The news?

spedfrk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Rick, Thunders had 9 I believe, Bombers had like 8, and Supers had 6 but only 4 started the feature. Fastest time in the Supers that I heard all night was my dad in the 16.30's (Last years record 15.97). Probably closer to 200-250 in the stands. About what I expected. It will take a while for the track to come around. As far as the times, the track is just about 3 to 4 tenths off right now. That's what you expect with a new track surface until it gets worked in and gets some rubber on it. Although it is pretty smooth compared to before.

I do plan to take the car out to the dirt some, too. Had fun out there. Would like to see how the car runs. Need to try to make some of that money back I spent on that Modified!!!! By the way, it is FOR SALE if you didn't know!!!!

Peanut man, I got no problems with nobody. I like Ford12, just thought I would stand up for the track that has given many people many good memories and fun times. Like I said before, we should be glad we have a choice of tracks. Not many cities do. Don't see why people have to stretch and take every opportunity to dog something when there really isn't any reason to.

And you wouldn't be talking about that guy who's name starts with a J would you?

Hey Rick, Thunders had 9 I believe, Bombers had like 8, and Supers had 6 but only 4 started the feature. Fastest time in the Supers that I heard all night was my dad in the 16.30's (Last years record 15.97). Probably closer to 200-250 in the stands. About what I expected. It will take a while for the track to come around. As far as the times, the track is just about 3 to 4 tenths off right now. That's what you expect with a new track surface until it gets worked in and gets some rubber on it. Although it is pretty smooth compared to before.

I do plan to take the car out to the dirt some, too. Had fun out there. Would like to see how the car runs. Need to try to make some of that money back I spent on that Modified!!!! By the way, it is FOR SALE if you didn't know!!!!

Peanut man, I got no problems with nobody. I like Ford12, just thought I would stand up for the track that has given many people many good memories and fun times. Like I said before, we should be glad we have a choice of tracks. Not many cities do. Don't see why people have to stretch and take every opportunity to dog something when there really isn't any reason to.

And you wouldn't be talking about that guy who's name starts with a J would you?

Thanks Greg,

Just wanted to get some facts straight and not spread rumors further. I went out to the track on Monday practice and it DOES look good. Now...about that modified.... ;)

Like I said before, we should be glad we have a choice of tracks. Not many cities do. Don't see why people have to stretch and take every opportunity to dog something when there really isn't any reason to.

Very well said. I've thought the same thing many times as I've read about the progress of CC speedway over the past several weeks.

I just don't see why some people have to create what seems like a battle between the two tracks. Fortunately, it looks as though most of the drivers would prefer that the two tracks co-exist in peace.

About the track surface - under the sealer, did they lay down a new surface or patch the bad areas?

Well how did it go? Car count? Who won? Attendence in the stand? I hope all went well..

I guess I missed it in the thread...but did someone answer these questions? No results up on CC website...plus one more question...I heard some drivers saying the payout was $175 to win on Thunders, $125 for second and so on...true? or mouthing off? And I have heard there were 8 to 12 Thunder cars...how hard is it to count and come up with a number? And I have heard from 200 to 500 in the stands...does anyone have some fairly concrete numbers? Inquiring minds would like to know...

your answer to that rick is bring your car out there and see for your self . :D

Archived