn mod, cts mod, and a trans-am mod coming out for it with new tracks. I am thinking about maybe starting a Online Series for the trucks on short tracks. Maybe Sunday nights? Broadband only. Anyone interested?

Jason

Here is a screenshot for the new mod. Looks real.

post-2-1059857010_thumb.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Jason I play 2002 all the time. I have 2003 but I think the computer i have isnt quite fast enough. But for you guys who do have 2003 I saw this on a website and yall can download Joe Aramendia's busch car.

If you go to www.rubbins-racin.com goto car downloads and click on the 2003 icon under busch cars.

With the new patch I kind of am disappointed that they wont have Super Latemodel physics so there wont be an accurate super late model mod if there is one at all. Still going to be cool to run Trucks and TransAm.

Jason

i wish they would come out with a slm mod, i have painted several cars, but they just look like cup cars with romco paint scheme. Someone needs to come out with a slm, there was one in the works a while back, but i think it got scrapped.

big john

Dang I had no idea all you guys are racing 2003. I have been racing in leagues for a couple of years now and never even thought to see if anyone else was doing this. Sunday league may be fun. I run on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday why not on Sunday. It would have to be post cup race though. Keep me posted. Let me know when some of you guys are going to be online and where and maybe we can all hook up and race. Here is my e-mail addy let me know

jnalback@yahoo.com..........give ya the real one in private........don't like to broadcast it :(

There are quite a few snort tracks converted to N2003 showing up, along with some leagues that run short tracks only.

The USA Series is starting a N2003 short track division, and its first race is on Tuesday night. This series is the longest-running series on the internet, and dates back all the way to the original Papyrus sim, NASCAR 1. You can find out more at: http://www.kjsl.com/~jmckin12/usa/ Another series, Dixie Online Motorsports, has a couple of divisions that run N2003 on short tracks. You can find out more about DOM at http://www.chuckchamblee.com/dom/index.shtml Both series have files, schedules, rules, etc. posted on their sites. While I am still on the sidelines with the full-size race car, I have raced with both of these leagues in various divisions and have had a good time.

Another sim short track fans might want to check out is the older NASCAR Heat. While the original sim didn't compare with the Papyrus series, there are 60+ add-ons for the game, from indy cars to DIRT cars and everything in between, the keep it popular today. I have co-authored a few of these add-ons, or "mods" for car models such as Street Stocks, Late Models and Super Late Models. Physics were changed, along with new car models, to try and simulate Saturday night racing. The Super Late Model shown below is a mod we recently finished that contains outlaw-style late models raced in my area. You can find the Super Late and Street Stock mods on my sire, http://www.craigschmidtracing.com You can find other mods and tracks at http://www.simracingconnection.com

I also direct the USA Series NASCAR Heat division that races the Super Late Mod and the Street Stock Mod every other Wednesday night. You can find more info at: http://www.kjsl.com/~jmckin12/usa/

It is interesting, that most of the people involved in these leagues race themselves, or have ties to the sport.

post-2-1059944646_thumb.jpg

well i just figure that might look alright.

I have question about the trucks does the template download into the game or does it have to go into paint shop pro.

And were can i get the patch to get trucks into the game i went to lightspeed and wildfire but all i see ias templates.

And could one of you guys paint a truck for me

The trucks are not out yet. You can get the templates but the mod will not be out till after the patch. The templates go to Adobe Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. I used to race Nascar Heat a ton on IRF and Hardcore mode. I left Heat after the physics tools got leaked to the public causing a tons of cheating. That in my opinion was the demise of heat.

Check this out...

30.jpg The transam mod is gonna be awesome.

Archived