The news?

spedfrk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pappy green won the minis at a 16.80 average race time. Mike lee won the bombers at a 17.9 average ,and Greg Jr.at a 16.5 average in the supers. The spectator attendance was near 200 if i had to guess. Was'nt that bad after all,everyone put on a good race.Gage Guevara in the minis woulda ,shoulda, coulda, but lapped traffic played a great part. In the bomber, #7 shorty had every chance to win but raced a little to hard,and could'nt pass mike lee.Shorty raced better times than mike lee and believe it or not looked very impressive.As for the supers, Troy Vela won the heat as well as the australian pursuit, but the Luche got a great run on the start of the feature to win by a narrow margin. The track showed promise and i am sure it will do well.But thats just my opinion. It was a decent night with all things considered. I would say it was 10 TT,10 bombers and@7 supers. FRED ARREDONDO

i thought it was a good night all thangs considerd . no tore up cars .one broken motor .-tracks in great shape even the newbies kept good controw of thier cars .flagman did a good job .just add a few more cars .eveything would be fine going toget lisa.s car running soon .it will take sometime but cant keep us and the track down for long .

the track was great but my car wasnt found out i have three bent a arms so next week its on. the people in the stands were having a good time from what my aunt said and she said that she will be back for sure.I think next week will be better i am going to tell as many people as i can but we need more cars so that we can put on a better show.

.if you build it they will come .it will take sometime but the chicken always leaves the hen house only to return , :D once poeple see the track is for real they will come out and race .i didnot hear one conplaint last night poeple were haveing fun .not even from the fans .i think they are very glad the track is open .

but the chicken always leaves the hen house only to return

yea right

[edited out by Nick Holt, 6/27/06] its well known you dont believe local asphualt drivers even need a race track to race on .you want only dirt . [edited out by Nick Holt, 6/27/06] .

oldtimer,

Guess I took your bait then huh. Damn. You may be surprised but a few years ago I wanted to see STS paved. Would that ever happen? I hope not but seriously if you cant handle comments then dont throw the bait out there.

and oldtimer....if my smart ass comment "yea right" gets your panties in a wad i would hate to see your reaction if you knew how i really felt about that place in general but I will show some "class" and restrain myself from giving you my opinion.

My opinion on the matter is simple,eveyone seems to have ther own preference,whether it be a fan,driver,or potential sponsor-promoter. I enjoy the sport of racing on either dirt or paved. I've enjoyed both for more years than I can remember. I've been to all south Texas' tracks and enjoyed them equally.I see no reason to defame or show illl support for any track in the WORLD let alone South texas. I will continue to support both tracks no matter what.Racing is racing on any track.(JMO).My comments posted on here should be conveyed as heart fealt and not by any means derrogatory. Good job Perry-Pittman as well as the Yoacums. Lets keep racing FUN, like it has been. FRED

Fred,

:P Great job on reporting the first night out. We are all exicted about seeing the track finally opened. Greg Jr. did what he does best and found his way around the track. :P

:D Great job Greg Jr, and Pappy Green great to hear that you finally got all the bugs worked out of that ford. I remember how fast that little Opel of yours was way back when, so I'm sure it was a great site to see. :D

:rolleyes: Love to hear some more from any of you about the races if any of your guys/gals can put together a news type blurb for the heat and feature races. We love the play by play stuff. :rolleyes:

B) Keep up the good work at the track Donnie. :rolleyes:

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (IRAQ) :ph34r:

Fred,

:P Great job on reporting the first night out. We are all exicted about seeing the track finally opened. Greg Jr. did what he does best and found his way around the track. :P

:D Great job Greg Jr, and Pappy Green great to hear that you finally got all the bugs worked out of that ford. I remember how fast that little Opel of yours was way back when, so I'm sure it was a great site to see. :D

:rolleyes: Love to hear some more from any of you about the races if any of your guys/gals can put together a news type blurb for the heat and feature races. We love the play by play stuff. :rolleyes:

B) Keep up the good work at the track Donnie. :rolleyes:

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (IRAQ) :ph34r:

pappy did something saterday night . i like it .him and i talked about it and he was going to send it to yah .. good ideal . KEEP IT SAFE.

Well if that track is as fast as people say it is I should hit in the 16.0 or maybe even 15.9s but I race dirt so nah wont see me there anytime soon.

id say you could hit it but you wont know till you show .isnt it just makeing you in the back of your mine think dam i want to hit that 15 second mark so bad i cant even stand it .. you know that urge is like an itch you have just got to scratch it . but you dont want to come over and try it and let your friends down i know . im picking on you tim i want you to have fun wether it is where your tires hit asphualt or dirt . :D [edited out by Nick Holt, 6/27/06]

The Yocums and Tom Creacy and the crew did a fantastic job. Congrats to Pappy. I guess you ain't too old after all. Thanks to Mike "old timer", for getting my car going so I could race. The racing was clean and fun, no fightin', just racin'.

Archived